Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Why does Cersei think the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands would come crawling back to King's Landing to serve as Master of Coin?

I think even Littlefinger would be intimidated by living in a cursed castle in hostile territory. Maybe Cersei's hoping he sticks around King's Landing for a while.

Why does Cersei think the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands would come crawling back to King's Landing to serve as Master of Coin?

Cersei's a nut job who thinks everybody else is an idiot. Oh and if she thinks he can't hold the Vale she probably thinks he can't hold the Trident.

Renly and Stannis both served on the Small Council while being lords, one a Lord Paramount. Jon Arryn and Ned both served as Hand of the King, both lords paramount. Littlefinger coming back to court at KL is not unreasonable to image happening. Even moreso if LF was removed as the Lord Protector of the Vale.

I think I know the answer to this, but why did Jon send Sam and Aemon to Braavos in order for them to get to Oldtown. Why not down the west coast of Westeros? Or down to White Harbor and then on to Oldtown?

Eastwatch by the Sea is....by the sea. Unlike the Shadow Tower, which presumably does not have a port. Jon sent them on Braavos because that was the closest to Oldtown that a ship leaving Eastwatch was going. There is a decent amount of sea trade between Oldtown and Braavos one way or the other. You have a better chance of booking travel to Oldtown from Braavos than from The Wall.

Jon has no control over White Harbor and this no guarantee that they could find a ship willing to take them there. Not to mention that traveling by land at that point had it's own dangers.

Renly and Stannis both served on the Small Council while being lords, one a Lord Paramount. Jon Arryn and Ned both served as Hand of the King, both lords paramount. Littlefinger coming back to court at KL is not unreasonable to image happening. Even moreso if LF was removed as the Lord Protector of the Vale.

I'm aware that many (if not most) members of the Small Council have been Lords, even of great houses. It was the crawling back part that made no sense to me. As far as I know the crown (formerly Gregor, now Polliver) was holding Harrenhal for him. Why wouldn't he just go there?

I'm aware that many (if not most) members of the Small Council have been Lords, even of great houses. It was the crawling back part that made no sense to me. As far as I know the crown (formerly Gregor, now Polliver) was holding Harrenhal for him. Why wouldn't he just go there?

I can't imagine anybody I'd want to hang out with more. Throw in Rorge and Biter and LF would have one helluva good time!

Was Robert a knight? What about Tywin? They're known as either King or Lord in the story, but that would trump the Ser title. Just randomly thinking about it today.

I believe Barristan also referred to him as a knight once.

Oh yeah, Jacelyn was knighted by Robert.

"Robert knighted him at Pyke."

I dunno about Tywin but it would make most sense.

I can't imagine anybody I'd want to hang out with more. Throw in Rorge and Biter and LF would have one helluva good time!

Laugh all you want but I have it on good authority that Rorge was the most reliable X dealer in Westeros. It probably would have been a good time.

Does the Green Fork flow out from the Neck and if so could a poison attack from Greywater Watch be possible?

It does, but considering the Neck is swamp land it would be hard to use it to deliver poison without poisoning everything in the Neck first. However looking at the Lands maps it would be the perfect place to launch an attack on the Twins. :devil:

So was Dontos planning to escape to Essos with Sansa or something?

Dontos wasn't planning oon escaping anywhere with Sansa. He was working for LF from day 1. His plan was always to hand her off and get his money. Then he would go alone to Essos or Summer Islands or somewhere he could drink away the money he earned by betraying a 13 year old girl who had no one.

Wow, I never really put thought into how terrible a person he was after Sansa saved his life! He's pretty disgusting and deserved to die!

Also, was Sansa really disinherited?

Or is that everyone's assumption?

I believe it depends on the King you see as your liege. The Lannisters still want to have a claim to Winterfell through Sansa.

And I believe Robb legitimized Jon, not only so he'd have an heir again, but because Jon is older than Sansa, and is male, and would thus, per Robb's decree, come before her in the line of succesion.

Thanks.

Also, are peasant levies forced or is it volunteering?

I believe they are commanded, but it's up to the lord who commands them to check if indeed every able-bodied man actually showed up.

Archived