Controversial moments you're not ashamed to like

aceluby

1. Pretty much everything with Roose Bolton(My guilty pleasure :leer:).

2. Danys situation in Meeren. I'm so tired of Dany that I've started enjoying everything bad that happens to her. It might not be that controversial but it's a bad situation for all the people involved to be in.

3. Cersei sending the woman who came from Stokeworth(?) to Qyburn. [i think I should be a little ashamed of liking this one but Cerseis pov makes everything fun]

The FPM. Never understood what everybody found so disgusting about that scene. :blushing:

Sansa not bowing for Tyrion.

I am pretty sure this is a general one! At least it should be. ;)

Daggers in the dark.

Jon was about to forsake his vows and abandon his post. He never let the Watch know how he intended to feed the wildling horde he'd let through the Wall. He had it coming and deserved to taste steel.

... cannot tell if serious ...

I got another one...

Tyrion drunk as shit in his first two chapters of ADWD are now some of my favorite too. Yes, he does all he can to scare the sex slave, but if you read it as someone's drunk interal monologue those chapters are quite honestly some of the best writing in the series.

Him throwing up on the nice carpet a few chapters later was also HILARIOUS.

Sandor and Sansa's scene at the end of Battle of Blackwater is probably my favorite scene in the entire series. It's just so well written. Clearly a masterpiece.

One of my favorites in THE BOOKS. Also, the clash between Sansa and Sandor in the Chapter of the Serpentine in ACOK.

I got another one...

Tyrion drunk as shit in his first two chapters of ADWD are now some of my favorite too. Yes, he does all he can to scare the sex slave, but if you read it as someone's drunk interal monologue those chapters are quite honestly some of the best writing in the series.

Him throwing up on the nice carpet a few chapters later was also HILARIOUS.

Agreed on the Tyrion chapters. Coincidently I just read his first two aDwD chapters last night, and it's so hilarious just how completely out of it he is. Like he drinks all day, sleeps, wakes up, drinks more, etc.

I personally love every scene with Roose and Ramsay... Yes, even his wedding night with Jeyne. I find Ramsay darkly hilarious, just in the way that he is so completely, ridiculously evil, unlike most other characters in the series. Roose is also just the greatest 'villian' in fantasy ever, in my opinion. Everything he says is brilliant.

Even though it isn't really controversial, I love the sex scene between Cersei and Taena. It's so graphic yet entertaining, and is quite significant for Cersei's character development. I know most people say GRRM is pretty rubbish at writing sex scenes, but I thought this one was great.

1 - Red Wedding because of Cat's death

2 - Jaime thinking that Joffrey was no more to him "than a squirt of seed in Cersei's cunt" and that "Joffrey deserved to die" (paraphrasing)

3 - "I'll send him over to you, with a trebuchet"

4 - Jaime's de-handing

5 - Arya using her brains to kill the insurer

Cersei's Walk is among my favorite chapters in the series. Yes, theres some schadenfraude involved, but its also very awesomely written and haunting.

Sansa not kneeling to Tyrion is a great moment.

Anything involving Roose.

Dany finally displaying Balls Of Steel by kicking Jorah to the curb. :bowdown:

Arya killing Dareon.

"Reek bent to his task." This moment right here. Its so fucking terrible, but its one hell of a Wham Line for me. It shows how utterly broken Theon is and its just a wonderfully chilling bit of writing.

I also second Myrcella getting owned. I dont know why i actually felt a sense of victory there.

Archived