Mafia Game 83: Day 3

House Targaryen

Wythers' posts were mostly insubstantial with a couple of insignificant questions, which i do not like. Also, his last post:

Okay So, here are my thoughts so far:

- I don't really like Hunter's Stance. True, Baratheon's posts could be polarizing, but if you think your vote isn't that much worth it, why stick to it?

- I find Reed's early contribution a bit forced. Less likely to be "just checking in" and more likely to be checking in to not appear missing.

- Lannister also hits the wrong Keys. While his first post is a null tell, his later contributions feel disengaged. Could be avoiding scrutinization.

Fell, Pomm, Greyjoy: if you're around, any of you has thoughts on Baratheon?

Ok, i might accept the point about Hunter, but what's the problem with Reed? And how could i have hit the wrong key with the two posts that i've made, considering that one of them contained general wondering and the second - a mere explanation? what kind of later contribution were you meaning?

and also, what about the others? the three players that were mentioned were the ones with obviously not enough posts for them to be the only ones in focus

so, for now i choose Wythers

Actually, I am pretty sure I never said anything about Reed's inactivity.

If you tried just to make a digest of what every players did say, you could at least be accurate.

In fact, this digest looks somewhat awful. I won't vote you for this only, but my opinion about you is much worse now.

It seemed like a pretty reasonable inference based on your wording and his lack of posts. Whyumad?

And I don't really care what your opinion of me is - as long as you have one, I'm happy.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: House Arryn, House Baratheon, House Blackfyre, House Celtigar, House Fell, House Frey, House Greyjoy, House Hunter, House Kettleblack, House Lannister, House Manderly, House Pommingham, House Reed, House Tully, House Wythers

Greyjoy (3): Celtigar, Tully, Reed

Tully (1): Kettleblack

Baratheon (1): Hunter

Blackfyre (1): Arryn

Lannister (1): Blackfyre

Reed (1): Pommingham

Celtigar (1) : Frey

Arryn (1) :Baratheon

Wythers (1) Lanninster

Night (1): Greyjoy

Not voting (3): Fell, , Manderly, Wythers,

8 votes are need for a lynch or to go to night.

Approx 4 hours and 15 mins left

House Wythers

Watches the Greyjoy explosion with little reaction.

I didn't think it was necessary to spend more time digging into Greyjoy. He's had enough exposition on his own and his posts are more than enough to establish a decision on him.

Turns his suspicion to Reed, despite the fact that several other players haven't checked in or have posted minimally.

My first question on Reed came way before a bunch of people even checked in. Why would I raise doubt on users that didn't even post is beyond my understanding.

Tries to convince Tully on Reed?

No. This wasn't what I did. I raised a question to Tully's logic on raising suspicion on other low posters but not on Reed.

Pops in occasionally to pose questions but does not react to responses openly.

It isn't my in my style of play to participate with no reason. And, except for Blackfyre, (and now you), No one had really asked me anything.

Attentive to Lannister's inactivity, possibly suspicious of me.

I am normally weary of "breezing by" posts. Lannister has since done some gameplay and I obviously have some posts I have to do some reading to catch up on.

I like the questioning game, but I want more of a window into that squirelly head of yours.

I hope you've had your share of squirrel brain.

Now, in regards to:

House Reed

Joke post early, doesn't reappear until page 6 to land the 4th vote on Greyjoy based on the night vote. Feels like a convenience vote coming on the tail of Hunter's analysis and the suggestion that Hunter may vote Greyjoy. Feels honest, but lazy. I put him on the same page as Kettleblack. Explain your view of the field and convince me I'm wrong in distrusting you.

Why do you question my stance on Reed if you have one similar yourself?

I found Celtigars accusations towards Greyjoy and his reasoning behind them logical enough, and the imo self-assured manner he's been playing in makes me not feel suspicious about him for now(here it's the same as with Blackfyre).

but i didn't get this:

Because either:

a) I'm Lannister and Wythers's symp, or

B) Two teams of three evils make most sense, however three killers seem overpowered. Therefore a symp is pretty sensible. Especially in the light of some actions so far.

the first point - O.o i can't see the sense of it %)

and i also had a somewhat unpleasant feeling about his last post, but i cannot explain why even to myself... anyway, i'd like to see what else he has to say.

