Did Theon deserve the reek treatment?

StannisBamfatheon

For me, it wasn't the sack of WF that made me hate Theon. It was when he killed the two farm boys. You kill kids, you deserve torture.

We didn't get to see Gregor's torture. But his screams were heard around KL until he finally died.

Torturing someone for revenge, in this case Theon, just doesnt sit well with me. And I would say the same if it were Aerys Targaryen, Roose Bolton or Walder Frey that was under the knife.

For me, it wasn't the sack of WF that made me hate Theon. It was when he killed the two farm boys. You kill kids, you deserve torture.

We didn't get to see Gregor's torture. But his screams were heard around KL until he finally died.

Except he did that out of desperation rather than any sense of "lol lets kill kids!" which would be the approach people like Ramsay and Gregor would take.

How does what Ramsay did to Theon stop him from hurting children in the future though?

Why prioritise retribution over prevention?

I'd say it's a mitigating factor, definitely. I don't think Theon though anything he did was morally correct.

Plus, it's Ramsay that gives Theon the idea to kill the miller's boys, and it's Ramsay that actually kills and flays them. So I'm a little puzzled as to why people are so content that Ramsay be the object of Theon's "just rewards".

Ramsay is getting his. I'll be shocked if he isn't dead in the first 6 chapters of TWoW.... But Theon. I have a feeling he is going to make it to the end. Asha is going to find a way to free him and further complicate the whole Greyjoy storyline.

And to kind of clarify my stance. I don't believe Theon deserves EVERYTHING Ramsay did to him. But I don't feel bad for him while I read. "Arya" on the other hand, her storyline makes me put the book down sometimes.

And to kind of clarify my stance. I don't believe Theon deserves EVERYTHING Ramsay did to him. But I don't feel bad for him while I read. "Arya" on the other hand, her storyline makes me put the book down sometimes.

I remember reading the last AFFC Arya chapter that ended something like "and when she woke up, she was blind".

And I went "of course she is George. Of course she is".

Archived