Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

I wonder what the main menu theme will be for this one.

Season 1 was "The King's Arrival" and season 2 was "Mother of Dragons".

"A Lannister Always Pays His Debts" might fit the main menu well enough. I can't really think of anything else that would fit it.

Also it would probably fit the whole theme of season 3 anyways.

Some more covers I've found:

4 Sigils:

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2227831/Game_Of_Thrones_S3_EXCLUSIVE_ARTWORK

Character Faces:

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/dvds-blu-ray/action-adventure/adventure/bpnBIGW_AID124054/game-of-thrones-season-3-bigw-exclusive-artwork-blu-ray

Westeros (box set)

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/dvds-blu-ray/action-adventure/adventure/bpnBIGW_AID127158/game-of-thrones-seasons-1-3-blu-ray

Really don't like the shitty Photoshop job on the character faces. The 4 sigil cover is alright, but not something I'm really after. Love the Westeros map on the box set though.

Some more covers I've found:

4 Sigils:

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2227831/Game_Of_Thrones_S3_EXCLUSIVE_ARTWORK

Character Faces:

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/dvds-blu-ray/action-adventure/adventure/bpnBIGW_AID124054/game-of-thrones-season-3-bigw-exclusive-artwork-blu-ray

Westeros (box set)

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/dvds-blu-ray/action-adventure/adventure/bpnBIGW_AID127158/game-of-thrones-seasons-1-3-blu-ray

Really don't like the shitty Photoshop job on the character faces. The 4 sigil cover is alright, but not something I'm really after. Love the Westeros map on the box set though.

Oh good, some unique ones have come out in Australia. Surprising to see this season is only rated MA whereas seasons 1 and 2 have been R. The character faces looks shit, as expected. The map one is a bit better. I'll probably go for the four sigils if I can't get one of the unique three Houses covers that were revealed a while ago. Not the generic Stark/Lannister (which I already have for season 2)/Targaryen, but the other ones I can't entirely remember, but I know Tully was there.

First review of te Blu-Ray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Game-of-Thrones-The-Complete-Third-Season-Blu-ray/69994/#Review

Histories & Lore (Disc 5, HD): The third season's animated "Histories & Lore" videos -- specifically those pertaining to Westeros' history and mythology -- cover everything from the Battle of Qohor to the Vale. Segments include:
  • Old Ghis & Slaver's Bay (Jorah Mormont )
  • House Reed (Meera Reed)
  • House Bolton (Roose Bolton)
  • House Frey (Catelyn Stark)
  • House Tully (The Blackfish)
  • The Lord of Light (Thoros of Myr)
  • Wargs and the Sight (Bran Stark)
  • The Red Keep (King Joffrey)
  • Robert's Rebellion (Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys)
  • The North (Jon Snow)
  • The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)
  • The Riverlands (The Blackfish)
  • The Stormlands (Brienne of Tarth)
  • The Westerlands (Tywin Lannister)
  • The Vale (Petyr Baelish)

Yes. Yes! YES! YES! :drool: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

"Deleted and Extended Scenes (Disc 5, HD, … minutes): Five scenes are available: "Jon Meets Mance," "Edmure, Robb and The Blackfish," "Tywin and Pycelle," "Small Council Discusses Wildling Threat" and "Jon Thinks About Escaping." Each one is well worth watching and could have easily been retained had time allowed. "Tywin and Pycelle" is particularly good..."

Hmm, I wonder why the Small council discussing the Wildlings was cut? Maybe it will be apparent upon viewing, but that seems like something that would have been very nice. Very curious about the extended Jon meets Mance scene as well

Histories and Lore is going to be awesome again. Blackfish, Meera, Roose, Joffrey, Brienne and many others have their first H&L videos here if I'm not mistaken. Varys and LF on the Rebellion he he. I'd really like one from Sansa and Arya. Maybe next year (Eyrie and Braavos).

And yes, more Mance scenes please!

Histories and Lore is going to be awesome again. Blackfish, Meera, Roose, Joffrey, Brienne and many others have their first H&L videos here if I'm not mistaken. Varys and LF on the Rebellion he he. I'd really like one from Sansa and Arya. Maybe next year (Eyrie and Braavos).

