New Theory on Dragons Old and Young

Mithras

• 8 months later...

Good alignment but I think he's talking about Dany vs Aegon:

Old & Young = Targaryen & Blackfyre

True & False = Daenerys, daughter of Aerys & Aegon, son of Rhaegar

Bright & Dark = The Red Dragon & The Black Dragon

This hypothesis works quite well. It is the one I like most of all I've seen so far. It shows Tyrion's thoughts about Dany and Aegon after listening the prophecy and Benerro's shriek. Maybe Moqorro was getting a glimpse of the dance with dragons. Or maybe Moqorro was making a little joke on Tyrions expense because Tyrion had jokingly said «That’s a prophecy even I could make.» when Qavo told him about Benerro.

PS: Qavo Nogarys, the volantine who played cyvasse with Tyrion in Selhorys, referred to Benerro's preach as 'rantings' and to his high voice as 'shriek'. It is the voice of the crows and ravens, particularly Old Bear's raven.

This hypothesis works quite well. It is the one I like most of all I've seen so far. It shows Tyrion's thoughts about Dany and Aegon after listening the prophecy and Benerro's shriek. Maybe Moqorro was getting a glimpse of the dance with dragons. Or maybe Moqorro was making a little joke on Tyrions expense because Tyrion had jokingly said «Thats a prophecy even I could make.» when Qavo told him about Benerro.

PS: Qavo Nogarys, the volantine who played cyvasse with Tyrion in Selhorys, referred to Benerro's preach as 'rantings' and to his high voice as 'shriek'. It is the voice of the crows and ravens, particularly Old Bear's raven.

Now we are two :)

Could this prophecy - the entire prophecy, if not just "bright and dark" - have to do with The Golden Company and the Second Sons? I remind you that The Golden Company was founded by the Blackfyres and is operated (it is assumed) by their descendants, and that the Second Sons was founded by the Brightflames and operated (again it is assumed) by their descendants. (The Blackfyre line is extinct through the male line, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the Brightflame line.)

Could this prophecy - the entire prophecy, if not just "bright and dark" - have to do with The Golden Company and the Second Sons? I remind you that The Golden Company was founded by the Blackfyres and is operated (it is assumed) by their descendants, and that the Second Sons was founded by the Brightflames and operated (again it is assumed) by their descendants. (The Blackfyre line is extinct through the male line, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the Brightflame line.)

The Second Sons is older than Aerion.

The Second Sons is older than Aerion.

I misread the history of Aerion Brightfire. I thought it said that he founded it; he served in it. But could there not be a link between the Second Sons and the Brightfire descendants as The Golden Company is the Blackfyres?

The Second Sons could be the "old" in the prophecy and the Golden Company could be the "young." I could spoil something from a AWoW sample chapter as to hint at who could be the "true" dragon, but I don't know how to do a spoiler tag. :/

I misread the history of Aerion Brightfire. I thought it said that he founded it; he served in it. But could there not be a link between the Second Sons and the Brightfire descendants as The Golden Company is the Blackfyres?

The Second Sons could be the "old" in the prophecy and the Golden Company could be the "young." I could spoil something from a AWoW sample chapter as to hint at who could be the "true" dragon, but I don't know how to do a spoiler tag. :/

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] -- without the spaces in the brackets...

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] -- without the spaces in the brackets...

Thanks!

From Tyrion's Winds of Winter chapter:

The white cyvasse dragon ended up at Tyrion's feet. He scooped it off the carpet and wiped it on his sleeve, but some of the Yunkish blood had collected in the fine grooves of the carving, so the pale wood seemed veined with red. "All hail our beloved queen, Daenerys." Be she alive or be she dead. He tossed the bloody dragon in the air, caught it, grinned. "We have always been the queen's men," announced Brown Ben Plumm. "Rejoining the Yunkai'i was just a plot."

That might make the Second Sons the "true dragon" in relation to the prophecy.

Archived