Unpopular opinion

Das_Boof

One thing that I posted on the other thread is this: I don't think Varys and Littlefinger are very good characters. A lot of the time they just seem like cartoon bad guys and it's completely unrealistic that they haven't been executed a long time ago. And the idea that Varys knows literally everything because he's got children living in the walls of every house in Kings Landing is just stupid. And there's no way that Littlfinger could go around being such a blatant two-face creep without being killed or arrested.

Who said Varys knows everything? Isn't it assumed he doesn't know about the plot to kill Joff?

On a re-read, I quite like Hizdahr, we don't know exactly who he is but he seems like a bit of an opportunist.

I don't think Sansa has done anything significant to help her situation and has mostly been drug along by other characters the entire series and is incredibly passive in AFFC and ASOS. And before anyone jumps on me, this isn't really any kind of an attack on her, because I don't blame her for that and I probably wouldn't have done any better, but all this talk about Sansa "learning the game" has been really...generous in my opinion. So far at least.

Agreed! I also hate it when people always think that good and moral characters are definitely going to go over to the dark side >_> ASOIAF seems to make people expect the worst lol

I like Aeron's chapters(especially the bits involving his relationship with Euron) and am excited to see where he's disappeared to.

I was surprised to find myself kind of enjoying Aeron's chapters. Maybe it was only because we finally got a closer look at the Greyjoys... well, I've only read AFFC once, idk how I'd feel on a re-read. But yeah, where have ya gone, Aeron?

so what are you saying that Aegon is a blackfyre? otherwise wouldn't that be impossible unless i have missed some theory?

if you look at the at the Targ family tree there are a lot son's.

for instance Daeron Targ has a son names Rhaegel (he was bat shit crazy) and he had two sets of twins and one of them were boys and couple others also had son's that we know nothing about. I don't think its that much of a stretch that there are targ's that went into hiding after the fall of the mad king.

My unpopular opinions:

1. Sansa didn't kill her father, which coincidentally is truth :)

2. Sansa will become some sort of a player, perhaps not in the traditional way, but she will be one. Also, I think she might end up with Harrenhal

3. Robb should have always listened to Catelyn, and what he did to his sisters is no cool.

4. I don't want Tommen to die, and I will be delusional to prophecy until it fulfills

5. Catelyn didn't abuse Jon, which again, coincidentally is truth.

6. Feast for Crows is not boring book, Dance OTOH, is borderline.

7. Cersei's walk of shame is unjust and I had no pleasure in reading it.

8. As much as I love him, Ned was complete idiot.

9. There is no "one true God" in Westeros.

10. I don't think Daenerys' dragons will burn everyone... They are too small people

My unpopular opinions:

2. Sansa will become some sort of a player, perhaps not in the traditional way, but she will be one. Also, I think she might end up with Harrenhal

3. Robb should have always listened to Catelyn, and what he did to his sisters is no cool.

4. I don't want Tommen to die, and I will be delusional to prophecy until it fulfills

10. I don't think Daenerys' dragons will burn everyone... They are too small people

1, 4, 7, 8, and 9 are not unpopular at all.

My unpopular opinions:

This is not an unpopular opinion... only the most delusional anti-Sansa readers accuse Sansa of killing her father.

EDIT: Ninja'd, well played Gimp.

My unpopular opinions:

4. OMG! me to poor little Tommen!

7. I don't feel bad for her at all, only because she was going to put Marg through the same thing and Marg really hadn't done anything she was being accused off.

And how come I argue each of them on daily basis? They actually are rather unpopular, maybe with exception of Tommen's case.

Probably because a vocal minority of fans tend to argue right back with you. It's really difficult to gauge the popularity of any given opinion since there's always one or two people around who believe the opposite of what you do.

I'm not a big fan of Tyrion, though he seems to be everyone's favorite character.

I don't like Barristan Selmy and I don't think he's as honorable as everyone seems to think. He decided that Dany was the rightful queen only after Joffrey humiliated and dismissed him.

Littlefinger is overrated as a player. He is still in the game because of luck and Varys needing him to create chaos in the realm.

Probably because a vocal minority of fans tend to argue right back with you. It's really difficult to gauge the popularity of any given opinion since there's always one or two people around who believe the opposite of what you do.

Controversial or hotly debated doesn't mean unpopular.

Well, Wolfswood is right here, but for the past 18 month, I doubt there was a week in which I had not argued some of those opinions. And I wouldn't call them minority. Sansa haters are rather big group that is exponentially growing with each new TV fan, the same with Catelyn. As for Cersei, the last thread about walk of shame had like 5 persons arguing against it and two dozens claiming it was fine...

But, at the end, I do agree that it is difficult to asses any opinion as unpopular...

Well, Wolfswood is right here, but for the past 18 month, I doubt there was a week in which I had not argued some of those opinions. And I wouldn't call them minority. Sansa haters are rather big group that is exponentially growing with each new TV fan, the same with Catelyn. As for Cersei, the last thread about walk of shame had like 5 persons arguing against it and two dozens claiming it was fine...

But, at the end, I do agree that it is difficult to asses any opinion as unpopular...

Actually, I think there's a sizable portion of the fanbase that likes Cat and Sansa and Cersei. I've certainly seen plenty of people defend them on various social media sites. Granted, I see less of them here, but I don't really think of the opinions here as being representative of the fanbase as a whole.

I appreciate Ramsay being in this story. He may be a sick son of a motherless rodent, but he is MY sick son of a motherless rodent! :P In a world full of Grey and Grey Morality, seeing someone so Black is refreshing. The horror of Ramsay Bolton is so interesting and well done, i just absolutely love the fact hes in this story. Hes so...unabashedly evil! So until the Others show up, (who may not even be as evil as Ramsay), i appreciate such a nasty, nasty villain!

I feel bad for Viserys. Mostly because he could have been one hell of an amazing antagonist. The lost potential there just hurts my guts. :P

Varys is my homeboy. Get what i meeeeaan?

Jaime bides his time while he works on that gravity belt.

I dont think Dany will ever really have control over Rhaegal and Viserion again. Only Drogon is her creature. I do not at all, see how shes going to land on Westeros with three dragons in tow.

Littlefinger wants to be Loki, but he fails miserably. :P

Sansa is going to bust out in some proverbial kung fu move and leave everyone involved, including the reader, rather floored.

Im all about the Sam And Jaqen Team Up Power Hour and hope against hope that it happens.

I ship Arthur Dayne and Elia Martell.

Arianne is in my Top Ten

Actually, I think there's a sizable portion of the fanbase that likes Cat and Sansa and Cersei. I've certainly seen plenty of people defend them on various social media sites. Granted, I see less of them here, but I don't really think of the opinions here as being representative of the fanbase as a whole.

Well, I can't speak about every forum and fanbase under the sun. We are discussing this one, and many new posters express their surprise to see how Tyrion or Dany are criticized on this board, or how Sansa and Cat are loved... But, I do admit that you have a point. These days it's hard to say any opinion is popular or unpopular.

Littlefinger wants to be Loki, but he fails miserably. :P

:laugh: This is my opinion of him as well. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else, but the truth is he's just an asshole who's willing to stoop to levels other are not. I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

Archived