Let's Champion an Actor - AVERY CLARK

rathandal

It's interesting, the concept of helping to get a few "faithful" in through the door. Stage actors and HBO productions ([i]Rome[/i] and [i]Deadwood[/i] were both stuffed full of experienced stage performers) have long gone hand-in-hand, so that always bodes well.

My question for Avery: what role do you see yourself in? I'm not asking for the typical [i]"I can play any role - just give me something"[/i] mantra. You know yourself better than we do. At first glance of your photos, I can't think of a role that would suit immediately. Too old to play any of the kids, face isn't long enough for Ned, a little too good looking to be Littlefinger (and are you short enough for Petyr?), yet not quite pretty enough for Renly. You'd need to gain about 200 pounds to play Robert. Davos is close, but they'd have to age you; most of his sons were old enough to join in the failed assault on Kings Landing.

Whose lines do you envision coming from your mouth? Give us your top three!

I'm only a figurative Bronn

You, the masses of fans, are Tyrion and I will fight on your behalf. That's all I was saying. I know - silly analogy. I agree, no casting director would look at me and think "Bronn"

I'm 6'1" - too tall for Littlefinger - unfortunately. What an incredible character.

Renly - I could do in a heartbeat - I played Philip in The Lion in Winter and they have some interesting similarities. Yeah, I may not be pretty enough though.

Though I would say the top three closest in type are: Theon, Viserys, Renly. I'm somewhat lanky and play tortured characters often. And I'm pretty pale so I play the young shithead king/prince a lot (though no king is as young and shitheady as Joff)

And NO, no Ned or anything like that - Ned is a star character - and I must say incredibly written - his presence resounds through all the following books - it needs a star in it - to carry the weight of his death and the ramifications throughout...

And yes, I know according to the books I'm too old for the kids - but I have a feeling they're gonna have to bump the ages a touch -

I'm trying to be realistic with this desperate attempt - I know HBO won't call me in for a lead - but maybe if enough people back me - they'll throw me a bone and let a true fan audition for (at most) a supporting character - what would it hurt? an audition is only 3 minutes of their time

Pheonix Rising - About Yea High
Thank You so much for responding :)

Yes, I do look young. I just played Romeo - he's supposed to be 16! That's a guess actually - it never says in the script - Juliet isn't 14 - so 16 is kind of assumed for Romeo.

And yes, I can read that line - I can say it too :)

[quote name='rathandal' post='1593170' date='Nov 18 2008, 15.44']And yes, I can read that line - I can say it too :)[/quote]

So what you do (and keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about, here) is you audition for the part of Ser Waymar Royce and then start gunning for Renly's role as soon as you get your foot in the door.

So what you really mean is "lets champion me". ;)

I understand the sentiment though, and won't deny you've got a longer resume than most of us in the other thread, but we already have a thread for these broken dreams to be collected. If everyone who wanted a part made their own thread the whole forum would be swamped with headshots.

On topic: I don't really want them to alter the ages much, so that would put you out for Jon, though depending on how you play it you could pull off the look of Theon. Lets look at the some of the more minor characters though, since that is realistically where anyone nabbed from the forum is going: Marillion perhaps. You've got pretty much exactly the look I pictured him having when I read the books.

WOW - i appreciate these responses

I was born in Illinois - but raised in Arkansas (first generation American of German stock) I believe my mother was Canadian - but like a certain GRRM character I don't know much about my mother

Yes, I do R.P. British - basic British - a bunch of todays best playwrights are British - and I've done a decent share of 'em

For those of you saying Jon Snow - THANK YOU!!! And yes - I have experience with sword play - I'm not combat certified - but I have killed my fair share of characters on the stage: Tybalt, Paris, Cloten, My Father with a shovel in Dennis Lehane's play (that was brutal), and actually I play characters who kill themselves a lot too now that I think about it. Or get killed.

I know a lot of my pics make me look a bit "soft" as someone put it but check out [url="http://www.averyclark.com"]Cymbeline Photo's[/url]
- Just Click Photo's on the bottom of the page, then click the icon for Cymbeline at the top of the list.

Yes, it's a fake beard (and yes I can grow one) - but those pictures don't make me look as "soft"
especially the one where I'm carrying Cloten's head.

Thanks again everyone! - I know it's a long shot I'll get any attention but I have to try!!! And regardless of what happens with my meager attempt, I know HBO is gonna cast the hell out of this - Deadwood and Rome were cast brilliantly

to Venardhi.

