Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

why did manse raider betray the watch?

I know there's a solid reason but i cant seem to think of it

Mance was a wildling child taken by the Night's Watch and raised as one of them.[3] He was a loyal member of the Night's Watch for most of his life until he suffered an injury while ranging, and was healed by a wildling woman. While he recuperated, she mended his torn cloak with swatches of red fabric.

Upon returning to the Wall, the Night's Watch commanders required him to replace his mended cloak with one of uniform black. This infringement of freedom caused him to abandon the Night's Watch and live with the wildlings in the way he wished

From the wiki. And this is correct from what i remember

Why did Cersei have Ned's entire household slaughtered? I understand it was effective from a storytelling standpoint but really, why have Septa Mordane and the stable boys killed too?

But now the rains weep oer his hall, With no one there to hear.

Why did Cersei have Ned's entire household slaughtered? I understand it was effective from a storytelling standpoint but really, why have Septa Mordane and the stable boys killed too?

Might have been to ensure no story of Joff's true parentage could spread. Cersei might have believed Ned had told someone of his household, or someone might have overheard him. To ensure that the secret would stay in the Red Keep, they all had to die.

Hey all,

I've heard people say, on the internet and IRL, that when Arya is at the HoBaW she has her face removed before she gets another one put on.

I always thought they put another face on OVER her own, that they cut her so the blood acts like glue.

I was just wondering which is right - she has her face removed or that she just has another face put on over the top of hers.

Any opinions? Or a link to where this is discussed would be awesome, please.

Cheers

Hey all,

I've heard people say, on the internet and IRL, that when Arya is at the HoBaW she has her face removed before she gets another one put on.

I always thought they put another face on OVER her own, that they cut her so the blood acts like glue.

I was just wondering which is right - she has her face removed or that she just has another face put on over the top of hers.

Any opinions? Or a link to where this is discussed would be awesome, please.

Cheers

They put a new face over the old one, and then returned to her her old face. :) Check these quotes.

Then came a tug and a soft rustling as the new face was pulled down over the old.

And after she has made the kill:

That night they gave her back the face of Arya Stark.

It's a queer passage in the books, and in the beginning it does look like they would completely cut away her face, but I always thought she still had her own face underneath, mainly because of this sentence:

"Then came a tug and a soft rustling as the new face was pulled down over the old."

They put a new face over the old one, and then returned to her her old face. :) Check these quotes.

And after she has made the kill:

Thank you! that's what I thought, but I was starting to hear it more often and I was starting to second guess myself.

I didn't have access to the quotes and when I googled it I couldn't find anything.

Thanks again :)

When he dies I will find someone else. Perhaps she would recall Littlefinger. The queen could not imagine that Petyr Baelish would be allowed to remain Lord Protector of the Vale for very long, with Lysa Arryn dead. The Vale lords were already stirring, if what Pycelle said was true. Once they take that wretched boy away from him, Lord Petyr will come crawling back.

Why does Cersei think the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands would come crawling back to King's Landing to serve as Master of Coin?

Archived