[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode Ending Scenes

Ser Tahu

Balon Has to die , and in season 4 , lest the people forget who he is (Yes, mountain, we know they forgot you)

My Personal predictions as to season 4's Last Scenes

Episode 1 : EITHER Sansa meeting with Dontos Hollard, discussing how they will run away, him presenting the amethyst brooch OR The trial in Mereen (ending with the children nailed up is weak , come on.)

Episode 2 : Eghh , you all know how it ends... "Arrest my brother!"

Episode 3 starts with Sansa running and the bells ringing , she goes into the ship, and the killer is identified.

Episode 3's ending : guessing that this episode will be somewhat (varys? telling tyrion that the hearing will be the next day) It will end with a bran dream of Blood Raven

Episode 4's ending : a mini mole town battle or something , its bound to happen.

Episode 5 Gregor / Oberyn Duel (since episode 5 is directed by michelle maclaren whom had directed the fight between dondarrion/sandor)

Episode 6 : Hearing of tyrions crimes, Tywin executing shae (to give the audience a reason to justify what tyrion does later on)

Episode 7 : Arya / hound final scenes

Episode 8 : Ygritte's Death seconds before the battle begins (Keep in mind i expect arya sometime this episode to arrive at the salt pans and board the ship)

Episode 9 : Battle, Jon snow sent to the ice cell, then sent as an envoy 10 minutes before the episode is done, stannous arrives.

Episode 10 : Arya arrives at bravos , Stannis is like "choose a commander before the night is done" final scene is Jon snow being elected as the commander. scene before the election must be tyrion killing his father.

Sorry but almost none of these seem right. First of all, how is the children pointing to Meereen a less satisfying ending than Sansa talking with Dontos? Your 3 and 4 definitely aren't climactic enough to end episodes, Gregor/Oberyn duel has been confirmed to be at the earliest in episode 7, Arya and Hound final scenes aren't enough to end an episode, although her boarding the ship might be, Tywin executing shae would be a horrible, unnecessary deviation from the books (why include that scene with the golden chains if not for foreshadowing?), and besides tyrion doesn't need any more justification to kill Tywin, and the LC election certainly isn't a strong enough note to leave the season on; i'm almost positive it will be UnCat.

Balon Has to die , and in season 4 , lest the people forget who he is (Yes, mountain, we know they forgot you)

My Personal predictions as to season 4's Last Scenes

Episode 1 : EITHER Sansa meeting with Dontos Hollard, discussing how they will run away, him presenting the amethyst brooch OR The trial in Mereen (ending with the children nailed up is weak , come on.)

Episode 2 : Eghh , you all know how it ends... "Arrest my brother!"

Episode 3 starts with Sansa running and the bells ringing , she goes into the ship, and the killer is identified.

Episode 3's ending : guessing that this episode will be somewhat (varys? telling tyrion that the hearing will be the next day) It will end with a bran dream of Blood Raven

Episode 4's ending : a mini mole town battle or something , its bound to happen.

Episode 5 Gregor / Oberyn Duel (since episode 5 is directed by michelle maclaren whom had directed the fight between dondarrion/sandor)

Episode 6 : Hearing of tyrions crimes, Tywin executing shae (to give the audience a reason to justify what tyrion does later on)

Episode 7 : Arya / hound final scenes

Episode 8 : Ygritte's Death seconds before the battle begins (Keep in mind i expect arya sometime this episode to arrive at the salt pans and board the ship)

Episode 9 : Battle, Jon snow sent to the ice cell, then sent as an envoy 10 minutes before the episode is done, stannous arrives.

Episode 10 : Arya arrives at bravos , Stannis is like "choose a commander before the night is done" final scene is Jon snow being elected as the commander. scene before the election must be tyrion killing his father.

In all probability,we will not see Braavos this season. The reason being it will not make sense to either go to a new location or raise a Braavosi set just for one shot. We will see Arya departing from Westeros for Braavos in the final episode.

Her season 5 arc will open in Braavos.

Why wouldn't it be?

