Three heads of the dragon: Daenerys, Jon and... Davos?

Thoror

Claim number one: The Prince Who Was Promised, The Last Hero and Azor Ahai (the three universal heroes) are the three heads of the dragon.

Claim number two: Daenerys is the Prince (the books have already stated that "he" could be a woman) and Jon Snow is the Last Hero.

Claim number three: Azor Ahai is... none other than Davos Seaworth. This is the boldest claim, but I have my reasons. The first one is that it could explain why Melisandre has deluded herself into believing that Stannis is Azor Ahai: she could sense that someone from Team Stannis was him, and the claimant to the throne was the most logical choice. The second one is that this quote from ACoK would turn to be ironic foreshadowing: When he thought of Nissa Nissa, it was his own Marya he pictured, a good-natured plump woman with sagging breasts and a kindly smile, the best woman in the world. He tried to picture himself driving a sword through her, and shuddered. I am not made of the stuff of heroes, he decided. If that was the price of a magic sword, it was more than he cared to pay. And the third and most important reason: it is said that he shall be born again amidst smoke and salt. Davos fits the bill: he was born again (read: almost died, but saved his life) amidst wildfire smoke and saltwater.

I honestly, genuinely think that anyone who believes that GRRM will have one of the characters (other than potentially Jaime, and even then I don't see it) stabbing the woman he loves and pulling out a flaming sword is mad.

By the way, I also do not think we will ever ever ever ever ever find out who the actual PTWP/LH/AA (I think all three prophecies refer to the same person) is. We'll never be told. We will have to figure that out for ourselves. My theory is that it's clearly Jon, but there's an argument for Dany. 

Hmm it would be interesting. One aspect of these three that you haven't brought up is their choice of worship. Jon - sticks strong to the Old Gods. Dany - I sorta group her with the rest of the Targs in that they respect the New Gods aka the Seven, but really view themselves and their dragons as the closest things to gods. Davos - sticks strong to the New Gods.

So if you're correct with your three being Jon, Dany, and Davos, then we've got one believer in the Old Gods, one believer in the New Gods, and one girl with dragons who doesn't strongly align with one path.

Archived