The Black Library

Lord of the Night

So I finished Pariah, and was pretty underwhelmed. The whole damn book felt like fan service. Look, its Ravenor! Look, its Patience! I don't even know who it is that yall are referencing in your spoilers, I guess my knowledge of the greater WH4K lore is lacking.

I was still entertained, and look forward to the next story. Hell, I read it in two sittings so I can't be to vocal in complaints. But it did not hook me like any of the books in the Eisenhorn or Ravenor trilogies did.

I can't say it was my favorite either but, like you, I was entertained and tore through it. Im still kind of conflicted. Probably because I expected something on the level of the previous two trilogies.

I really wish the library here had more 40k. Im not confident enough in the other authors to buy all of the books, but nerd me really likes the setting.

I don't even know who it is that yall are referencing in your spoilers, I guess my knowledge of the greater WH4K lore is lacking.

The space Marine/Old dude that Eisenhorn has tagging along called himself Alpharius... That pretty much means he's a member of the Alpha Legion Who... Are a bit screwy.

This wiki article explains more. Basically, even if Eisenhorn hasn't got a Chaos-Primarch in tow (which seems pretty unlikely) he's still gotten himself involved with one of the greatest wildcards in the galaxy

Archived