Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

How much od Westeros actually seem to believe Daeron was a bastard from Aemon? Fron both modern times and Dunk era

Uncertain, for both times. In modern asoiaf times I'd say no one cares at the moment.

But back in the days of Aegon VI and Daeron II, it will be a bit vague. This wasn't simply a war to put the "rightful" monarch on the throne. A lot of people who supported Daemon stood to gain from it. They could gain wealth/power/lands which they wouldn't get from Daeron. Of course, these people were intermixed with the people who truly believed they should support Daemon because of the sword and his being made legit.

Tyrion kicked Haldon's ass every way he could. He corrected his quotes on various books. He defeated him in a cyvasse game. Does these have a foreshadowing meaning in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0?

By the way, JonCon noticed the incompetency of Haldon. I think JonCon is the only man who can lead fAegon to success. Since Dany will win the Dance, JonCon will be taken out from fAegon's cause somehow.

Tyrion kicked Haldon's ass every way he could. He corrected his quotes on various books. He defeated him in a cyvasse game. Does these have a foreshadowing meaning in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0?

By the way, JonCon noticed the incompetency of Haldon. I think JonCon is the only man who can lead fAegon to success. Since Dany will win the Dance, JonCon will be taken out from fAegon's cause somehow.

Could be, of course. But perhaps it was just to show that Tyrion knows a lot about dragons, which will be useful for Dany.

But it would be incredibly ironic if the Princess and the Queen next week would show us that even Tyrion makes mistakes about such a subject.

That is one of the reasons JonCon has greyscale.

Question, how often do some of you guys reread these books?

I am literally creating a set of notes because I don't want to forget what I know right now lmao.

Like, off tiny random trivia.

i first read books 1-4 in a row, then waited for book 5 to be released. i then read that when it came out, and then a short while later re-read books 1-5, with a lot of note taking occurring then. i am planning the same with book 6. i'll get that the day it is released and read it. then i will start with book 1 and re-read all 6, and that is when i take notes. in the mean time i will finish the d&e stories and stay fresh on the story and ideas with this board and some wiki reads.

How does Uncat know that Oathkeeper was made from Ice. She says that it proves Brienne's betrayal, but there are other Valyrian swords in the 7 kingdoms, and Brienne's shield has a sigil from some extinct house that once held harrenhal which she chose from her father's vault. Harrenhal would have been under the lord Paramountcy of the Tullysso if the house was wiped out surely the sheild would ha ve meant something to her as well

How does Uncat know that Oathkeeper was made from Ice. She says that it proves Brienne's betrayal, but there are other Valyrian swords in the 7 kingdoms, and Brienne's shield has a sigil from some extinct house that once held harrenhal which she chose from her father's vault. Harrenhal would have been under the lord Paramountcy of the Tullysso if the house was wiped out surely the sheild would ha ve meant something to her as well

I don't see where she comes to believe it was made from Ice. Oathkeeper exhibited a golden pommel inthe shape of a lion's head and the rubies for eyes. That's what proved the betrayal in LS's eyes.

By the time LS sees Brienne, the shield has been repainted from the Lothston sigil (black bat) to that of Duncan the Tall (falling star over the tree.)

I think UnCat doesn't know at all about the sword. I think it is about the fact that Brienne had sworn Cat a vow, but seems to be working for the Lannisters now. In UnCat's eyes, that is enough to condemn you.

I think UnCat doesn't know at all about the sword. I think it is about the fact that Brienne had sworn Cat a vow, but seems to be working for the Lannisters now. In UnCat's eyes, that is enough to condemn you.

doesnt she hiss at the sword though? I will need to check when i have the book to hand but I seem to think someone in the cave does actually mention Ice being.Oathkeeper

Archived