Unpopular opinion

Das_Boof

There isn't really any of the main characters I despise. That's an unpopular opinion I guess.

I also believe in Jojen paste. There are a lot of subtle hints all throughout Bran's ADWD chapters - but especially in the last one, they aren't even subtle any more. That's why I'm quite baffled, that this theory seems to be in the same league as Jaqen = Syrio or Tyrion = secret Targ for most users on this board.

My opinion of Dany is unpopular. Mostly because i went from liking her to not liking her and now to absolute ambivalence of her. Im excited to see what happens with her, but i dont have much love or hate for her. The inner fandom tends to be either love Dany or hate.

Im also exceedingly ambivalent to Stannis.

I think Theon should die. Soon. (not out of malice for the character either.)

Cersei's Walk of Shame was probably one of the most interesting and coolest things for her character. Not that i condone the actions of the High Septon (no way), but the fact this event is going to take Cersei in a different direction and its fucking awesome to see what kind of outcome it will have. Really great writing here.

Im glad Shae is dead. Seriously, she was one of the biggest headaches in the series for me.

The only Baratheon im really cool with sitting the Iron Throne is Shireen. :devil:

Im utterly ambivalent to Ygritte. I see why Jon loved her but im not a huge fan of hers. (nor do i dislike her)

I love, love, LOVE the Harpy subplot.

The original thread shut down not long after I posted my comments, so I've just moved them over to this one:

- Brienne is my favorite character, and I loved all of her chapters. I don't know that I want her and Jaime to become a couple, though worse things could happen. I do think their scenes and chapters together, and when they think about each other, are some of the best parts of the book. Many people believe one of both of them is destined to die soon, that their "arcs are just about done", but I can see them getting all the way to the end of the series.

- I really dislike Stannis, and I hope for all the people of Westeros that he never attains his obsession, the Iron Throne. He would make a harsh dictator.

- I don't believe Stannis has a right to the Iron Throne as long as there is a living Targaryen. These people founded the country and had always ruled it until Robert took it from them. The right to the throne will always be theirs unless they willingly give it up.

- I like both Dany and Tyrion and always enjoy their chapters. Even the ADWD chapters.

- I like Penny

- I love Varys, he fascinates the hell out of me. I think he will also make it all the way to the end of the series, quite possibly still in quiet control of everything.

- I think there is way too much creedence given to all the prophecies floating around out there. Some of them will, and have, come true, yes, but it's foolish to use them as a rigid roadmap to determine who will do what to whom. Every time I see the word 'valonquar', I just roll my eyes and move on to the next post.

Robb is Planetos' Worst Brother of All Time. If it weren't for their plot armour, his actions would have gotten all of his siblings killed. And not just by default, he knew that leaving Sansa and Arya is KL to rot (instead exchanging them for Jaime) could result in them not merely abused but also killed.

And even though they are all still alive, all of them had to disappear, leaving House Stark officially extinct. And that is really Robb's fault. Not to mention his gall of forcing other people to marry someone for his political gain, while marrying Jeyne Westerling. When he talked about the lost opportunity of marrying 13 year old Sansa off to gain allies, I threw up in my mouth.

Robb is Planetos' Worst Brother of All Time. If it weren't for their plot armour, his actions would have gotten all of his siblings killed. And not just by default, he knew that leaving Sansa and Arya is KL to rot (instead exchanging them for Jaime) could result in them not merely abused but also killed.

And even though they are all still alive, all of them had to disappear, leaving House Stark officially extinct. And that is really Robb's fault. Not to mention his gall of forcing other people to marry someone for his political gain, while marrying Jeyne Westerling. When he talked about the lost opportunity of marrying 13 year old Sansa off to gain allies, I threw up in my mouth.

So what was Robb supposed to do? He's not a superhuman and can't protect all his siblings at all times. I agree that they should have exchanged Jaime for Sansa and Arya right at the beginning and I think Robb wanted to but that would have meant seriously alienating most of his bannerman.

Archived