Robert Kirkman's ‘Outcast’ (Cinemax tv show)

AncalagonTheBlack

The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman is expanding his TV universe to the world of exorcisms.

Following a multiple cable network bidding war, Cinemax has landed Outcast, a drama based on Kirkman's upcoming Image/Skybound comic of the same name, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The cable network has given a script commitment with large penalty to the project.

The comic and potential series centers on Kyle Barnes, who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a spiritual journey to find answers, but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.

Kirkman will pen the script and executive produce alongside David Alpert (The Walking Dead).

For Cinemax, Outcast comes as HBO's sibling network continues to build its original scripted roster. In addition to the second season of Banshee and fourth and final season of its first original primetime series, Strike Back, the cable network also has Steven Soderbergh's Clive Owen original drama The Knick set for 2014. On the development side, Cinemax is prepping drama pilot Quarry.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/robert-kirkmans-exorcism-drama-outcast-638909

• 1 year later...

‘Outcast’ Gets Series Order At Cinemax

via press release:

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 12, 2015 – CINEMAX has picked up the ten-episode drama series OUTCAST, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Created and executive produced by Robert Kirkman (“The Walking Dead”) and Chris Black and produced for CINEMAX by FOX International Channels (FIC), the show will also be executive produced by David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Sharon Tal Yguado of FIC and Sue Naegle.

Robert Kirkman's latest comic-to-TV adaptation, Outcast, has been picked up to series at Cinemax, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The HBO sibling network has handed out a 10-episode order to the series, with a premiere date yet to be determined.

Based on Kirkman's newest Skybound comic, Outcast centers on Kyle Barnes (Patrick Fugit), who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a spiritual journey to find answers, but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.

Philip Glenister co-stars as Reverend Anderson, a West Virginia preacher who believes he is a soldier in God's holy war against the forces of evil on Earth. An inveterate drinker and gambler, he doesn't believe God intends us to sweat the small stuff.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-creators-exorcism-drama-772775

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The comic is slow and given Walking Dead's pace, I decided to stock-pile before giving it a try. Any good? The comic felt a bit like "The exorcist" but with American characters from a small town.

32 minutes ago, red snow said:

The comic is slow and given Walking Dead's pace, I decided to stock-pile before giving it a try. Any good? The comic felt a bit like "The exorcist" but with American characters from a small town.

I've only watched the first two eps, and I'm not familiar with the comic. Also not a fan of TWD. 

That said, I liked the two eps I watched. Patrick Fugit is excellent, and the cast is overall very good. The two eps I watched were a bit slow but not boring. I'm at least curious to see where it goes. 

10 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I am loving this show... Some really creepy stuff...

... and its nice to see Brent Spiner get a decent gig.

Oh now I'm really looking forward to the next few eps! :)

Archived