Crow's Eye being manipulated by Bloodraven?

Ser Ahai

I imagine the reason Euron has the nickname "Crow's Eye" is more to do with his physical features than any attachment to actual crows/Bloodraven. Euron even infers during the kingsmoot that other people give him that nickname, and it is not his own doing. "Crow's Eye, you call me."

If he did have a connection to Bloodraven it would kind of explain how he acquired Dragonbinder, but other than that I don't see the other connections you're referring to. Could you go into more detail?

I don't think there's a tie in myself. Maybe I'm missing something. I think that the North is something that gets mentioned alot on the Iron Islands in general because of Balon's Rebellion. Eddard Stark took Balon's only remaining son as hostage/ward after his other older sons were killed in the uprising. There is a lot of resentment in the Iron Islands due to the fact that they quelled that rebellion and made Balon Greyjoy bend the knee. No love lost there.

So there is no surprise then that Balon wanted to bring the North to its knees. Firstly to regain his pride and secondly to avenge the death of his sons. Another lousy father. As far as the Dragonbinder goes, I believe he came across it in either Ashai or in Old Valyria? Whether he was told where to get it, now, thats something I do not know. I'm interested to know why you think there is any connection between Euron and Bloodraven. Euron worships the Drowned God and Bloodraven, well, obviously the Old Gods, the Children of the Forest. How many eyes does Bloodraven have? A thousand and one.

The connection often comes from this scene

"When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly," he announced. "When I woke, I couldn't...or so the maester said. But what if he lied?" Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped clear his head. "What do you mean?" Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. "Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?"

Some people bring the parallel to Bran falling "leaping" from some tall tower and "flying."

That and he wears an eyepatch over his crow's eye on the same eye that Bloodraven has the branch sticking through. Plus the "thousand eyes and one." Is the one?

etc.

I can see why they make that connection...I still think he was drunk off his ass on shade of the evening to be honest.

"When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly," he announced. "When I woke, I couldn't...or so the maester said. But what if he lied?" Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped clear his head. "What do you mean?" Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. "Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?"

Some people bring the parallel to Bran falling "leaping" from some tall tower and "flying."

That and he wears an eyepatch over his crow's eye on the same eye that Bloodraven has the branch sticking through. Plus the "thousand eyes and one." Is the one?

etc.

I can see why they make that connection...I still think he was drunk off his ass on shade of the evening to be honest.

Ok, I remember this now, but I didn't make a connection to Bloodraven. Some food for thought. Thank you.

This is interesting. The Ghost of High Heart also seems to refer to Euron as a "drowned crow with seaweed in its wings." A lot of people also believe Patchface gets warged into by Bloodraven, which, if Euron has possibly drowned it might allow for a connection. There are also very weird things in Euron's text in that chapter where he seems to switch pronouns. He talks about Dany as "They say she is the..." and then he later says "but don't take my word for it." Your word? You just said it was other people... He also somewhat refers to himself in the third person in that chapter...

Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is maddest of them all. Victarion was turning to go when the Crow’s Eye said, “A king must have a wife, to give him heirs. Brother, I have need of you. Will you go to Slaver’s Bay and bring my love to me?

“You have sons,” he told his brother.
“Baseborn mongrels, born of whores and weepers.”
“They are of your body."

“So are the contents of my chamber pot. None is fit to sit the Seastone Chair, much less the Iron Throne. No, to make an heir that’s worthy of him, I need a different woman. When the kraken weds the dragon, brother, let all the world beware.”

Euron is a peculiar bird.

Actually I always saw that part as an implicit admission of him sending someone to kill Balon, but reading it again it doesn't make that much sense since Balon fell from a bridge. Anyway, for as powerful as BR is, I don't think he can actualy warg or control someone in Essos, and we know Euron didin't change that much since when he got back to his hometown

There is the theory out there, that I head just recently, that Euron is a skinchanger, and in fact was warging Aeron and that is why he hates him so much. It's very interesting but the idea that Bloodraven is manipulating him....

Well, i don't know, since Bloodraven is likely the stronger skinchanger, it's possible. A way to spread even more chaos in the South and get the Greyjoys to leave the northmen alone for a while.

Archived