Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

How does Uncat know that Oathkeeper was made from Ice. She says that it proves Brienne's betrayal, but there are other Valyrian swords in the 7 kingdoms, and Brienne's shield has a sigil from some extinct house that once held harrenhal which she chose from her father's vault. Harrenhal would have been under the lord Paramountcy of the Tullysso if the house was wiped out surely the sheild would ha ve meant something to her as well

Well for once she was carrying an order from tommen, she did not fulfill her vow, the sword was clearly a lannister one, the steel on this one is unique, it is clear that it was forged from Ice. Also she repainted the shield in Duncan's colours.

Well for once she was carrying an order from tommen, she did not fulfill her vow, the sword was clearly a lannister one, the steel on this one is unique, it is clear that it was forged from Ice. Also she repainted the shield in Duncan's colours.

Could you please explain why it is clear it is forged from Ice? I don't have the books on hand, so I can't search in the tekst if there's any hint anyone knows. Does Brienen repeats the "avenge Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Starks own sword" ?

Could you please explain why it is clear it is forged from Ice? I don't have the books on hand, so I can't search in the tekst if there's any hint anyone knows. Does Brienen repeats the "avenge Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Starks own sword" ?

No, it's not clear at all. It isn't even suggested during the trial.

No, it's not clear at all. It isn't even suggested during the trial.

Ah, good. Then I remembered correctly :) Thanks

Could the dragons at the age they are now easily fly over the Narrow Sea? With a rider? Sorry if this has been discussed.

Well, Drogon was big enough to fly, but I'm not sure how big Rhaegel and Viserion are now. They have been kept in captivity, and as stated in the books, dragons in captivity don't grow as big as the dragons in the wild. This is also the reason the Targaryen dragons became smaller and smaller after the Dragonpit started getting used.

Viserion and Rhaegel have been kept in captivity for a while, and although they are big enough to do enough damage, they might not be big enough to ride yet, as Drogon, who lived in the wild all this time, has grown much more. And he already had been the biggest and most fierce one, I believe.

Rhaegel and Viserion might need another few months to grow as big though.

And even Drogon might have some trouble flying over the Narrow Sea. I don't have my Lands of Ice and Fire maps with me, so I can't compare the distances for you, but if we assume that Drogon brought Dany up into the mid of the Dothraki Sea, it might be a similar distance.

That said, does anyone have any idea how fast a dragon (specifically Drogon) flies? Under normal weather conditions? Perhaps we'll get hints of this in the Princess and the Queen?

how canon is the lands of ice and fire?

Especially the character journeys.

They're endorsed by GRRM, there's a youtube vid of him explaining them on the SSMs I think, if I find the link I'll send it to you. I didn't have time to watch all of it but if you just search youtube there are quite a few of them.

HERE

Here's a small bit:

Before the reading he talked about all the things he has going on. There is a new Wild Card book in the works as well as an "Old Mars" anthology. The latter will contain stories about Mars with the canals and Martians and such. He also talked about the Lands of Ice and Fire book and the perils therein. He was initially told he wouldn't have to do any work on it but when the maps were blown up there was too much open space that needed to be filled. He also had to "head East" and create some terrain as well as cities. He indicated that it goes Far East but not to the Uttermost East. He imagined he would hear complaints about that.

Super random question here:

So in GoT in one of Cat's chapters she muses that she's not too old to give Ned another child. So, if she had gotten pregnant, then died and came back, what do you think would become of the baby? Would it be unbaby? Or just stay dead?

Super random question here:

So in GoT in one of Cat's chapters she muses that she's not too old to give Ned another child. So, if she had gotten pregnant, then died and came back, what do you think would become of the baby? Would it be unbaby? Or just stay dead?

I think the baby would have died when she did. The kiss brought her back, i wouldn't have thought it would breathe life into an unborn child. That would be my guess.

I don't believe he ever was referred to as a kinslayer, I think for kinslaying to actually occur you have to be immediate family because when Victarion kills his wife because Euron had sex with her it isn't regarded as kinslaying but he says he never kills Euron himself because 'Balon would not abide kinslayin', or something to that effect

It's been a while since I went through all the Ned chapters but I came across this comment in Bran's:

Something his father had told him once when he was little came back to him suddenly. He had
asked Lord Eddard if the Kingsguard were truly the finest knights in the Seven Kingdoms. “No
longer,” he answered, “but once they were a marvel, a shining lesson to the world.”

Does Ned ever have any negative comments or thoughts about Selmy or is this just a generalization that as a whole it's not so great anymore?

It's been a while since I went through all the Ned chapters but I came across this comment in Bran's:

Does Ned ever have any negative comments or thoughts about Selmy or is this just a generalization that as a whole it's not so great anymore?

Ned has always regarded Selmy with high regard, as an honorable man. :)

"Ser Barristan is as valiant and honorable as any man in King's Landing." Ned had come to have a deep respect for the aged, whitehaired Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Varys to Ned:

Of these seven, only Ser Barristan Selmy is made of the true steel, and Selmy is old.

Ser Barristan was an old man, and rigid. He would tell Ned to do his duty.

Ser Barristan seemed old beyond his years. "I have failed my sacred trust."

"Even the truest knight cannot protect a king against himself," Ned said. "

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking, but I messed up my Ned chapters and they aren't searchable for some reason.

I had a doubt on only one quote, when Ned was thinking on what each member of small council is going to say about his knowledge of Joffrey's parentage. Even then he named Pycelle as "Cersei's creature" but still thought that Selmy will only tell him to do his duty. :)

Archived