Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowbaby

Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Recommended Posts

[quote name='House Costayne' post='1423653' date='Jul 1 2008, 16.32']Thank you for the math lesson, Monty.[/quote]

I never understood that one. I would have said that, though the first door you pick has an initial 33% of being the right one, the fact that one of the doors is proved to be wrong would increase your odds. I also would have said that if we admit the fact that each door has an initial 33% chance of being the right one, proving that one of them is wrong should alter either both doors' chances (which is what I'd say) or none (after all, the fact that you picked one door and not the other shouldn't alter the odds of them being the right one). If the second door you pick has 50% chances of hiding the car and the first door has less (the original 33% I assume), then where is the remaining 17%? In the door we already know [i]doesn't[/i] have the car?

[quote name='House Brax' post='1423680' date='Jul 1 2008, 16.48']Friends? Like partners? :stunned:[/quote]

No, friends like the enter key.

I think we really need to get rid of either Overton or Costayne. Their avs are ugly and I confuse them. I'll vote for [b]Costayne[/b], who seems less sincere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1423732' date='Jul 1 2008, 18.24']I never understood that one. I would have said that, though the first door you pick has an initial 33% of being the right one, the fact that one of the doors is proved to be wrong would increase your odds. I also would have said that if we admit the fact that each door has an initial 33% chance of being the right one, proving that one of them is wrong should alter either both doors' chances (which is what I'd say) or none (after all, the fact that you picked one door and not the other shouldn't alter the odds of them being the right one). If the second door you pick has 50% chances of hiding the car and the first door has less (the original 33% I assume), then where is the remaining 17%? In the door we already know [i]doesn't[/i] have the car?



No, friends like the enter key.[/quote]

Did you lose your friend then? Those are some long paragraphs. :P


MATHS :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1423400' date='Jul 1 2008, 15.07']Sailor Moon.[/quote]
:ack:

[quote name='House Brax' post='1423657' date='Jul 1 2008, 17.35']*prances around the room*

I'm a pretty purple pony.[/quote]

:lol:
I'm totally jealous. :P


Ok, here briefly. Sorry about the lack of day1 joking about on my part, but I don't have the best sense of humor in these sorts of situations... :uhoh: (And I'm leaving shortly.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1423731' date='Jul 2 2008, 00.23']Are you asking loaded questions? :P[/quote]

How dare you accuse me of that! As if I would do such a thing. :D

And I've never understood that probability thing either. But mathemeticians tell me it is so, and I may as well believe them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Harte' post='1423736' date='Jul 2 2008, 00.32'](And I'm leaving shortly.)[/quote]

Leaving shortly to commune with your cronies, eh? Wait, I'm not supposed to ask leading questions. Maybe you just want to sleep. After all, we'll all need all our strength when it gets serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Overton' post='1423742' date='Jul 1 2008, 18.36']Leaving shortly to commune with your cronies, eh? Wait, I'm not supposed to ask leading questions. Maybe you just want to sleep. After all, we'll all need all our strength when it gets serious.[/quote]

If you can't ask leading questions, what kind of questions can you ask?

How about really vague ones? :rolleyes:

Like "Do you think?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Brax' post='1423744' date='Jul 2 2008, 00.41']Like "Do you think?"[/quote]

That's an easy question to answer - nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Overton' post='1423747' date='Jul 1 2008, 18.45']That's an easy question to answer - nope.[/quote]

:lol: Exactly. I don't think.....either.


Who are we still waiting on to check in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It is day 1.

15 players remain: Brax, Costayne, Egen, Fell, Grandison, Harte, Jordayne, Myatt, Overton, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Overton (Fell, Grandison, Jordayne)
2 votes for Costayne (Whitehill, Tyrell)
2 votes for Grandison (Myatt, Overton)
1 vote for Myatt (Brax)
1 vote for Jordayne (Costayne)

6 players have not voted: Egen, Harte, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1423732' date='Jul 1 2008, 23.24']I never understood that one. I would have said that, though the first door you pick has an initial 33% of being the right one, the fact that one of the doors is proved to be wrong would increase your odds. I also would have said that if we admit the fact that each door has an initial 33% chance of being the right one, proving that one of them is wrong should alter either both doors' chances (which is what I'd say) or none (after all, the fact that you picked one door and not the other shouldn't alter the odds of them being the right one). If the second door you pick has 50% chances of hiding the car and the first door has less (the original 33% I assume), then where is the remaining 17%? In the door we already know [i]doesn't[/i] have the car?



No, friends like the enter key.

