Is Arya still with the FM (Mercy Sample Chapter)

Yeah I see the HoBaW training Arya as an asset down the line when she is ready to return back too Westeros not just delivering the gift but as the eyes and ears of the HoBaW and IB. As for Arya she sees the HoBaW as a safe house where she can regroup and take advantage of learning the way of the FM like JH.

I thing the faceless and Arya see them as a bargain

.. in return he gives her names off her list

Its implied in the text that the 'god' has send her this gift, a name from her list. I think there is an implied connection there, a bargain with the god of death, her list of names like a prayer.

I don't think the FM organisation sees it like this, they want her to leave 'Arya' behind. But I also don't think she'll be punished too badly.

I just saw an old clip from the season when Arya was with Yoren - the first time the gold cloaks approached them. When one of the gold cloaks starts to draw his sword, Yoren puts his dagger into the guy's crotch to threaten him with a slight slip into his main artery. Same way Arya eventually kills Polliver. Funny.

The forces of the Old Gods deliberately guide Arya to Braavos for a purpose. The nameless faceless gods of the north are too similar to Him-of-Many-Faces, who is also nameless by simple virtue of having alternating faces, and faceless by having not one fixed countenance.

Arya returns to the HoB&W after performing in The Bloody Hand. Furthermore, the kindly man and others definitely know about Arya’s potential powers as a Stark of Winterfell. Truly, the Faceless Men “know all” – and “they” are keeping track her. Arya is not done in Braavos – nor is she done killing and seeking vengeance in the name of justice.

Even though she leaves the mummers, Martin will have Arya recall the night she was raped and murdered on the Gate stage in her later POV’s.

Our little Arya sure is growing up quickly.

“Mercy,” he said. “My name is Raff.”

“I know.” She slipped her hand between his legs, and felt how hard he was through the wool of his breeches."

That line was odd in context, why did she tell him her fake name? Maybe because she wanted him to say 'Mercy'. She could say he was killed out of mercy, it's technically true. The question I have now is, will the FM buy it? We have a precedent, with Arya naming Jaqen as her third death, which also was a situation created by a technicality. On the other hand, there's another precedent with her killing outside FM which keeps getting mentioned here.

Archived