/shrug. Wishful thinking on my part? I dunno. I was on board with the idea that it would be in the end of season 3, especially with the episode title being Mhysa. (I know that it doesn't make sense with when it happens in the books, but oh well.)

• 5 weeks later...

I think we'll see Balon dying at the end of the first episode. Non-readers may or may not pick up on the significance of this, as it relates to what will happen in the very next episode (Joffrey's wedding). Two episodes into the fourth season, and two kings will be down for the count.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 1. Danny finding slave on Cross. (possibly with Drogon trying to eat it)

Episode 2. We know! We all know! Shit I will be surprised if it´s not..

Episode 3. Dario fighting champion of Mereen?

Episode 4. Dunno

Episode 5. Jorah is banished.

Episode 6. Oberyn offers to champion Tyrion. This in Tyrions storyline directly follows the scene where Shea betrays him. This would explain the “if you want justice”-line from the trailer.

Episode 7. Possibly Leaf revealed.

Episode 8. Oberyn dies and Tyrion is dragged back to the cells.

Episode 9. Ygritte dies while Stannis clear up the wildlings.

Episode 10.

Well this is a tricky one. If I start by predicting the end of the most important individual storylines I think it will be something like this.

• Tyrion kills and starts his journey across the sea.
  • Arya does mush the same thing.
  • Jon is offered Winterfell by Stannis.
  • Danny locks up her dragons.
  • Sansa sees Lysa killed. Possibly followed by LF explaining what will happen next.
  • Then of Course there’s Lady Stoneheart.

Well I honestly have no idea. They could even pull the rug out from under us and end with a scene not in the books. Like a glimpse into the land of always winter or something like that.

do people honestly think that Jon has enough ADWD material to fill two whole seasons after this one?

he will be stabbed at the end of season 5

Well it´s entirely possible, even likely.

However I do think he has enough material for two seasons especially compared to a lot of other characters. If this season ends with him being offered Winterfell (my assumption) almost the entire first half of season 5 could be him wrestling with the decision and Sam plotting for the election. Then Jon is named LC at episode 4, 5 or 6. Remember his personal storyline won’t be the only one at the wall since he will be interacting with Stannis and Mel. Then they have one and a half seasons in which he

• Struggles with his new role as LC. Including the defense and maintenance of the wall and most likely interacting with Gatiss iron banker.

Lie in conflict with Thorn and Slynt.

Decides to bring the wildling through the wall and faces the repercussions of that decision. Negotiating both with the wildling and NW.

Decides to send Sam away.

In some way handling the WW-threat. The experiment with wights.

Maybe the Karstark subplot.

And of course excluding one episode that will focus solely on the letter from Ramsay, the decision to go south and the stabbing itself.

*Edit

Oh and - Mance being burnt alive/ Mance later revealed as not having been burnt alive.

Compare that to the last two seasons which (except for the first few episodes at Crasters) basically had him doing three things. Walking around, doubting his allegiance and falling in and out of love with Ygritte.

snip

What will all the other characters be doing for 2 more seasons, then? Not to derail the thread... Just sayin.

I'm also curious about Ygritte, and everyone predicting she'll die in ep. 9. I know the books are only a loose guide, but if they were followed, Ygritte would die almost at the opening of S4. Wouldn't it be a great episode 4 ending scene? They seem to go for monumental in ep 4s, and I think that would do it.

What will all the other characters be doing for 2 more seasons, then? Not to derail the thread... Just sayin.

I'm also curious about Ygritte, and everyone predicting she'll die in ep. 9. I know the books are only a loose guide, but if they were followed, Ygritte would die almost at the opening of S4. Wouldn't it be a great episode 4 ending scene? They seem to go for monumental in ep 4s, and I think that would do it.

Well yes that´s the thing. Especially Sansa, Brienne and possibly Jamie not to mention Bran (let´s just say many characters) don´t have the material to fill two seasons.

Jon however isn’t one of them. So if Jon is stabbed at the end of season 5 (with I agree is likely) it won’t be because he doesn’t have the material but because of the reason you have pointed out. The rest of the cast wouldn’t have shit to do in season 6.

And yes I apologies for the derailing let´s return to topic!

