What has Bloodraven achieved?

Janicia

We know that Bloodraven is interested in current events (apparently warging Mormont's raven for months maybe years), has at least one minion (Coldhands), and has some ability to communicate with people (he reached out to Bran and Jojen directly, and Mormont's raven has been able to communicate important information to people once in a while).

What has Bloodraven achieved?

-Helped Bran live and got Bran to his cave

-Rescued Sam and Gilly (unless Coldhands just did that on his own?)

-Probably got the direwolves to the Stark kids, awakening their warging ability and helping keep them alive

-Helped Jon stay alive and helped Jon get elected Lord Commander

-Probably directed Ghost to unearth the dragonglass for the Watch

-Maybe he's had a hand in steering Nymeria's activities, such as saving Arya from the Harrenhal pursuit, fetching Catelyn out of the water, and amassing the huge wolf pack

-Maybe helped with Rob's military campaign, but if so that didn't work out too well in the end

-Probably sent Jaime the dream to rescue Brienne, Bran and Rickon the dream about Ned's death, and Arya at least one dream

-Communicates with Euron?

(updated with insights from posters)

What am I missing?

It just sees like for a guy of his powers that has been doing whatever he's doing for decades, he might have more to show for it, especially since half the things on my list are speculative.

Are there hints that Bloodraven has reached out to anybody besides Stark kids, Sam/Gilly, and Mormont?

Besides Jaime, he spoke to Euron in his dreams. Actually working on a theory that he has communicated with a lot of the main characters through their dreams.

Arya talks about a very prophetic dream where she is running the halls of the red keep, walls drip blood and her fathers voice is far away, but as she runs towards it it keeps getting farther and she feels she will never catch up to it. That screamed BR to me.

Besides Jaime, he spoke to Euron in his dreams. Actually working on a theory that he has communicated with a lot of the main characters through their dreams.

Arya talks about a very prophetic dream where she is running the halls of the red keep, walls drip blood and her fathers voice is far away, but as she runs towards it it keeps getting farther and she feels she will never catch up to it. That screamed BR to me.

But dreams are from the Great Other.

Bran had dreams about surviving and about going north to find Bloodraven. Dreams with fairly specific action points for Bran. If Bloodraven was trying to warn the Starks about impending doom, why go to Arya instead of Ned, who can actually do something about it?

Bran had dreams about surviving and about going north to find Bloodraven. Dreams with fairly specific action points for Bran. If Bloodraven was trying to warn the Starks about impending doom, why go to Arya instead of Ned, who can actually do something about it?

it wasn't about warning her. It was about preparing her for the road ahead.

Ned didn't have a part to play in the future, neither did Robb. But Bran, Arya and Jon do.

Probably more than we know. I'd wager he's influenced a lot

That's my feeling too, but then I start floundering. If Bloodraven has a lot of power to influence a bunch of people through their dreams, why is Westeros such a mess right now? Shouldn't Bloodraven have tidily achieved his goals by now? And if this mess was Bloodraven's goal, why has he been carefully keeping Starks alive? You don't need them if all you want is a mess.

If Bloodraven has too much power, all the other characters just become Bloodraven's puppets, which kills the drama of the story. So Bloodraven must have just enough power to nudge some events. And then you wonder - why does Bloodraven care about Stark kids? Why does he care about Sam and Gilly? Has Bloodraven established a direct connection with anybody besides Bran and Jojen? Could Bloodraven's influence explain anything?

Archived