Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Thank you Rhaenys.

No problemo ;) !

This is what happened in Dunk & Egg, the Sworn Sword. Ser Eustace ordered Dunk to command all the able-bodied men to show up the next morning to ready themselves for fighting, but very few show up, and not all of them fit the criteria (one is too old, two too young, one is a girl). Since Ser Eustace has three small villages and a few hovels in his possesion, I'm guessing the eight man Dunk finally manages to get, are not the only men who had fit the criteria. The other had simply not wanted to obey the command, and Ser Eustace was too busy with his own stuff to do anything about it.

How much is the information in the app correct? People have been providing information from the app, like for instance the name Rhaegar whispered as he died (Lyanna according to the app), but I haven't been able to find any prove of that in the books, or in SSM's, or anywhere else.

So I was wondering, where does the information from the app come from, and to what extend can it be viewed as correct?

How much is the information in the app correct? People have been providing information from the app, like for instance the name Rhaegar whispered as he died (Lyanna according to the app), but I haven't been able to find any prove of that in the books, or in SSM's, or anywhere else.

So I was wondering, where does the information from the app come from, and to what extend can it be viewed as correct?

It is supposed to be official from George but I don't have it so I can't verify that. Try Here that's from George's site.

I feel like I've missed something hugely obvious but why would Walder Frey kill Edmure after Roslin had a son? They said it was about there being an heir to riverrun but I don't quite get it.. (Why keep him alive at all and not just kill him at the RW or after?)

I feel like I've missed something hugely obvious but why would Walder Frey kill Edmure after Roslin had a son? They said it was about there being an heir to riverrun but I don't quite get it.. (Why keep him alive at all and not just kill him at the RW or after?)

Didn't they just meet? He would need to get her pregnant before being killed?

That's what I don't get why did they want him to get her pregnant when the Frey's take Riverrun anyway?

They had to make sure he had a son, plus, it gives them a more legitimate hold on the Riverlands. At least that's my take on the whole thing.

They had to make sure he had a son, plus, it gives them a more legitimate hold on the Riverlands. At least that's my take on the whole thing.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but how? Surely the only thing it would accomplish is threatening Emmon Frey and Tywin Frey's rule of Riverrun by having a Tully-Frey alive?

"...Protector or no, the man who holds the king holds the kingdom. ..."

Edmure may have been stripped of his estate but he's still perceived by many as Lord of Riverrun an Lord Paramount of the Trident. If he has a son and then Edmure dies the boy becomes lord and Walder can control him and marry him to a Frey. (And y'all thought Wyman wants Rickon just cause he's a good guy...)

Didn't they just meet? He would need to get her pregnant before being killed?

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but how? Surely the only thing it would accomplish is threatening Emmon Frey and Tywin Frey's rule of Riverrun by having a Tully-Frey alive?

Edmure slept with Roslin while the Red Wedding was happening - because he didn't know the Red Wedding was happening. She got pregnant because of that night. She prays it's a girl, but Walder Frey prays it's a boy.

If the child is a boy, he'd have control, not only over the Lord of Riverrun (who is his grandson), but also over the child most people would view as the rightful lord of Riverrun (Edmure's child). A child is much easier to control than a grown man you've beaten in a war, and so it is Walders hope to be able to kill Edmure, once he had a good substitute for him.

Balaurderaa, the fact remains that both of them would have Frey blood in them - and people dispise the Freys. They wouldn't just jump up and fight to get Edmure's little child back in Riverrun - the boy would be half-Frey after all.

Should Edmure have a girl, the law of inheritance would get a bit trickier. It might be that Riverrun would, in the case of Edmure dead with only a living daughter, Sweetrobin would get Riverrun, being the closest living male relative to the Tully's. (remember, Bran and Rickon are thought to be dead. When people discover they live, both of them would come before Sweetrobin, since they are children of Catelyn, the elder sister. Sweetrobins claim would come through Lysa, the younger sister).

This, I think, is the way Walder is thinking.

Edmure slept with Roslin while the Red Wedding was happening - because he didn't know the Red Wedding was happening. She got pregnant because of that night. She prays it's a girl, but Walder Frey prays it's a boy.

If the child is a boy, he'd have control, not only over the Lord of Riverrun (who is his grandson), but also over the child most people would view as the rightful lord of Riverrun (Edmure's child). A child is much easier to control than a grown man you've beaten in a war, and so it is Walders hope to be able to kill Edmure, once he had a good substitute for him.

Balaurderaa, the fact remains that both of them would have Frey blood in them - and people dispise the Freys. They wouldn't just jump up and fight to get Edmure's little child back in Riverrun - the boy would be half-Frey after all.

Should Edmure have a girl, the law of inheritance would get a bit trickier. It might be that Riverrun would, in the case of Edmure dead with only a living daughter, Sweetrobin would get Riverrun, being the closest living male relative to the Tully's. (remember, Bran and Rickon are thought to be dead. When people discover they live, both of them would come before Sweetrobin, since they are children of Catelyn, the elder sister. Sweetrobins claim would come through Lysa, the younger sister).

This, I think, is the way Walder is thinking.

Of course if it was a girl they could marry her to Tywin Frey to cement his claim

How much time has passed between GoT and the end of DwD? (in planetos)

aGoT is in the first few months of 298 AL. The end of aDwD is a bit more than halfway through 300 AL.

It has been concluded by some people that Dany's first few chapters even take place in late 297 AL, though I myself don't agree on this.

If you're having trouble placing the events, I suggest you look here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/84563-most-precise-asoiaf-timeline-in-existence/

Archived