Suppose Alysane Mormont kidnaps "Arya Stark" and disappears...

GreenHand

Alysane Mormont never swore any loyalty to Stannis and more or less drifted amicably into his contingent. In fact, the Mormonts through the youngest Lyanna Mormont refuted Stannis letters & claims in favour of the Stark kingship. Alysane Mormont has said outright "There is only one King in the North and his name is Stark".

So it would seem she serves (with) Stannis for now only because their interests align against the Ironmen and the Boltons. Stannis hasn't objected. More than once she has spoken of the important of rescuing The Stark Daughter.

Now that the Iron Men are expelled from the North and Arya Stark is literally in Mormont custody with Alysane as her attendant, Is it not likely that Alysane Mormont will disappear with Jeyne Poole not realizing it to be a fake Arya.

How will this affect things.

Some posters believe that there is a Northern conspiracy at play. If so, there is now one ostensible Stark heir in the hands of Stark-loyal Northern hands. And another soon perhaps.

There's a distinct possibility that you're right.

But then it's possible that Alysane will realise that this is not Arya Stark. In general (and I do mean this in general, not offense intended) women notice details better than men. She might notice that this girl's eyes are not Stark grey. She might notice that this girl seems older than Arya would be. And she might notice that this girl does not look like Lyanna Stark who everyone knows is the one Arya takes after.

But then, she might not. No one else did so we could hardly blame her. And if you're theory is correct then there might well be a northern conspiracy in play to bring the Starks back into power.

And she might notice that this girl does not look like Lyanna Stark who everyone knows is the one Arya takes after.

I don't think she's old enough to have known Lyanna or remember her.

But well, if she doesn't notice the little details that could reveal she's not Arya, it's always possible she'll disappear with the girl. I mean, what point would there be to the narrative to take her to the Wall now that Jon is "dead", and probably won't stay at the Wall at all when he comes back to life?

So, yes, I think she'll take Jeyne Poole to Bear Island, whether or not there is a Northern conspiracy. The other possibility would be Greywater Watch, but it might be more difficult to get there in Winter than home - not to mention that she could have the clansmen help on her way to the island, whereas down South no one would help her, I suppose.

Archived