Robert laughed so hard ...

Mithras

It's a pity he wasn't around for Tywin's death, I think he would have actually burst at that.

Say what you want about Robert but you've got to love his shameless bashing of the Lannisters. :lol:

Things just aren't as fun without him and The Ned around. :bawl:

Oh, how Robert would have loved that story. Of course he would of said the whole "I wonder if Lord Tywin shat gold?" line drunkenly for decades thinking it was just as original and hilarious as the first time.

I don't think Robert would have lasted long enough to laugh at Tywins death, the sight of Jaime's stump would have already killed him! :D

I don't know about that. As much as Robert hates Jaime, I don't think he'd laugh at any warrior losing his sword hand. I think the inability to fight would be the one thing with which Robert could sympathize. He knows how lost he is without a battle to fight...Of course, I have no textual evidence for my belief.

Jaime having his butt kicked by Brienne in a fight? Now, THAT'S something that would make Robert die of laughing.

Ol' Robert was a jolly sort! I bet had he lived long enough he would have been just like Santa Claus! Except he would carry a war hammer instead of a sack. And he would be drunk all the time. And he would hit things. A lot. Ok maybe not like Santa Claus.

You must not be familiar with Jim Butchers version of jolly ole st nick in his Dresden Series!

And contrary to popular belief, even his little brother laughs too:

In return for all we’ve given you, grant me the men to fill out the garrisons. Men-at-arms, cross-bowmen,raw boys. I will even take your wounded and infirm.”

Stannis stared at him incredulously, then gave a bark of laughter. “You are bold enough, Snow, I grant you that, but you’re mad if you think my men will take the black.”

And contrary to popular belief, even his little brother laughs too:

In return for all we’ve given you, grant me the men to fill out the garrisons. Men-at-arms, cross-bowmen,raw boys. I will even take your wounded and infirm.”

Stannis stared at him incredulously, then gave a bark of laughter. “You are bold enough, Snow, I grant you that, but you’re mad if you think my men will take the black.”

Maybe Shireen taught Stannis how to laugh

He whored, he spent the realm into almost bankruptcy, he was bad to his wife and aloof with his children. But in many ways he was the best King Westeros ever had!

I find it almost impossible to believe he could have bankrupted the realm without LF's embezzling. He doesn't actually seem too bad a king, really. Sure, he didn't rule the realm very well, but he at least left it to people who could.

They broke their fast on black bread and boiled goose eggs and fish fried up with onions and bacon, at a trestle table by the river’s edge. The king’s melancholy melted away with the morning mist, and before long Robert was eating an orange and waxing fond about a morning at the Eyrie when they had been boys. “…had given Jon a barrel of oranges, remember? Only the things had gone rotten, so I flung mine across the table and hit Dacks right in the nose. You remember, Redfort’s pock-faced squire? He tossed one back at me, and before Jon could so much as fart, there were oranges flying across the High Hall in every direction.” He laughed uproariously, and even Ned smiled, remembering.

Archived