[BOOK & TV SPOILERS] How much do you cry when you re-watch GoT?

little_horn

I don't remember crying any time watching Game of Thrones (except maybe Ned's last scene?). But, yeah, I was watching it for the second time, and after reading all the books and knowing what all those characters will go through, well... I did get teary, but as I wasn't alone in the living room, I put my insensitive mask on and pretended not to care. It was hard watching all those Ned scenes, his plans and illusions, his promising to tell Jon about his mother, more than anything else. Season 3 will be hard - the RW didn't really affect me on the book, but maybe on-screen it will be different, and with such a great actress on that scene, well...

Gods - I hadn't read the books when I saw the re-runs of the series over Christmas in a stack. Ned, obviously got to me. I also (I'm a mother, people) got quite teary with Cat keeping a vigil over Bran. (Have to say I think Cat and Michelle Fairley get a bit of a rough deal on the boards here) Dany smothering Drogo, obviously. Dany's final scene......awesome. The music; the sound of the dragon's cry....real lump in throat stuff.

When I read the books quickly after this, and went back to watch, the scenes with Robb and Cat - because of that thing in Storm of Swords.... (I'm still in a sort of mourning there), and even little Bran, knowing he would never see any of his family again.... So many scenes took on a new meaning after reading the books.

Archived