Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

I really hope casual fans love Oberyn so much they vote for a Martell sigil case for the season 4 one.

In a perfect world there'd also be a Bolton flayed man sigil case. Considering barely any viewers know who the Boltons are though it's probably very unlikely.

The Tyrell and Stannis cover was really good, if only they change House Tully for Martell, that will be the perfect covers for season 4. By the end of next season everyone will love Tyrells for killing Joffrey, Stannis for being "the king who still cared" and Oberyn for his awesomeness XD

I just hope casual viewers for once, stop voting for Khaleesi, Starks and Lannisters, at least for 1 year

Not seeing this mentioned, but someone has the commentary tracks listed here:

Episode 21: No commentaries

Episode 22: Natalie Dormer, Jack Gleeson, Vanessa Taylor, Daniel Minahan

Episode 23: David Benioff & DB Weiss; Gemma Jackson & Michele Clapton

Episode 24: Lena Headey, Diana Rigg, Alex Graves

Episode 25: Bryan Cogman, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Gwendoline Christie

Episode 26: Isaac Hempstead Wright, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner; Kit Harington, Rose Leslie, Alik Sakharov

Episode 27: George R. R. Martin & Michelle MacLaren

Episode 28: John Bradley, Hannah Murray, Michelle MacLaren

Episode 29: Richard Madden, Michelle Fairley, David Nutter; Tommy Dunne, Paul Herbert, Dave Forman, C.C. Smiff

Episode 30: Emilia Clarke, Iain Glen, Iwan Rheon

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/11/season-3-commentary-tracks-revealed/

Not seeing this mentioned, but someone has the commentary tracks listed here:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/11/season-3-commentary-tracks-revealed/

Honestly, all of those sound brilliant. Really excited that Jack Gleeson opted to do a commentary, and am equally excited about the commentary for episodes five, and hearing Michelle Fairely as she watches the episode for the first time.

Just noticing that, Jack Gleeson is amazing. Also John Bradley and Hannah Murray this time.

It will be interesting to know what parts GRRM did and didn't write for his episode (apart from the bearpit scene) but I hope he mentions the "I dreamed of you line" (that many of us wanted to hear so much). I'd almost forgive them if they'd use it again before she leaves. Ask him, Brienne, there's still time. You were well away. Why did you come back?

But best part of all will be NCW and Gwendoline Christie commenting, that's the one I'm going to dive for to listen to first.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as covers go, it's only Season 3 - so that means the three main houses! I have Stark for Season 1, Lannister for 2 and now hopefully Targaryen for 3. Would love the Martell sigil - or something to do with Jon/NW - for Season 4's cover.

Also, the commentary listings look great! Can't wait to listen to them.

Man, I hope the sigil covers for seasons going forward will be of different houses than Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen. Once I round those out I hope to have options to complete my collection, rather than having those three stand out against the next five when all is said and done.

It made so much sense for this season to have Tully and Tyrell packaging, but instead they stuck with the old ones. You have to wonder how decisions like that get made. The world is run by people who are no smarter than the rest of us.

It made so much sense for this season to have Tully and Tyrell packaging, but instead they stuck with the old ones. You have to wonder how decisions like that get made. The world is run by people who are no smarter than the rest of us.

Why does it make sense for Tully and Tyrell packaging over the main three?

Targaryen - Dany's season. Conquers Astapor and Yunkai.

Stark - Arguably the most significant part of ASoS/Season 3 is the annihilation of the Northern Army and death of Robb.

Lannister - The Lannisters again finish on top - with a big season for Jaime.

Not to mention they're the most recognisable sigils - and in marketing, that's what you want.

Anyway, I don't know what it's like overseas, but here in Australia we had the Baratheon Stag and Greyjoy Kraken covers alongside the main three for Season 2 release. I'm sure there'll be at least one "extra" for Season 3 - you may just have to order from another country.

Makes sense to me. This way people can have all three "main" covers for seasons 1,2, and 3. Going into fourth season, I think it's likely HBO will shake things up a bit. Maybe Tyrells and Stannis show up again? They'll be pretty important players next year.

Archived