Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

At the beginning of Theon I in Clash when Theon is watching Pyke rise from the sea is there any mention of the mist or wind brushing his cheeks like cold soft kisses or anything similar?

Nothing like that in Theon I, Clash. There is this line in A Ghost in Winterfell chapter in Dance:

When he raised his head, the snowflakes brushed his cheeks like cold soft kisses.

At the beginning of Theon I in Clash when Theon is watching Pyke rise from the sea is there any mention of the mist or wind brushing his cheeks like cold soft kisses or anything similar?

Did a quick read and all I found was this: Obedient to his wishes, the Myraham beat her way past the point with her sails snapping and her captain cursing the wind and his crew and the follies of highborn lordlings. Theon drew the hood of his cloak up against the spray, and looked for home.

No kisses, except for one on the ear for the captain's daughter in the cabin and after that she has her mouth full. Also nothing when Theon comes... ashore at Lordsport. Gods, I really hate this chapter... :D

Did a quick read and all I found was this: Obedient to his wishes, the Myraham beat her way past the point with her sails snapping and her captain cursing the wind and his crew and the follies of highborn lordlings. Theon drew the hood of his cloak up against the spray, and looked for home.

No kisses, except for one on the ear for the captain's daughter in the cabin and after that she has her mouth full. Also nothing when Theon comes... ashore at Lordsport. Gods, I really hate this chapter... :D

Too funny! Thanks.

Someone mentioned that Jon notices a small scar on Mel's cheek when he's close to her.

Does anyone know where this is?

The word cheek appears 51 times in Jon's chapters and none refer to a scar on Mel. But if someone finds this I'm curious now too.

How do we know Varys's little birds have no tongues? What's the point of that if they can (presumably) write?

Reread the conversation between illyrio and Varys overheard by Arya. Maybe somebody with the ebooks can quote the relevant portion for you.

How do we know Varys's little birds have no tongues? What's the point of that if they can (presumably) write?

Reread the conversation between illyrio and Varys overheard by Arya. Maybe somebody with the ebooks can quote the relevant portion for you.

This is the best I could find at the moment:

“What I can do, I will,” the one with the torch said softly. “I must have gold, and another fifty

birds.”

She let them get a long way ahead, then went creeping after them. Quiet as a shadow.

“So many?” The voices were fainter as the light dwindled ahead of her. “The ones you need are

hard to find... so young, to know their letters... perhaps older... not die so easy...”

“No. The younger are safer... treat them gently if they kept their tongues the risk...”

I think mel mentions in her chapter that was a slave and sold I preasume it was a tattoo telling everyone she was a slave similar to the onemorment is given.

None in her's either, but I'm glad I went back through it, makes me realize why she hates the dark so much.

Archived