Bran Stark – A Self Fulfilling Prophecy

Syri0_F0rel

That he does, I pointed the text out as a counter point in post #55. It does seem Ghost is smelling the crypts not the cave.

I still find it odd that Bran was capable of appearing in the dream, communicating, and opening Jon's 3rd eye when Bran at this point barely understands his own abilities.

Me too. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with the crypts themselves. A couple different times, Winterfell has been compared to a tree, which would make the crypts its roots. When Bran meets up with BR/3EC, he is literally under a weirwood tree and connected to its roots. Possible connection?

Me too. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with the crypts themselves. A couple different times, Winterfell has been compared to a tree, which would make the crypts its roots. When Bran meets up with BR/3EC, he is literally under a weirwood tree and connected to its roots. Possible connection?

That's a great poin Amoracchius, I never connected the crypts with the roots of the Heart Tree. There is clear evidence of a seismic shift in the world of magic and it is often associated with Dany and the birth of her Dragons. The Warlocks are stronger, Thoros of Myr resurecting Beric Dondarrion, Melisandre is sending off shadow assassins, The Pyromancer Lord Hallyne sounds slightly alarmed by the spurt in the Pyromancer's power, allowing them to make wildfire at a rapid rate, suddenly 3 (possibly all) Stark children can warg and Varamyr recognizes Jon's abilities as exceptionally strong, Jojen is having regular green dreams (he could have been having them regularly before, idk), and the Firemage in Quarth is preforming tricks he could never have preformed before the Dragons.

With all this increased magic activity is it possible that the crypts are also somehow substantially magical? Explaining why Bran had an abnormally powerful dream where he communicated with Jon? Could that explain how Bran and Rickon were both lured their the night after Ned's death?

On another note, the crypts haunt Theon and Jon in their dreams. I wonder if they haunt Roose and Ramsay too. People have mentioned Roose's uneasiness during the Maderly/Frey showdown... is Roose also haunted in his sleep by the crypts?

What powers do the crypts hold, how do they function and what impact did the seismic shift of magic have on them?

Archived