moonsinging and lunar manipulation.

Waters Gate

I think i can textually prove there being 2 moons over Planetos.

From AFFC, Cat of the canals chapter:

"Cat would always find the kindly man waiting for her when she went creeping back to the temple on the knoll on the night the moon went black. “What do you know that you did not know when you left us?” he would always ask her."

“All men must serve.” And so she did, three days of every thirty. When the moon was black she was no one, a servant of the Many-Faced God in a robe of black and white. She walked beside the kindly man through the fragrant darkness, carrying her iron lantern. She washed the dead, went through their clothes, and counted out their coins. Some days she still helped Umma cook, chopping big white mushrooms and boning fish. But only when the moon was black. The rest of the time she was an orphan girl in a pair of battered boots too big for her feet and a brown cloak with a ragged hem, crying “Mussels and cockles and clams” as she wheeled her barrow through the Ragman’s Harbor.

The moon would be black tonight, she knew; last night it had been no more than a sliver. “What do you know that you did not know when you left us?” the kindly man would ask as soon as he saw her."

From a dance with dragons, the blind girl chapter, and the following is all from the same chapter:

Her nights were lit by distant stars and the shimmer of moonlight on snow, but every dawn she

woke to darkness.

She opened her eyes and stared up blind at the black that shrouded her, her dream already

fading. So beautiful. She licked her lips, remembering. The bleating of the sheep, the terror in the

shepherd’s eyes, the sound the dogs had made as she killed them one by one, the snarling of her pack.

Game had become scarcer since the snows began to fall, but last night they had feasted. Lamb and dog

and mutton and the flesh of man. Some of her little grey cousins were afraid of men, even dead men,

but not her. Meat was meat, and men were prey. She was the night wolf.

But only when she dreamed.

Same day apparently as she had this dream, the kindly man comes to her.

“As you will.” She could hear him peeling the egg, then a faint silvery clink as he picked up the

salt spoon. He liked his eggs well salted. “Where did my poor blind girl go begging last night?”

“The Inn of the Green Eel.”

“And what three new things do you know that you did not know when last you left us?”

It is implied in the previous book that these 3 questions are only asked about every month. Or atleast, asked every turn of the moon, specificly when the moon is dark.

In her wolf-dream that night however she hunts with her pack somewhere in Westeros under the moonlight, whereas by the token that the kindly man comes to interrogate her we should assume that we are at the new moon/dark moon in Braavos.

Indirect proof yes, put in principle phases of the moon cannot be different under normal circumstances watched from other parts of the world afaik. So if there is a dark moon over Braavos, and there is moonlight over Westeros, then that might very well strongly imply there to be actually 2 moons.

I finally understand the meaning of a "crackpot" theory! Somebody obviously takes a large blast of crack cocaine, then smokes a joint and comes on here to start linking all kinds of random events together illogically.

I don't do drugs. Whats with some of the people here and thes silly kind of character assasination attempts lol? Though you made me want to drink a fine Belgian brown kasteelbier of Ingelmuster, an 11 degrees ... fine workmanship. As they say around here, shøll! Mmmmmmmm shit i like good Belgian beer. Not an alcoholic though, i don't drink much ....... for a Belgian ...

I really see no point to youre reply though. You don't add anything, don't refute anything with argument but make baseless remarks and allegations of a stranger you obviously can't know nothing about.

Obviously youre reply is empty, and you could have spared yoursdelf the effort of reacting to what you think is just silly, or do you waste youre life with giving attention to anyone you think is a crackpot maybe?

Archived