Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Does Sam continue to have sex with what's her name? Or was the fat pink mast incident the only time they did it?

I think it's strongly implied that they kept at it, but not stated outright:

1) After he gets his moral crisis after sex, they conclude that while he swore in front of the heart tree, there are no trees at see. 2) Later, when thinking about Gilly's future, he notes that he would need to hide her as the Citadel doesn't allow his novices wives or paramours. 3) In the same paragraph, he reminds himself that he has to leave her or desert, because he said the words. And if he stays with her much longer, he will not find the strength to leave her.

Of course, sooner or later her milk will dry up and then he'll lose interest.

I was just asking because I don't think the first instance would be breaking his vows, it was more like rape, he was told he would be thrown off the boat and into the sea if he didn't do it.

If he continues now to have sex with her then I can see that as breaking vows.

If I remember correctly, the throwing-off-the-ship threat was to get him to return to Gilly afterwards, face her and talk about it. You could make the case that he was intoxicated though (they had drunk quite a bit of rum at Aemon's funeral).

If I remember correctly, the throwing-off-the-ship threat was to get him to return to Gilly afterwards, face her and talk about it. You could make the case that he was intoxicated though (they had drunk quite a bit of rum at Aemon's funeral).

I think the implication was far more than forcing him to talk, "comfort her" was used I believe.

In any case he was forced against his will to be the one to do something to her or else he's thrown into the sea.

I think the implication was far more than forcing him to talk, "comfort her" was used I believe.

In any case he was forced against his will to be the one to do something to her or else he's thrown into the sea.

What I mean is that the threat was made after the scene with the pink mastery. (The next day, when he was avoiding her.)

What was really the importance of Sansa telling cercsi about Ned's plan to send them away? cercsi claims it was important at one point, but i dont really see how it mattered. seems to me the whole thing depended on LF getting the gold cloaks for cercsi instead of ned. i dont see how sansa telling cercsi changed anything.

What was really the importance of Sansa telling cercsi about Ned's plan to send them away? cercsi claims it was important at one point, but i dont really see how it mattered. seems to me the whole thing depended on LF getting the gold cloaks for cercsi instead of ned. i dont see how sansa telling cercsi changed anything.

Well it may not have change everything that happened, it did change one very important thing. Sansa and Arya would have sailed north, if Sansa had not told her.

If Bloodraven is an albino, why does he have apparently normal eyesight?

Did the great bastards get de-legitimated again?

We don't know that he didn't have trouble with his eyesight later in life. Lucky for him he has "a thousand eyes and one." Any problems he might have had could have been abated by a maester's potions, magic spells, or the fact that's it's fiction.

No I don't believe they were de-legitimized, I'm not sure the next king could even do that.

We don't know that he didn't have trouble with his eyesight later in life.

But wouldn't an albino always have eye problems? He's stated to be a superb archer.

GRRM portrays disabilities so realistically, it would surprise me if he made a "mistake" here.

No I don't believe they were de-legitimized, I'm not sure the next king could even do that.

I wondered that because he is always referred to as Lord Rivers

But wouldn't an albino always have eye problems? He's stated to be a superb archer.

GRRM portrays disabilities so realistically, it would surprise me if he made a "mistake" here.

I wondered that because he is always referred to as Lord Rivers

I really don't know anything about albinism, but it's possible that it's one of those things that just works differently in the books. Like seasons, genetics, whether or not you can fire an arrow 700 feet up in the air.

For whatever reason none of the great bastards took the Targaryen name that we know of.

This, and also keep in mind the male line of the Blackfyres was ended forty or fifty years ago. Going off the most common "Aegon is a Blackfyre theory", he's not actually a Blackfyre so much as he is the son of Illyrio and a whore with Blackfyre blood. Whose gonna rise up to put him on the throne? It's much easier to pass the kid off as Aegon, with Jon Connington there to vouch for him.

This makes sense. I suppose that its just my personal point of view that they should let the past go to put it very simply. I figured it wasn't a small question so thanks for answering everyone.

What about the Queens tower at the wall? Or was that just renamed? If so what was it called before?

Queensgate only got that name after Queen Alysanne visited, it used to be called Snowgate before. It's at least six centuries old, because that was when its commander went to war with the commander of the Nightfort.

Is it actually against NW vows to have sex?because all I can remember related to that is take no wife and father no children or something similar

Indirectly. To father no children, they should not have sex. The ones that frequent brothels in Mole Town can beget a bastard since there aren't many types of available contraceptives.

Archived