Roberts Rebellion movie anyone?

BryndenTullys#1fan

Here it is!

Wow, do you have a source for this?

It at about 10:20. He doesn't say Jon, but many of the comments believe that's who he was talking about. Also I help admin. a fanpage and the followers there also made comments that they believed it was Jon's parents he was hinting at. What else could it be?

http://youtu.be/zFAGknnoRio

Here it is!

It at about 10:20. He doesn't say Jon, but many of the comments believe that's who he was talking about. Also I help admin. a fanpage and the followers there also made comments that they believed it was Jon's parents he was hinting at. What else could it be?

http://youtu.be/zFAGknnoRio

Interviewer: "..sometimes fans don't know where it's gonna go..."

GRRM "..and I intend to keep is that way."

Interviewer: " Oh bugger!"

Yes, I've seen that but I missed the nuance there... unless he changes his mind, sounds like we'll know in Book 6.

And that's my problem with an RR interim movie or series. It would make no sense without the Big Reveal. A prequel after the fact might be interesting, but wouldn't have the tension of surprise.

True. I wouldn't mind a Dunk & Egg... But trying to look at it from HBO's corner, it would make more sense to do Robert's Rebellion since the viewers already have been teased about it so much.

I say - Jason Statham for a younger Stannis! lol. I'm not a big fan of his, he just has that look.

For me the whole having to use different actors for all the characters would completely ruin it for me. It's always annoying when they do that, and they would end up picking the actors for how they look rather than if they're good at acting or not.

I'd like to see Dunk and Egg made into a series though. They could make each one into a feature length episode.

• 7 months later...

Sean Bean won't be reprising his role as Ned Stark. If the movie is made, it will done with all new actors and chances are some of the story line will be twicked for various reasons. For example, if it were me. I would make Rhaegar a widower whose wife died giving birth to Dany and not someone who will be involved in an either bigamous or affair outside the marriage. It will be important for Rhaegar to be portrayed as sympathetic character since the movie will likely focus on romantic relationship between Rhaegar and Lyanna. It will have to have Romeo and Juliet type of feel to the relationship.

It'd be better if they show a young promiscuous Robert being tamed by Lyanna and then the tragic story of him losing the love of his life and metaphorically dying with Rhaegar at the Trident even thought he lives to be a King.

I don't think it would actually give more time for GRRM to finish. The amount of information that GRRM has put out about it isn't nearly enough to create a full movie or miniseries, even if they include all the obvious R+L=J stuff. As a result, whoever's making it would need to make up a lot of content, and since I don't foresee GRRM allowing what would amount to a highly publicized fanfic, he would have to assist in the creation of this new content. This would take up a good amount of time, and so wouldn't give him any more time to work on the books. Furthermore, I can't envision HBO putting a show as popular as GOT on hiatus.

Because I don't want my precious books ruined by the demons spawn at HBO,I'm dying for a prequel series until TWoW. Of anything I want a 10 week series of The Tourney At Harrenhall. Every week shows what happened each day there and does overall drama and what happened. e.g 6th day or whatever says we meet howland reed being bullied and eventually we meet The Knight of the Laughing Tree. It would be amazing!

Keira Knightley for young Cersei... Hands down!

I love the idea of the RR series, I agree that 15 episodes would be perfect enough to get all of the important information in.

I started off as a show-only fan, and there's a lot of RR that isn't discussed. It'd be a fantastic way for the viewers to understand the Rebellion, and as for R+L = J, there could be some vagueness around it.

I vote yes!

Keira Knightley for young Cersei... Hands down!

I love the idea of the RR series, I agree that 15 episodes would be perfect enough to get all of the important information in.

I started off as a show-only fan, and there's a lot of RR that isn't discussed. It'd be a fantastic way for the viewers to understand the Rebellion, and as for R+L = J, there could be some vagueness around it.

I vote yes!

I believe a movie would be better. Higher budget with a less running time than a tv series. Hence,theres more budget to produce better and more epic battle scenes. In the hbo series, some battle scenes were avoided while others(except for blackwater) were ruined.

Archived