I totally understand the sad truth of the thread of broken dreams...BUT - if there are a select group of us with real experience and resumes and an [u]actual chance of being cast if given the opportunity[/u] - why not bind us together and submit our names on these threads - what could it hurt?

So what do I want? If just a few of you would submit my name in these official threads for characters you could see me as...and maybe if it happens enough - maybe the producers will notice or even GRRM. I know it's a long shot - but, as of now, it's the only shot I've got.

I can fill a book of close calls in this ridiculous career - everyone who works hard, deserves a break...I've been close - and if enough of you help me here - maybe I'll get another chance. As sad as it sounds - this is a dream of mine.

If there are any other actors out there with the drive and who are the right type and have experience to back it up - I am more than willing to return the favor. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is the last great fantasy epic!!! And HBO is gonna do it some damn good justice. And I got know I searched every avenue to be seen for it.

We'll I'll be happy to suggest you for Marillion, like I said: you fit my image of him to a T.

Check out my post in the other thread for some photos of me, my resume is mostly student films and non-payed stage work for colleges and community theaters. (Stephano in The Tempest, Lucentio in Taming of the Shrew, Benedick in Much Ado, Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet, to name a few notable roles)

If you can think of anyone to suggest me for, I'd happily support it. ;)

I mentioned you in [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=32212"]this thread[/url]. Maybe if enough people talk about you here the producers will take note. After checking out your resume, it seems to me you're just the kind of actor they should be looking for. Good luck.

I did too. I'm backing Avery Clark for the role of Theon Greyjoy; he seems to have all the right things for that role, aside from age, and I suspect a lot of the youths will be "aged" just a little. At any rate, the role of Theon isn't age specific, other than "young adult." Hopefully Avery can pull off [i]"overconfidence quickly melting into frantic desperation."[/i]

And I think you need a stage swagger for Theon rather than a model's poseability. (Yes, I just made up that word: "poseability.") Plus, dude kicks heads like footballs, and we can see from Cymbeline ... Avery knows how to handle severed heads.

[quote name='About Yea High' post='1593526' date='Nov 18 2008, 20.15']I did too. I'm backing Avery Clark for the role of Theon Greyjoy; he seems to have all the right things for that role, aside from age, and I suspect a lot of the youths will be "aged" just a little. At any rate, the role of Theon isn't age specific, other than "young adult." Hopefully Avery can pull off [i]"overconfidence quickly melting into frantic desperation."[/i]

And I think you need a stage swagger for Theon rather than a model's poseability. (Yes, I just made up that word: "poseability.") Plus, dude kicks heads like footballs, and we can see from Cymbeline ... Avery knows how to handle severed heads.[/quote]

I second that motion....the more i look...the more i see Theon. Just remember if somehow you do land the part , I(we) might come to hate you. Because Theon is a character that you have to hate. :devil: ....nothing personal of corse ...

I'm a goalkeeper

I can kick the hell out of a severed head!

DO IT! Put me on the list for Theon - thank you!!! Yes! You should hate Theon - BUT like most of these characters in aSoIaF - he is gray - not good or evil - just flawed

He wants his fathers love and respect and there is something pitiable about him. Mark my words - he may be a villain now - but, like Jaime - GRRM is brilliant and by the end of the next book - you may feel something akin to sympathy for Theon

Plus - He has some of the funniest moments in all the books - his dealings with the captains daughter - and when he first meets his sister - hysterical. His horse is named Smiler - come on - the dude is funny - PLUS he saves Bran - he's not all bad

PLUS I CAN SHOOT A BOW AND ARROW!!!!

Check out my pics - read my review - and put me on the list for Theon!!!! Thank You - I'm serious - if enough of us mention my name - maybe the seven will answer.

Venardhi

LOL - i just looked at your pictures

that last picture immediately made me think "the mountain that rides"!!! the ratio of body to horse is about accurate!

Dude - you've got Lannister written all over you - I can't think of any specific characters - off the top of my head - but you belong in crimson and gold! if not a white cloak - newly appointed by Joff

that picture cracks me up! actually you've inspired me to...

[url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=34071157&albumID=740273&imageID=12503556"]Avery Slaying the Bennington Monster[/url]

AVERY FOR THEON!!! He's from Arkansas - so he doesn't mind squeezing his sister breast!

Archived