Female Fans

Freesword

I WILL SHIP WHAT I PLEASE, THANK YOU.

ETA: SAID IN ANGRY VOICE. ALL CAPS. NO SENTENCE CASE LETTERS TO BE FOUND.

OF COURSE YOU CAN! BUT THE CRACKIER THE SHIP THE MORE LIKELY IT IS TO SINK!

Now, if you have an armada (like I do) you can afford crackships.

I don't want to turn this into a "thing," but the question presented in itself is condescending. I know it's not meant to be, but asking the question in the first place presupposes that there would be some inherent reason for women- as a whole- to enjoy this series as opposed to men, and that there is some "female perspective" that can illuminate this phenomenon.

Further to this, the OP is aware of the fact that there are a lot of women on here, yet instead of reading our posts in any number of threads, wants "our perspective" to be articulated into something more defined as per this thread. Which, I'm sure you can appreciate, women are no more unified into such a singular perspective as men on any number things.

My intent was not to ask why a woman would enjoy the series, but more to what a specific woman enjoys about aspects/characters in the series due to their own life experiences. Such as motherhood. I read somewhere that the series was more popular with women than other novels in the fantasy genre.

My intent was not to ask why a woman would enjoy the series, but more to what a specific woman enjoys about aspects/characters in the series due to their own life experiences. Such as motherhood. I read somewhere that the series was more popular with women than other novels in the fantasy genre.

Then you should ask those specific women, no?

Or open up a "Hey guys, why do you enjoy the series" thread.

If people are allowed to ship Petyr/Sansa, which is tantamount to endorsing hebephilia in many people's book, then I reserve the right to ship a couple that would involve time travel and the use of worldwide travel.

Cersei/Grey Wolf 4Eva.

I like that half of the gods are female, not counting the Stranger. I like that about half of the POV characters are women. Is that the sort of thing you wanted to hear?

To defend the OP a bit, just the other day a male fan admitted to being more critical of female characters than male ones, simply because he's male. While I find that to be an individual trait, not an overwhelmingly male trait, maybe OP was interested in finding out if any women think that way, individually, not as a hive mind. Like, are women more likely to forgive the female character's flaws and condemn the males?

I don't think that is the case, but I can see the curiosity to find out. I also don't think most men think like the original poster I mentioned.

I do think things like being a parent (not just mother) can change a posters view. As can a posters relationship with their mother, their past experiences in romantic relationships or with past abuses can color their views.

To defend the OP a bit, just the other day a male fan admitted to being more critical of female characters than male ones, simply because he's male. While I find that to be an individual trait, not an overwhelmingly male trait, maybe OP was interested in finding out if any women think that way, individually, not as a hive mind. Like, are women more likely to forgive the female character's flaws and condemn the males?

If that's what they were asking, why not, you know, ask that?

Archived