I think we really need to get rid of either Overton or Costayne. Their avs are ugly and I confuse them. I'll vote for [b]Costayne[/b], who seems less sincere.[/quote]

My avatar is beautiful and it is one of the only avatars to represent both a house AND a mafia paradox. If you can't appreciate that, fie on you for having no taste.

But...er...is your Monty Hall speculation real, or a joke? You can't add probabilities that way. :| That is, you can't simultaneously reassign a 50% probability to switching and a 33% probability to staying. It doesn't work that way. The host’s choice is dependent on your choice. 1/3 of the time you will pick the correct door and Monty gets a choice in which door to reveal. It doesn’t matter which one he picks; that’s 1/3 of the time that staying on your original door will allow you to win. However, you have a 2/3 chance of picking the wrong door initially. In that case, Monty will [i]always[/i] open the other goat door. He has no choice. In that case, switching will let you win. So, 2/3 of the time, switching will allow you to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Egen' post='1423763' date='Jul 1 2008, 19.10']Hello[/quote]
...Hi?


Sorry to get serious here so soon but:
[quote name='House Myatt' post='1423459' date='Jul 1 2008, 19.35']<snip> So Tyrell, tell me a little about yourself.

Do you like to eat gargoyles? You know, the stone kind.[/quote]
Is this some reference to GRRM or something else that I'm totally missing, or is it a random and rather weird question or what?


[quote name='House Grandison' post='1423500' date='Jul 1 2008, 20.05']Oh come on, that's hardly fair. To demonstrate my belief in fairness and kindness, I will not vote for you. But I am tempted.[/quote]
Huh. :unsure: Grandison has two votes, by last count, so I'm not ready to put a vote down, but I'd like to. I'm probably the only one bothered by this statement, too. :dunce:

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1423732' date='Jul 1 2008, 22.24']I think we really need to get rid of either Overton or Costayne. Their avs are ugly and I confuse them. I'll vote for [b]Costayne[/b], who seems less sincere.[/quote]
Well, I agree with Costayne seeming less sincere than Overton, not that that's saying much this early. But honestly, I find Overton too amusing to get rid of yet. I want this game to stay fun and pleasant as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Brax' post='1423729' date='Jul 1 2008, 23.20']It was most likely targs fault if they were fixing your av ;)


(always blame the mods...just don't vote for them)[/quote]


Targ would like to draw your attention to the most important three rules of the game.

1. Targ is ALWAYS RIGHT and Blamless.

2. When Targ is Wrong refere to rule No. 1





ps. Mod Shabba is not alone. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Harte' post='1423780' date='Jul 2 2008, 00.26']Well, I agree with Costayne seeming less sincere than Overton, not that that's saying much this early. But honestly, I find Overton too amusing to get rid of yet. I want this game to stay fun and pleasant as long as possible.[/quote]

But my presence is so educational and logical. :rolleyes: How can I even have a chance to be insincere when beating people over the head with a Logic Stick?

I sense...a disturbance in the balance of the mafia community.

*gives CPR to revive the remnants of Team Math(s)*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Harte' post='1423780' date='Jul 2 2008, 01.26']Sorry to get serious here so soon but:

[i]<snip>[/i]

I want this game to stay fun and pleasant as long as possible.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If I understand the rules correctly, we only get the CF when the cannibal is dead? :unsure:


And what means "every other night"?

Night 1, 3, 5 or night 2, 4, 6? :|




If this game is somewhat balanced, we should have a BP, a healer and a guard. These three roles are more or less difficult to play. Let's begin with the easy one:

- healer:

You just heal Egen. Every night. Egen is neither BP, nor mafia nor a cannibal. He is the one that you want to protect. Point.



- BP:

A bit harder to play. Just try to get killed. Before that, try to get one or two evil players lynched.



- guard:

Your job is to find the cannibal. That's not me. Try someone else. If there is one kill missing, you either did a damn good job, or some evil guys tried to kill me.





Brax, Whitehill:

are you both evil or only one of you? And if you are both evil, do you belong to the same team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote name='House Egen' post='1423811' date='Jul 1 2008, 19.53']Brax, Whitehill:

are you both evil or only one of you? And if you are both evil, do you belong to the same team?[/quote]

Since I an not on a team with Whitehill, I cannot answer for him. I am not evil.

I have to say, I am not liking your good role speculation.

We'll learn which night the SK kills on when we wake with 2 deaths...it is alsways that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mod Clarification

Sk kills on either odd nights or even nights. You all get to exersice your brains and work out when the SK can kill.


The SK gets the CF information via PM. Once the SK is dead we mods will give you all the CF information (on thread not via PM - this time :rolleyes: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×