Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

But season 3 was probably the season where a Tully cover made most sense. Edmure and Brynden were introduced. Catelyn died. Lysa wasn't featured in this season, but she'll die in the next. Who knows when Edmure and the Blackfish will be seen again? I would have loved a Tully cover and i feel season 3 was their only chance.

Made the most sense for a book reader maybe, not necessarily for a show fan. The Tullys still weren't that much of a presence in Season 3. And let's face it - more people will want their Game of Thrones cover to look medieval or fantastical; not like a fishing DVD.

Hopefully for you guys there will be an extra design. Like I said, there were 4 or 5 different House covers for Season 2 on my side of the ditch. If I find anything out about them for Season 3, I'll be sure to let you know here so you can order online or something.

Season 4 covers I'm hoping to see:

Night's Watch/Jon Snow

Baratheon (Stannis)

Martell

This one looks very nice and it has the Tully trout! :D

Also I see your point. The Tully cover is only for a limited group of fans, book readers who love house Tully... But since I'm one of them I'm still hoping for a Tully cover.

Made the most sense for a book reader maybe, not necessarily for a show fan. The Tullys still weren't that much of a presence in Season 3. And let's face it - more people will want their Game of Thrones cover to look medieval or fantastical; not like a fishing DVD.

Hopefully for you guys there will be an extra design. Like I said, there were 4 or 5 different House covers for Season 2 on my side of the ditch. If I find anything out about them for Season 3, I'll be sure to let you know here so you can order online or something.

Season 4 covers I'm hoping to see:

Night's Watch/Jon Snow

Baratheon (Stannis)

Martell

The Fiery Heart of Stannis was pretty awesome, I hope they use it for Season 4.

Yeah, unfortunately House Tully had a very minor role in the actual show. I don't see the Fiery Heart of Stannis having much prevalence until season 5 either. I really like that seven sigil exclusive cover for season 3 though. It really does cover all the major houses from season 3.

And I'm all for House Martell for either season 4 or 5. :D

Oh I can definitely see Stannis' cover next season. After all episode 4 will be centered around the Battle at the Wall. House Martell cover also seems like a good possibility next season. Maybe even Arryn. Sadly I don't see another chance for House Tully.

I really hope casual fans love Oberyn so much they vote for a Martell sigil case for the season 4 one.

Well I really hope the portrayel of Oberyn is going to be amazing.

But hoping for a sunspear/Martell sigil case for season 4 might be a bit too soon since he's going to be the only Martell in season 4.

Nevertheless I would really like it starting from season 5 when the rest of the Martells are going to feature.

One limited edition cover I've found for Season 3, with 7 sigils:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/rkt/MEDIUM//44/78/4478394.jpg

You have to admire the brilliance of this cover:

- on the left we have our protagonists that we are "supposed to route for", Starks and Targs + their ally, the Tully family

- on the right we have their enemies, Baratheon, Lannister and the Lord of Light

- and in the middle we have the "belonging-to-whichever-camp-is-at-large-now" Tyrell's :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of any news yet about the differences as far as disc content included from different retailers?

This is separate from solely the cover design. Last year detail were released Jan 22 and the disc was released Feb 19.

Last year, here were the exclusive offers for various retailers:

Barnes & Noble - Stark tote bag

Best Buy - sigil packaging for houses Greyjoy and Lannister

Costco - 72 pg companion book excerpt from Cogman's inside GOT

Target - bonus disc "Westeros at War" (GRRM interview)

Walmart - bonus disc "Inside the visual effects"

I can see them putting out some limited editions with minor house sigils/imagery for the book readers, otherwise the direwolf, lion, and dragon sigils will always take center stage. Those are iconic and show watchers will immediately recognize them. A giant fish? No.

No word on the new histories and lore videos?

• The Roots of Westeros - Explore the interconnected web of relationships, rivalries and conflicts between the noble houses of Westeros with this interactive guide.

Histories & Lore - Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.

I think it is only on the Blu-ray version though, not the DVD too?

Archived