A Sand Snake in King's Landing (TWOW spoilers)

Conquered Sun

I frankly admit it, I have no clue where the exact borders between the Stormlands and the Reach are. I'Ve never seen an official map depicting such borders.

As I understood Tyrion in ASoS you can either leave Dorne by the Prince's Pass (which will force you to cross the Reach on your way to KL) or by the Boneway. If you do the latter you can either cross the Reach or the Stormlands. If I remember the route correctly Oberyn (supposedly) took in ASoS he eventually followed the Kingsroad up to KL.

My assumption was (and still is) that you reach KL quickest via the Stormlands if you use the Kingsroad to cross the Kingswood instead of going around it. Especially if you don't want to enter Reach territory.

I hope this will help:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/f/fa/Westeros-with_borders-30pcnt.png

As an exotic, beautiful woman with no formal Septa's training (I think) she's gonna gonna have her work cut out for her in getting close to a pious, fundamentalist, sexist old man that thinks "wanton & wicked" are such an intrinsic part of women that they must be overlooked. She will have to play the role of a lifetime, for sure.

As much as I loved the "grass that hides the viper" speech, I find it a little unlikely that these formally martial, eager-to-fight women that seemingly possessed little grasp of subtlety or political acumen will be able to have the patience, awareness, & foresight required to make Doran's objectives happen. It'll be interesting to see, though. I'm very eager...

It seems to me that Tyene is well trained at playing the innocent. Her looks are hardly exotic, that's Nym. Tyene's more the sweet and innocent looking type. I have no doubt she'll be able to convince the HS that she's the maid made flesh.

Archived