Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

Drawing a blank on what happens to Lewyn Martell.. during RR he's sent to lead the Dornish army... then what? I assume he died, but do we know how?

Thanks for the help!

He was killed on the Trident in single combat with Lyn Corbray i think? I will double check and get back to you

ETA: I was almost right, he was already severely injured, and then he was finally slain by Lyn Corbray

In aGoT Arya III, Illyrio tells Varys this :

"If one Hand can die, why not a second?" replied the man with the accent and the forked yellow beard. "You have danced the dance before, my friend."

We know now that it was not Varys who killed Jon Arryn, so what does Illyrio mean ? Whom is Varys supposed to have killed or get killed ? And by the way, doesn't this foreshadow the epilogue of aDwD ?

In aGoT Arya III, Illyrio tells Varys this :

We know now that it was not Varys who killed Jon Arryn, so what does Illyrio mean ? Whom is Varys supposed to have killed or get killed ? And by the way, doesn't this foreshadow the epilogue of aDwD ?

Whilst Varys was at KL, 7 people have been Hand of the King, if I'm not mistaken. Before Ned, there was ofcourse Jon, and before that, you had Rossart (killed by Jaime), Merryweather (exiled), JonCon (exiled), someone whose name I have forgotten (burned alive), and Tywin (who left).

Varys could have had something to do with the exiles, of the lord who was burned (though I don't think the burning was something that could have been predicted.)

If one Hand can die, why not another - this is about Jon Arryn, but it doesn't necessarily means Varys was connected to Jons death.

You have danced the dance before, my friend - this could be about any of the above mentioned Hands. It could even be that Varys had helped Cersei convince Aerys to accept Jaime as a KG (without Cersei knowing about it, of course, since she never mentions anything about it).

I tried searching for this information but I must be using wrong keywords. I have a friend who for some reason does not want to read the books before he sees the show. How far in the series can he read before he bypasses into new show material?

I tried searching for this information but I must be using wrong keywords. I have a friend who for some reason does not want to read the books before he sees the show. How far in the series can he read before he bypasses into new show material?

The first two books he can read without problem. But the third book isn't simply split at one chapter. He could read the first quarter of aSoS, I guess, but I wouldn't read further than that if I were him. The show doesn't follow the books completely, and in the show, some things happen sooner than in the books, which unfortunately for your friends is the case with aSoS.

The wikia of asoiaf has summaries per chapter. You could look there for all the different storylines.

Does the end of Book 4 match up with the end of Book 5? Do they happen at the same time?

No, book 5 goes on a bit beyond book 5. In some countries, book 5 is devided in two parts, the second part called "After the Feast". The Feast, being aFfC of course.

In book 5, suddenly all the other characters get their POVs as well again, with one or two chapters, maybe three. It happens a bit after the middle of the book.

Where does it say Balerion's teeth are as large as swords in canon?

I see it on the wiki but can't find iti in the books.

According to the wiki, it should be in aGoT, but I couldn't find it. I'll continue the search for you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I did find there had been 19 Targaryens skulls in KL, Tyrion saw them. He mentions the eldest one was 3000 years old.

We know Balerion was the oldest dragon. Was he really 3000 years old, or did Aegon and his sisters bring dragon skulls with them that were even older?

According to the wiki, it should be in aGoT, but I couldn't find it. I'll continue the search for you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I did find there had been 19 Targaryens skulls in KL, Tyrion saw them. He mentions the eldest one was 3000 years old.

We know Balerion was the oldest dragon. Was he really 3000 years old, or did Aegon and his sisters bring dragon skulls with them that were even older?

When the whole Targaryen family moved to Dragonstone before the Doom, maybe they brought the family heirlooms with them; namely, the older dragon skulls from the family.

When the whole Targaryen family moved to Dragonstone before the Doom, maybe they brought the family heirlooms with them; namely, the older dragon skulls from the family.

This is what I was thinking.

I believe Balerion was about 200 years old when it died.

And 3000 years is an odd date for a dragon skull age. I'm not even certain dragons were around in Westeros 3000 years ago.

This is what I was thinking.

I believe Balerion was about 200 years old when it died.

And 3000 years is an odd date for a dragon skull age. I'm not even certain dragons were around in Westeros 3000 years ago.

Dragons once lived all over the planet, including Westeros but we haven't been given specs yet.

Dragons once lived all over the planet, including Westeros but we haven't been given specs yet.

I know. But for some reason, I see 3000 years as an odd date, because that seems most likely an andal date.

There doesn't really seem to be written records of dragons around save for the Targ ones. Unless I am missing something.

So I can easily believe that by the time of the andals, there were no more dragons.

Of course, I am not saying this is certain, but it seems odd to me.

I know. But for some reason, I see 3000 years as an odd date, because that seems most likely an andal date.

There doesn't really seem to be written records of dragons around save for the Targ ones. Unless I am missing something.

So I can easily believe that by the time of the andals, there were no more dragons.

Of course, I am not saying this is certain, but it seems odd to me.

I don't have access to my ebooks right this minute but perhaps they were brought from Valyria when the Targs left after foreseeing the Doom. I do remember someone(Arya or Tyrion) mentioning that one had teeth like daggers, but I'll go through my character breakdowns when I get to work and see if I can find an exact quote.

Archived