This seemed like a logical move. But it does take certain courage to vote night the first one.

This post is making me skyrocket. I'm feeling a strong itch. Sorry Baratheon :dunno:

This seems to be a way too quick accusation on Greyjoy. His night action, while not very logical, was not preposterous.

so, at first you say that it had been a logical move, then you state quite the opposite. moreover, i've never said anything about greyjoy being preposterous, and "chaotic" was related not to the first post alone.

Why do you question my stance on Reed if you have one similar yourself?

Fair enough, I agree with most of your points. It wasn't your attention to Reed's check-and-dash silence that made me raise an eyebrow (I do agree that it was a good point) - it was the fact that you singled him out for scrutiny, when the same point could have been made about half of our players at that point in time. You seemed to be tunneling on him, and I was merely curious as to why. You've more or less explained that to my satisfaction.

This is bizarre. Greyjoy, this is day one 1. You're paranoia is reminding me of Mad Aerys. I can't even make up my mind on what the hell happened there. A breakdown, a slip up, an accustaion defense? At this point, I'm leaning on a breakdown, and will ASSUME that you're town for now. But that scarred the shit out of me. Blackfyre and Celtigar seem to be hammering on each other, and unless they want to enlighten the rest of us, I'm going to just leave that argument alone for now.

House Tully is giving me suspicion, and House Greyjoy's vote for night is still giving me paranioa. Yet Baratheon is still suspicious to me. I'm keeping my vote for now.

Are we going to hear from Fell, Manderly, or Pommingham any time soon <_<

Edit: Must be going blind. Didn't see Fell's nor Pommingham's posts.

House Greyjoy's vote for night was STILL giving you paranioa? so, at first you said it was logical, then - not very logical, and then it was STIL giving you paranoia. not very logical, eh?

Ok, i might accept the point about Hunter, but what's the problem with Reed? 

Ok. Easy enough: what's the logic on his stance?

And how could i have hit the wrong key with the two posts that i've made, considering that one of them contained general wondering and the second - a mere explanation? what kind of later contribution were you meaning?

I specifically dislike this:

I wanted to learn why he'd voted for night. All the unnecessary words were mere observations that I couldn't help sharing.

Is this a confession into posting to have some stage presence?

and also, what about the others? the three players that were mentioned were the ones with obviously not enough posts for them to be the only ones in focus

Lannister, help me understand why is it bad to explore on the players laying low. Wouldn't it be productive to have them talk?

I think this post can explain some of the odd vibes.

IMO, Reed's vote and his reasons are beyond fishy (Here's Reed's vote post: http://asoiaf.wester...ost__p__2822856), but still, Arryn views him favorably because "Reed was honest enough to say he had a bad feeling on Greyjoy"... I don't get this. I mean, how honest do you have to be to say you have a bad feeling on someone? How can that be a good reason to view him favorably?

His post just struck me as sounding genuine. Maybe I'm being fooled but his admitting that he didn't have a reason to vote Greyjoy other than his bad vibes was rather silly and therefore townish to me.

Ok, i might accept the point about Hunter, but what's the problem with Reed? 

And how could i have hit the wrong key with the two posts that i've made, considering that one of them contained general wondering and the second - a mere explanation? what kind of later contribution were you meaning?

I wanted to learn why he'd voted for night. All the unnecessary words were mere observations that I couldn't help sharing.

Lannister, help me understand why is it bad to explore on the players laying low. Wouldn't it be productive to have them talk?

Disregard double post. SQL demon unleashed

I have very few strong reads, not surprisingly the only people giving me any feelings are the ones posting the most.

Wythers and Blackfyre both seem to be playing Poirot, mining every post for reasoning without forcing their suspicion on anyone, which feels fairly clean to me.

Baratheon's mega-post could be a very powerful long con because their reasoning could define the Town's first impressions on a lot of Houses.

As for Greyjoy, the fact that they're holding onto their night vote despite seeing what Day 1 has yielded in terms of sheer exposition blows my mind. I can't tell if it is stubbornness or misdirection. But they've given me the worst read to date. I will not be removing my vote from them.

