Rooting for Lannister

I realize that the chances of the Lannisters coming out ahead in The Game of Thrones is slim to none but for the sake of this thread (which will most likely get burried in less than 10 minutes anyway), does anyone want this? Does House Lannister have any fans at all?

I guess it depends on what you mean by rooting for.

I sorta like Kevan and hope he ends up Lord of Casterly Rock as well as Genna Lannister Frey and a few of the others.

But see Cersei's offspring rule from the Iron Throne? Yeah not really even though I do not have anything against Tommen really just not really rooting for it.

I realize that the chances of the Lannisters coming out ahead in The Game of Thrones is slim to none but for the sake of this thread (which will most likely get burried in less than 10 minutes anyway), does anyone want this? Does House Lannister have any fans at all?

Well, I'm rooting for

• Tyrion since he's freakin awesome but not technically a Lannister any more, as far as filial and familial devotion goes I guess
  • Jaime because I love the character development, and
  • Cersei because she's so screwed up: she's like the bizarro ruler of Westeros, where everything she tries turns to crap, and she has no idea it is because of her own actions, but everyone else knows it.

So, yes, I guess I'm rooting for them, but I also recognize they aren't the heroes, Jon and Dany are.

There are many of us Lannister fans out there ;).

So I'm not rooting for them to win the game, but I love Jaimie and Tyrion as characters (and others of them are great as characters, too), and I'm looking forward to meet them again, but I do not like attitude given to the house by Tywin (but he was a great character, too). I would like to see redemption for Jaimie, and also for Tyrion, but who knows what evil George is doing to them and to us...

Well, I'm rooting for

• Tyrion since he's freakin awesome but not technically a Lannister any more, as far as filial and familial devotion goes I guess
  • Jaime because I love the character development, and
  • Cersei because she's so screwed up: she's like the bizarro ruler of Westeros, where everything she tries turns to crap, and she has no idea it is because of her own actions, but everyone else knows it.

So, yes, I guess I'm rooting for them, but I also recognize they aren't the heros, Jon and Dany are.

Hey, these are all the reasons that I like Lannisters too ;) They are not heros but I still want them to come out on top. I just love how twisted the family is. Much more entertaining than Dany and Jon.

No not rooting for the Lannisters.

Myrcella and Tommen are Baratheon, and I can't think of any Lannisters I particularly care for. I don't dislike Kevan or Tyrion, but I don't really like them either.

But Myrcella and Tommen are not Baratheon. So....??

But Myrcella and Tommen are not Baratheon. So....??

Myrcella and Tommen are considered Robert's children, as it has not been proved they aren't his. So still Baratheons, although I'd first and foremost consider them to be Lannisters.

Myrcella and Tommen are considered Robert's children, as it has not been proved they aren't his. So still Baratheons, although I'd first and foremost consider them to be Lannisters.

Myrcella and Tommen are Lannister. In fact, they are more Lannister than all the other Lannisters. What they are "considered" by the realm is a moot point because we the readers know they not Roberts and it's we the readers that are having this conversation.

Nope. I like Tyrion and Kevan, and maybe even Lancel now that he's a zealot. Jaime's redemption is too late for me, I really hope to see Tyrion or Arya end up killing Jaime. Cersei surviving and in power could very well make me hate this series more than the Sword of Truth, there just isn't any redeeming quality to her for me.

Myrcella and Tommen are Lannister. In fact, they are more Lannister than all the other Lannisters. What they are "considered" by the realm is a moot point because we the readers know they not Roberts and it's we the readers that are having this conversation.

I think its relevant that the children believe that Robert is their father, that Robert believed they were his children, and that they identify themselves as Baratheons.

I'm pretty sure he signs his name "Tommen Baratheon" regardless of his parentage...

Yeah and I'm pretty sure signing his name Baratheon does not make him Baratheon.

Archived