R+L=J v 65

Stubby

The only reason I want Jon to survive is so that we can finally find out his true parentage.

Well, finding out who his parents were has nothing to do with him staying alive :P

Aegon himself was seen as an enigma. He was a solitary person whose only friend was Orys. He was a great warrior who wielded a sword called Blackfyre but only rode his dragon for battle or travel and never entered tourneys, He remained faithful to his sisters and left governance in their hands and only took command when necessary . While he was harsh with those who defied him, he was generous to those that bent the knee.

Is it just me, or does the first part sound a lot like Rhaegar?

I'd say all of it sounds like Jon, except for the dragon riding part. The Wildlings definitely experienced Jon as a fierce opponent who nevertheless compromised. Jon doesn't care about tourneys and takes command when necessary but doesn't revel in power.

Thanks for catching on my secret point :-) He did take after his father :-)

On Bran:

I just see Bran as a visionary, a powerful Maege.

I think there is a reason the Author physically crippled him and believe it will be his metaphysical efforts that brings Jon into realization.

Jon will be the physical warrior as I think he was initially to have been his brother Aegons General, helping to solidify Aegons rule had Aegon lived.

And with the fusion of the two magical bloodlines, I think you get a powerfully different "beast," or what is the Authors purpose in that fusion if not such power?

On Bran:

I just see Bran as a visionary, a powerful Maege.

I think there is a reason the Author physically crippled him and believe it will be his metaphysical efforts that brings Jon into realization.

Jon will be the physical warrior as I think he was initially to have been his brother Aegons General, helping to solidify Aegons rule had Aegon lived.

And with the fusion of the two magical bloodlines, I think you get a powerfully different "beast," or what is the Authors purpose in that fusion if not such power?

And this also relates to my previous post about the stone beast breathing shadow fire and Jojen's vision of a winged wolf being chained to the floor by stone chain.

I doubt it. I believe that Jon was meant to be king of all Westeros and unite all of Westeros in the fight against the Others. Remember that Rhaegar intended Jon to be the third head of the dragon, but it didn't work out as Gregor Clegane killed Rhaenys and Baby Aegon and their mother on Tywin Lannister's orders. So as a result, Jon Snow shall become the Three-headed Dragon. The three heads are as follows:

Dragon

Direwolf

Man

Now how do it relates to the Stone beast breathing shadow fire vision at the HOTU?

Now it's where my interpretation comes in. Stone is DORMANCY. And the shadow fire is a hidden Targaryen identity.

Now I refer to my interpretation of Jojen's Winged Wolf vision. Wolf+Dragon = Winged Wolf.

The chains are the Night Watch's Oaths and the stone is the WALL.

Now do you get the image. The stone beast breathing shadow fire is a wolf with dragon wings. And the chains on him are oaths, and he is taking flight from the tower because he was freed from his oath and free to lead the fight against the Others in a Kingly capacity.

:agree:

I don't. Those vision follow some logic. They are presented in trios, with a common link. That trio was about the Baratheon kings, probably Robert, Stannis and Joffrey. Actually, I don't think it important who's who, I think it means there's been a hiatus in the Targ rule, while Aegon comes back to restore it.

But my point was to come back to the Aurane Waters story. Of course, he can't be Aegon, he's about seven years older.

He comes out of the sleeve in Feast, but not alone. GRRM doesn't normally tell facts isolated, but in some context, so that you can catch his meaning. At the least, there's a paralell.

We're let know that Cersei's first worry at ten was marrying Rhaegar, and then, she dreamed of him when Robert was on her. That's the same woman who saw Rhaegar the first time her eyes came upon Aurane.

Brienne also saw Renly's ghost when she met Gendry, but she reckoned Gendry was younger and he could be some Robert's bastard. Btw, iirc Renly was some seven years Gendry's elder.

To complete the puzzle, an old ghost comes to the fore: it's revealed that Arianne Martell was the princess that was promised... to prince Viserys.

So, we're sent back to Game. Viserys looked Targ, but in some way. And then, Daenerys musings: "the man who had been her brother" in fact was no dragon.

I don't have an opinion, actually, but all that seems to point directly to another baby swap. I find it a bit too stretched myself, but the hints are in the books. Well, Aurane is of an age with Viserys and looks like Rhaegar more that Viserys did, but not neccesarily he has to be the true Viserys. He could be some Aerys' bastard, or the offspring of some Rhaegar's youth folly. He was dutifull, but he had also been a boy, everybody makes sometimes the wrong thing while being a boy. Or Aurane was simply someone who looked like Rhaegar.

I don't really know, but I guess GRRM wrote those hints with some purpose. :dunno:

Aegon himself was seen as an enigma. He was a solitary person whose only friend was Orys. He was a great warrior who wielded a sword called Blackfyre but only rode his dragon for battle or travel and never entered tourneys, He remained faithful to his sisters and left governance in their hands and only took command when necessary . While he was harsh with those who defied him, he was generous to those that bent the knee.

Is it just me, or does the first part sound a lot like Rhaegar?

I thought the same thing. Aegon's description does sound a bit like Rhaegar, who is basically described enigmatically. He was a solitary person who took no part in the play of other children. Also, both remained faithful to their two wives. My guess is that both Aegon and Rhaegar inherited the Targaryen gift for prophecy, and shared an interest in the PtwP prophecy.

In the TV series after all episodes there is no talking of Jon's parents. Maybe twice. When Jon leaves for the Wall and Eddard for Kings Landing and than on the kingsroad where King asks Eddard how is called his bastard mother...

Nothing else, not an old dream, not his thoughts, not when he says Varys to send a letter.. Nothing.. The producers want the discovery of Jon's parents to be a shock for everyone who didn't read the books

Archived