"Knives in the Dark" Painting Of Jon Snow's Death( Supposed Death ;-) )

Conchobar

So I did quite a large painting of Jon Snow's Murder(rebirth), I have just finished it and I can't really add any more to it( I would like your help). I thought I would share it on here. I hope you guys like it.

I left Jon's figure slightly uncertain/ hard to find, you can see him, and you know who it is if you are familiar with the scene, but if you have not read the books but have seen the series, you won't really know who has been stabbed here. That is what I was hoping for anway.

Let me know what you think! What you would like me to do to it to improve it, I want people to contribute. So don't be afraid to let me know what you would like changed or improved. ;)

Many of the faces are based off faces of friends of mine, including my own face.

Conor

http://cerque.devian...-Dark-353889900

Beautiful job!

But if I may offer my well meaning advice, you could put some more emphasis on the figure of Jon so that it's clear that he's the centerpiece of the scene. He's quite hard to make out from the legs of the Night's Watchmen.

Some red blood from the wounds might draw the eye and clarify what is happening.

I've thought about how such a drawing would look but I'm not artistic enough. It's really nice that someone's actually done it. Keep up the good work!

i have a hard finding where jon is, its prolly because i've just been playing for 2 hours now.

i love the red wedding though. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your feedback! Yeah I thought long and hard about Jon and whether or not to make him the centrepiece. I do agree that he needs more...obvious indication in the image. I might work on it a bit more tonight and put less attention on that guys back in front of Jon and more on Jon. I will post it here as soon as it is fixed. It is paint so unlike ink, you can actually layer paint and fix things easily!

Wow, great job. :)

But, I also agree with the others: Jon needs to be the centerpiece of the picture.

Thank you very much Alex. I will work a bit more on it tonight. I like being able to interact with fellow fans before I finalize anything like this, and with art you never really know when it is done! Even calling something I do art sounds pretentious so I hate using that word! :P

You are very talented, congratulations.

Please keep up with the ASOIAF theme. I'm sorry I can't offer any kind of advice. I just would like to point out how much I enjoyed your "Ramsay Snow". So disturbing.. I just couldn't look away. I almost felt sorry for Theon.

Beautiful job!

But if I may offer my well meaning advice, you could put some more emphasis on the figure of Jon so that it's clear that he's the centerpiece of the scene. He's quite hard to make out from the legs of the Night's Watchmen.

Some red blood from the wounds might draw the eye and clarify what is happening.

I've thought about how such a drawing would look but I'm not artistic enough. It's really nice that someone's actually done it. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your advice! Yeah I was thinking of adding colour to it, but I mean, the colour palette of Castle Black is pretty bland, they all wore black, and I know that colour dye was very expensive in the middle ages of europe, and we all know that the Night's Watch isn't exactly that well funded! :P As for the blood, I thought the black would stand out more on the snow(the snow on the ground was used as a mixing palette for my whites and blacks! )

Hope you like the new version with more emphasis on Jon!

You are very talented, congratulations.

Please keep up with the ASOIAF theme. I'm sorry I can't offer any kind of advice. I just would like to point out how much I enjoyed your "Ramsay Snow". So disturbing.. I just couldn't look away. I almost felt sorry for Theon.

Thank you! I very much intend to actually. My next one should be based on the others. My band "Band of Clouds" have written a song called "Shadows in the Woods" as well, I will share it with you guys when we have it mastered. Its pretty creepy. Gonna try sending it off to George and DnD and see what they think of it(even if they don't reply just so that they heard it! ) http://bandofclouds.bandcamp.com/

I am so happy you like the Ramsay one! Seriously, I was worried it was going to creep people out and stuff, but I wanted to show how much his character disgusted me, and I am also glad you pitied Theon in the picture! That was the idea! Fucking with people's perceptions of so called " hated " characters! :P

Thank you for your advice! Yeah I was thinking of adding colour to it, but I mean, the colour palette of Castle Black is pretty bland, they all wore black, and I know that colour dye was very expensive in the middle ages of europe, and we all know that the Night's Watch isn't exactly that well funded! :P As for the blood, I thought the black would stand out more on the snow(the snow on the ground was used as a mixing palette for my whites and blacks! )

Hope you like the new version with more emphasis on Jon!

I love it, great work.

I'd love if you could colour jon's blood red. It would be awesome in the middle of all that dark gray background and black clothes to have this little spot of red.

just my opinion tough, love the artwork none the less.

and are we going to see some more painted scenes? please say yes

It's beautiful and disquieting. I love the way you painted the sky. It looks like the gloomy half-flight that you get in the North during winter. I also really appreciate the facial expressions of the perpetrators and the witnesses.

Thank you very much! :) That sky is actually the wall :P I am very happy you like the facial expressions and reactions,I really wanted to get a sense of the chaos and conflicting minds in this scene. Those loyal to Jon, seeing his brutal attack, and the ones that were less sympathetic.

Thank you very much! :) That sky is actually the wall :P I am very happy you like the facial expressions and reactions,I really wanted to get a sense of the chaos and conflicting minds in this scene. Those loyal to Jon, seeing his brutal attack, and the ones that were less sympathetic.

Maybe some vertical lines on the Wall to make it clearer what it is, maybe piece of a scaffolding.

Also, disregard the red blotches for blood idea. The painting looks much better in monochrome.

Archived