Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Was Prince Duncan the Small out of the line of succession as a result of his marriage to Jenny of Oldstones? And did they have any children that presumably 'went up' with Summerhall

Yes he was disinherited. You can look at "A dragonfly among the Reeds" thread to find further answers to your question.

from ADWD epilogue

"It was easy to imagine old King Aerys perched up there, bleeding from some fresh cut, glowering down."

..why he was bleeding? he was always so terrified of any blades in his presence.

“Have you ever seen the Iron Throne? The barbs along the back, the ribbons of twisted steel, the jagged ends of swords and knives all tangled up and melted? It is not a comfortable seat, ser. Aerys cut himself so often men took to calling him King Scab, and Maegor the Cruel was murdered in that chair. By that chair, to hear some tell it. It is not a seat where a man can rest at ease. Ofttimes I wonder why my brothers wanted it so desperately.”

from ADWD epilogue

"It was easy to imagine old King Aerys perched up there, bleeding from some fresh cut, glowering down."

..why he was bleeding? he was always so terrified of any blades in his presence.

He would cut himself on the blades of the throne. Stannis once tells Davos a story, about how he and Robert thought they had seen the king when they visited KL when they were little, and later learned it had been Tywin, since Aerys had refused to come to court that day since he had cut himself on the throne again.

So, Aerys was such a lubber or he has too thin shirts? It seems that other kings and hands didn't have such a problem.

If I remember correctly, Joffrey cut himself too and was crying for mommy.

ETA: Yep, Black November, it was Joffrey instead of Cercei. ;) Here's the quote from ACOK:

Joffrey lurched to his feet. “I’m king! Kill him! Kill him now! I command it.” He chopped down with his hand, a furious, angry gesture... and screeched in pain when his arm brushed against one of the sharp metal fangs that surrounded him. The bright crimson samite of his sleeve turned a darker shade of red as his blood soaked through it. “Mother!” he wailed.

I'd say that you can't really move that much while sitting on the IT, and from what we've heard about Aerys, he might have been fidgeting a lot, so that's why he cut himself more often that other. And if you think of old Bobby, he probably didn't bother parking his arse on the throne too often, which might have saved him from "the scabs".

I'd say that you can't really move that much while sitting on the IT, and from what we've heard about Aerys, he might have been fidgeting a lot, so that's why he cut himself more often that other. And if you think of old Bobby, he probably didn't bother parking his arse on the throne too often, which might have saved him from "the scabs".

What does scab mean?

What does scab mean?

It's the crust that grows on top of a wound once it starts healing. Don't really now what scab consist of to be honest, never thought of it... probably some dried up blood and new skin that's growing on top of the cut. I guess it could have another meaning as well, and there's some hidden joke in "king scab" that escapes non-native english speakers... :D

Ok, my question is not about the stories, but it's small nonetheless.

When I visit this forum on my smartphone, and I'm on the page of my content, and I click on a thread, because I want to read the newest post, I automatically go to the first page of that thread. Now, this is not a problem for threads with only a few pages, but when I have to wait until 20 pages have loaded, before I can finally read the newest post on that thread, it is very time consuming, especially at those times where I have bad internet connection on my phone.

Anyone out there who knows how to immediately go to the last page of the thread? :)

What does scab mean?

There is another meaning for Scab in English english, it is a person that breaks a Strike and crosses a picket line when everyone else is involved in an industrial dispute. Kind of a traitor. IDK if that meaning exists in american english though, or how it could apply in this instance

There is another meaning for Scab in English english, it is a person that breaks a Strike and crosses a picket line when everyone else is involved in an industrial dispute. Kind of a traitor. IDK if that meaning exists in american english though, or how it could apply in this instance

We use it too. But not so much since the decline of labor.

Ok, my question is not about the stories, but it's small nonetheless.

When I visit this forum on my smartphone, and I'm on the page of my content, and I click on a thread, because I want to read the newest post, I automatically go to the first page of that thread. Now, this is not a problem for threads with only a few pages, but when I have to wait until 20 pages have loaded, before I can finally read the newest post on that thread, it is very time consuming, especially at those times where I have bad internet connection on my phone.

Anyone out there who knows how to immediately go to the last page of the thread? :)

I don't know if its the same for smartphones, but this works on both laptop and tablet for me.

Immediately underneath each thread title there is the name of its author and the time it was started, and then (for any mutlipage thread) several numbers. Those numbers are links to the pages in the thread. Usually its page 1-3 and then the last page, so you just use the last umber as your link instead of the thread title to go straight to the most recent page..

Archived