U.S. Politics: Hairpiece In the Middle East Part 2

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It criticizes Harris' passivity,  but the major thrust of the article is showing why Harris was doing so badly - because he refused to push back as a noted skeptic on a whole host of claims that weren't particularly reasonable, and went along with them. The majority of the article spends its time refuting Murray's viewpoints and pointing out precisely how his basis points are wrong. 

Yeah, I can see that as being a salient point. He was very apologetic towards Murray in general, and that was essentially his default position. That this man had been wronged by the scientific community. 

I often have the same criticism of Dave Rubin, who has really centered his show on the whole Regressive Left, anti-Free Speech movement, often to a fault. His excuse is that he wants to have pleasant, non-contentious conversations with Right Wing figures, but he does this to a fault oftentimes. There's no push back to points of view that you know he disagrees with, and the whole exercise becomes rather frustrating. I don't think Harris is guilty of this level of passivity though. Again, I'm a fan of his podcast and his work in general, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm biased in this regard.

Archived