Jon Snow's Fate - Ghost / Ice Cell

yolkboy

• 2 months later...

Really starting to fear that Jon Snow has been killed... during the scene it was described that he felt cold as ice. When Kevan Lannister died, he also felt cold. Varamyr's body died. He also described it as a shock of cold. It just seems as if this ''cold feeling'' is GRRM's way of describing that someone has undoubtedly died.

Meh. :( I hope I'm wrong.

But apparently GRRM said that Jon will eventually find out about his true parentage, that keeps me hopeful. Does anyone have a source for that quote/interview btw?

Jon's fate is to be the champion of the Others .

AGoT - Jon's dream about the crypts of Winterfell. He is afraid to go down there because he is not a Stark but down he goes because he is dead .

AGoT -The ancestral sword of the Starks is called Ice .

ACoK- "My name is Jon Snow ." "Snow? ,that's an evil name "

ADWD -Jon's dream about him wearing Ice armor with Stannis' sword

Jon is not warging into Ghost he has been resisting it until now . Each religion has v its champion Bran /the Old Gods ,The Seven /the Great Sparrow /Hightower ,the Drowned God / Damphair ,Rhl'lor /Daenerys,Melisandre ,Moqollo

• 7 months later...

I feel that Jon's fate relies on information not directly given in the books. Towards the end of aDwD, Melisandre is trying to create a bond with Jon snow - i.e., telling him of Arya's supposed coming to wall, then again arranging for Mance to rescue Arya from Winterfell and the wrath of Ramsay Snow-Bolton. During the scene before Jon's stabbing, it is noted that Melisandre leaves the hall before things go horribly awry. If Mel is the gifted flame-reader that she presents herself to be, she would have seen Jon's Fate in the fires. However, she abandons him along with her guards who could have potentially helped Jon in the face of his brothers' conspiracy. This begs the question, what did Mel see in the fires regarding Jon's fate. IMO, she knew he had to be killed by his sworn brothers. Like others on this forum, I believe she is trying to create the circumstances of AA's coming.

OP, I like your idea of using the ice cells, however, IMO I think Jon saw his reflection in the ice because of the dichotomy of ice and fire: this symbolizes his impending death, the ice representing the Great other bringing Jon into the darkness. However, from what we have seen of Red Priests, Mel does not need Jon's body preserved as she can simply breathe life back into him - if she has the powers granted to Thoros. I think that the last Jon chapter does foreshadow Jon's death, but the death of his brothers who just murdered their lord commander in front of hundreds of wildlings sworn to Tormund, and by proxy, Jon Snow.

I thought about the lack of Mel's presence too, maybe she went to see Ghost because she felt the danger was imminent?

Well if Mel's behind the attack on Jon to subjugate him to her, I hope that she become a sheath for Longclaw

I don't know if it was your intention, but it seems to have a very sexual nature to it.. And off-hand made me think of a meme/photo with a tattoo saying "boner garage" with an arrow pointing to a woman's lady parts

Archived