From Neil Marshall's comments it seems that episode 9 will be entirely focused on a battle at the Wall that includes the attack from the South as well, he also mentioned a devestating turn of events similar to the Red Wedding. I can't imagine him referring to anything other than Ygritte's death.

I am noticing a lot of synopsis oppose to cliffhangers.

While there are some awesome ideas, I think I have a good one for episode 10.

After littler finger whispers "cat" to Lysa and pushed her out the moon door we immediately cut to the epilogue. We get the same reveal we did at readers with undead cat. Not only would this be a great finale and cliffhanger, but I think showing bedric and showing cat being brought back would just be stupid. Just my opinion.

I am noticing a lot of synopsis oppose to cliffhangers.

While there are some awesome ideas, I think I have a good one for episode 10.

After littler finger whispers "cat" to Lysa and pushed her out the moon door we immediately cut to the epilogue. We get the same reveal we did at readers with undead cat. Not only would this be a great finale and cliffhanger, but I think showing bedric and showing cat being brought back would just be stupid. Just my opinion.

Think most agree that UnCats resurrection will happen off-screen. The question is more weather the reveal will be the scene from the epilog or wait until she comes in contact with Brienne.

I like your idea of making the defenestration of Lysa the penultimate scene since it sort of eases peoples mindset towards Cat. However I (unlike many it seems) don´t think LS reveal will be a fitting end to the series. The end scenes tend to be massive and emotional.

Although UnCat will be a shocker it doesn’t really have the “Fumf” that will be required.

Ok I'll play and do more with this.

Episode 1- balon dieing

Episode 2- I disagree with most of you that it will end with Tyrion getting arrested. I think the end will be dontos killed and littlefinger rescuing Sansa reveal.

Episode 3-ending will be theon/Ramsay related storyline even though I agree most of the episode deals with mereen.

Episode 4- ends with brans capture or reveal that mountain will champion cersei

Episode 5- Oberyn losing. I thought this would be ep 6, but someone mentioned the director and has me sold.

Episode 6- jorah banishment

Episode 7- arya/hound, hound being left to die

Episode 8- you know nothing jon snow

Episode 9-Tywin/shae die here, ends with Stannis saving the day

Episode 10- last 2 scenes are jon being elected lord commander/Lysa being pushed out after bein whispered "cat"/ lady stone heart reveal from freys point of view just like in the book.

1. The North will never forget: Opening scene, dead men eaten by crows and wolves howling. Ending scene: Oberyn talking with Ellaria Sand, looking at a picture of Elia with her children. Saying justice will soon be served.

2. Wedding of the Century: Opening scene the bells ringing in KL to signify the wedding. Ending scene, Cersei's grief, falling into Jaime's arms. Calling for Tyrion/Sansa's arrest.

3. Cold Winds rising- Opening scene bells ringing in KL to signify the death of the king, while Sansa is escaping. Closing scene Balon flying off the bridge.

4. The Iron Price- Bran's dream with 3EC showing him the Dragon flying over KL, revealing himself in human form. Closing scene: Stannis arriving in Braavos.

5. Words are Wind- Opening scene Tyrion being lead into his trial, closing scene slaves killing the masters all throughout Mereen.

6. Swords and Spears- Opens with Arya practicing needlework ends with Oberyn: Not as your judge as your champion.

7. The Gift- Opens with Wildlings attacking Mole's Town. Ends with Oberyn declaring that he's going to champion Tyrion.

8. Justice- Opens with Stannis arriving at East Watch by the Sea, closes with Tyrion, silently being taken to the black cells.

9. Watchers on the Wall- Opening scene top of the wall looking out and seeing all the wildlings. Closing scene: STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS..

10. Ours is the Fury- Opening scene, Jaime/Tyrion heart to heart letting him out. Closing scene.....

Episode 2- I disagree with most of you that it will end with Tyrion getting arrested. I think the end will be dontos killed and littlefinger rescuing Sansa reveal.

Tyrion being arrested (and Cersei ordering the guard to find Sansa) is a better episode-ending cliffhanger, and it would pace Joffrey's death, which is a huge moment on its own, better within the episode.

Archived