I'm looking forward to the Histories and Lore as well. I just got my first HD television at the end of last year, so I never got to see the H&L segments that were on the last season release.

I'm looking forward to the Histories and Lore as well. I just got my first HD television at the end of last year, so I never got to see the H&L segments that were on the last season release.

You can watch them on YouTube.

Robert's Rebellion from Varys and Littlefinger's POV...interesting.

"Small Council Discusses Wildling Threat", I wonder why they cut it, some unsullied were wondering why Stannis was the only one to recieve the letter from the Night's Watch

And of course, House Bolton's hystory, by Roose :eek:

First review of te Blu-Ray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Game-of-Thrones-The-Complete-Third-Season-Blu-ray/69994/#Review

Yes. Yes! YES! YES! :drool: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

From that too:

Roots of Westeros (Disc 5, HD): This sister-guide delves into the interweaving relationships, alliances, rivalries and feuds that stand between the various Houses of Westeros, again via "Histories & Lore" animated segments narrated by the series' main characters.

"Deleted and Extended Scenes (Disc 5, HD, … minutes): Five scenes are available: "Jon Meets Mance," "Edmure, Robb and The Blackfish," "Tywin and Pycelle," "Small Council Discusses Wildling Threat" and "Jon Thinks About Escaping." Each one is well worth watching and could have easily been retained had time allowed. "Tywin and Pycelle" is particularly good..."

Hmm, I wonder why the Small council discussing the Wildlings was cut? Maybe it will be apparent upon viewing, but that seems like something that would have been very nice. Very curious about the extended Jon meets Mance scene as well

They have an extended version of Jon meeting Mance? Interesting... The original version was very undercooked IMO, I wonder if it turns out to be because of cuts that shouldn't have been made...

Having said that, I haven't seen a deleted scene so far that I thought should have/needed to be in the show.

They have an extended version of Jon meeting Mance? Interesting... The original version was very undercooked IMO, I wonder if it turns out to be because of cuts that shouldn't have been made...

Having said that, I haven't seen a deleted scene so far that I thought should have/needed to be in the show.

Apparently some scenes were shot with Ciarán Hinds there were held till this season, but those would not be considered 'deleted' scenes. Also stuff was shot with Kate Dickie were supposed to be used season 3, but were held back.

Interestingly I think both Hinds and Dickie also filmed scenes for season 4.

Does anyone wish HBO would add some more in-depht making of bonus material? Ala LOTR and The Hobbit.

I'd like to see how each episode is made, not just one featurette focusing one big scene in one specific episode.

Yeah I do.

I think besides having more money Peter Jackson takes an interest in special editions.

Jez! LTOR special editions sometimes had 4! commentary tracks each disk. I think the collector's edition had and extra disk with bunch of 'making of' material on it. It was really deluxe.

HBO just seems to kind of skimp on material like that , I don't think D&D have much of a hand in the special editions.

I think this is true, but each season has a disk with no commentary track on it.

This year I believe it's disk one.

I find this irritating , someone must be available to talk!

ROME had a cometary track on each disk, or each episode , so also did Deadwood, those are the only HBO series DVD's I have besides GOT.

I don't believe I have seen a blooper reel for GOT , ever, have I?

The LotR Extended Editions are amazing, it's really hard to compare anything to them (considering the scale of production and PJ's direct involvement). I couldn't see a show reaching that sort of potential in bonus material, but I think GoT has done a pretty decent job so far (the Histories & Lore are brilliant).

The LotR Extended Editions are amazing, it's really hard to compare anything to them (considering the scale of production and PJ's direct involvement). I couldn't see a show reaching that sort of potential in bonus material, but I think GoT has done a pretty decent job so far (the Histories & Lore are brilliant).

Completely agree. I unashamedly bought the 15 disk LotR Extended Edition Blu-Ray collection even though I already owned the three theatrical versions. The amount of behind-the-scenes material is absolutely astounding. I like what GoT has done so far (the Histories and Lore being an excellent idea), but I wish we got more stuff like the making of weapons, armour, props and sets, filming on different locations, and the art/sketches/plans for everything. I really like this kind of stuff, and it always makes me appreciate the attention to detail that is put in.

Archived