I don't hold it against anyone who is laying low today, there is a lot of daunting discussion going on and a lot of it is grasping. I can see a lot of people struggling to keep up. I know that as I've attempted to post this there have been 8 new posts and not one has been superfluous meaning I have to reassess what I'm writing as I'm writing it. I'm certain I missed something, but can't remember what.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: House Arryn, House Baratheon, House Blackfyre, House Celtigar, House Fell, House Frey, House Greyjoy, House Hunter, House Kettleblack, House Lannister, House Manderly, House Pommingham, House Reed, House Tully, House Wythers

Greyjoy (3): Celtigar, Tully, Reed

Lannister (2): Blackfyre ,Wythers

Tully (1): Kettleblack

Baratheon (1): Hunter

Blackfyre (1): Arryn

Reed (1): Pommingham

Celtigar (1) : Frey

Arryn (1) :Baratheon

Wythers (1) Lanninster

Night (1): Greyjoy

Not voting (2): Fell, , Manderly, ,

8 votes are need for a lynch or to go to night.

approx 3.5 hours remaining

by his stance you mean his vote against Greyjoy or what? i've already said about it in one of my posts, i think the one with reed was on the previous page

it is a confession of posting a general thought that ye wasn't useful but that i just had the desire to post. anything wrong about it?

and ye, it's good to try to make low posters talk, what i didn't like was that these players were the focus of the post, what i mean is that there were people that gave away much more information to analyse and you just wrote about the guys with two posts or something and nothing more than this.

having re-read Hunter, i agree with you about him, though. the points that i've already mentioned make me feel he was just faking things the way it was better for his current post. i'm thinking about changing my vote to him, but for now i'll stay where i am.

I don't hold it against anyone who is laying low today, there is a lot of daunting discussion going on and a lot of it is grasping. I can see a lot of people struggling to keep up. I know that as I've attempted to post this there have been 8 new posts and not one has been superfluous meaning I have to reassess what I'm writing as I'm writing it. I'm certain I missed something, but can't remember what.

Yes, it's the first day. Yes, we might have new players in the game. But inactivity only benefits scum - either you aren't contributing to hunting out the bads, or you're giving them an out for their own inactivity. This late in the day, with the amount of chatter going on, everyone should have developed some kind of opinion by now. Share it, even if you aren't ready to act on it. If you're good and still lying low, you aren't helping anyone but the killers.

I'm still uncertain about Greyjoy, but today's interaction is more thoughtful and less intense. That could be because he felt attacked earlier and was over defensive, especially since he thought the reasoning was flawed.

I'd like to know why he put his vote back to night after he seemed to realize the first vote was a mistake. Was it just a reaction to feeling attacked? I'm also concerned about his attempt at intimidation with Celtigar. I just don't understand why someone would do that.

But, I don't feel comfortable giving him my vote right now. There's something holding me back about it, because I can't think of any logical reason for the attempt at intimidation other than perhaps it was an emotional response to being voted for. I think I need to read the thread again to make more sense of it.

It seems to me though that lynching an innocent person is just as unbeneficial for the game as going to night since we get our only mod CF on this day. Will we even have anything to go on in day two if Greyjoy is lynched and is innocent?

No vibes from Pommingham, Fell and Manderly at this point. Tully seems fine for now.

ye, and about Greyjoy: i seriously don't know what to make of him. on one hand, i guess his behaviour can rather be described as chaotic(as i already said) and frustrating(that's just my own feelings) rather then strongly suspicious due to him unwilling to participate in the game in a productive way for the reason of...em, being offended by the accusations or what? on the other hand, the way that everyone's been ignoring him for the last hours, having made up their minds about his innocence, makes me feel paranoiac.

[...]

Wythers and Blackfyre both seem to be playing Poirot, mining every post for reasoning without forcing their suspicion on anyone, which feels fairly clean to me.

[...]

Ten minutes later:

I'm going to unvote Blackfyre, I think s/he's trying to play detective and get more information right now, which is fairly clean, especially for Day One.

That is even without the original a very bad post by Arryn. I liked him at first, will have to reread now.

Archived