Stomlands miniature army project (continued elsewhere)

TotalHavok

Hey guys. I just joined this community. I have one question for you. I was going to post it in the miscellaneous section, but its a chaos down there.

Now, I like painting miniatures. Ive been doing it for 12 years. I bought some medieval miniatures and I would like to create a Stormlands army. I thought it would be cool to post the progress here with pics, background and everything. I want to do that because

1) I dont know of any other forum where ASOIAF is the main topic

2) It would motivate me to keep painting and go on with this project, instead of having the army ready on my desk without anyone providing any feedback.

3) You guys can provide valuable information and criticism, from names to heraldry and much more.

So Im asking you fellow enthusiasts, would you be interested in seeing something like that?

I want to be clear though. I have no idea on how to take good pictures and apparently this forum lacks any picture hosting features (unless im missing something) which is really important to this project. So any extra info on this would be useful as well.

Thank you all

EDIT: Please mods move this to the appropriate section if you wish.

Sounds cool. How about a rep from a few if the major houses.

The Green Knight Guyard Morrigen from Crow's Nest.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Guyard_Morrigen

Bryce Caron, the orange Knight from Night song.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bryce_Caron

A Gallows Knight from house Trant.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Trant

A Swann, a Penrose, a Connington, Tarth and Esthermont rep.

I did some basic research on the Stormlands a while ago. The image I have in my mind is a combined army of 4-5 noble houses. Namely Baratheon, Swann, Buckler, Morrigen and maybe (unlikely) Errol. I want to do that for several reasons.

1) I want the houses to be noble and not knightly (unless knightly houses can muster levies as noble houses do)

2) I want the houses to have named Lords (so no house Trant for example, although they look badass)

3) I want the timeline to be around the time when Renly called his banners, although I dont like him as much as I like Stannis and Robert. Note, this has nothing to do with the war of the 5 kings.

4) If possible I would like the mentioned lords to have relatives/heirs, so I can represent them with miniatures.

This is how it works. Each house will be represented by a company of troops*, both foot and archers, all in the livery of their respective lords.

As for the heavy horse, I thought each house would provide a small number of men at arms/knights.

However AIQohoric gave me a good idea. Mounted knights could represent several notable characters, even if they dont fulfill the above criteria, since they will be single miniatures, part of a larger mounted force.

What do you guys think about the above?

* I will have to show you what I mean by company. Any ideas on image hosting for this forum? What is against the rules and what is not? I would really appreciate the help.

If any mods see this, please note that I decided to continue this in another forum due to image hosting convenience. If anyone wants to follow it there just search for a warhammer, human themed army or if you cant find it PM me and ill give you a link.

So mods please lock this.

Thanks a lot

Archived