(For fans of show and books) how will they condense Season 5?

tblackjacks

It seems like Season 5 will officially cover Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons in its entirety, and I can see them fitting most of the already introduced characters' stories into one season, but how will they fit Victarion Greyjoy and Euron Greyjoy into the season? What about Aegon? I'm pretty sure these are absolute necessities to put in the show, but it doesn't look like they're looking for cast members for these story lines or anything. Maybe they'll fit them into Season 6 and the Winds of Winter storyline?

I think they'll focus a lot of time on the Cersei Vs Margarey stuff (Esp Ser Robert Strong trial by combat, which may even be fast-tracked from WoW). I also think they'll give plenty of air-time to Tyrion, Varys and Jorah arc in Essos. I'll be intrigued as to whether Varys actually goes on the road with Tyrion. I'm hoping not, though I loved every one of Conleth Hill's scenes with Peter Dinklage.

I'm not sure they will necessarily pack Sam off with Gily and Aemon to become a Maester in Oldtown. I hope they do, but there's a chance they may not. Fingers crossed.

I'm extremely intrigued by this Jaime and Bronn in Dorne departure from the books. I'd expected the two of them to be doing 'mop-up' in the Riverlands.

The Stannis at the Wall and Boltons back in the North dynamic is the real wild card. A hell of a lot depends on whether they go with introducing Lord Wyman Manderly and reminding us of the emnity of the other northern houses.

I think the Iron Born plot will be really streamlined. Likely we'll get one brother of Balon, who kills another on-screen or even Balon, and then 'Yara' (Asha) either legs it with her loyal followers, or agrees to sail off to Slaver's Bay. I'm hoping they give us the full Greyjoy compliment, but if something has to give, I suspect it's this...

I'm extremely intrigued by this Jaime and Bronn in Dorne departure from the books. I'd expected the two of them to be doing 'mop-up' in the Riverlands.

Where did you hear Bronn and Jaime were going to Dorne? I do know that a lot with Brienne and Jaime will have to change, because most of the major stuff that happened to Brienne (Rorge and Biter attacking her, who are both now dead in the show) really can't be done in the show.

If I had to take a guess, Varys is going along the ride with Tyrion, up until the moment he runs into Jorah, and then they'll split off. Varys will then go with Connington and Aegon with the Golden Company back to Westeros, and Varys will still be able to make it back in time to kill Kevan.

Where did you hear Bronn and Jaime were going to Dorne? I do know that a lot with Brienne and Jaime will have to change, because most of the major stuff that happened to Brienne (Rorge and Biter attacking her, who are both now dead in the show) really can't be done in the show.

Jaime heading to Dorne was gathered from some leaked audition tapes for Obara Sand. Unknown whether it was a throwaway line on the audition scripts or if it actually indicated something from the next season, but seeing as how they kind of forgot about the Riverlands...

ETA: (also since this touches on the show, you would have better luck posting this in the GoT forum)

This thread belongs in the television subdivision of the forum, but to answer the question posed, my guess is that they will be stripping Aegon and everything associated with him from the narrative and drastically modifying Varys and Illyrio's loyalties.

Archived