Cersei's Future and the prophecy

Dr Qyburn M.D

So we know so far that Maggy The Frogs prophecy could potentially come true given that she was right about King Robert fathering bastards and a younger queen taking everything from her. But the big question is who will be the valonqar!? Cersei is older than Jamie so that leaves him in the running but while I believe Jamie will be present at Cerseis death I don't think he will be the killer, obviously Tyrion has the motivation and desire to get revenge on his older sis but i don't think a dwarf could overpower a physcopath like Cersei.(The Valonqar is said to choke Cersei to death).

I believe the younger bro(the valonqar) who kills Cersei will be King Tommon, Jofferys younger bro. I heard this theory somewhere a while ago and really liked it, Cersei is forcing her son to beat poor little pate so as he grows and matures he will have to realise his mother is a complete nutter.

I think this theory is a little crackpot but you never know with GRRM, never let your guard down!#

Lemme know what ya'll think of my shitty theory

The idea that it could be Tommen is a very interesting one! I had not considered that possibility. The only issue I have with it is that I don’t think that, at his current age/size, Tommen would be capable of physically over-powering his mother. A growth spurt is certainly possible OR the next few novels could cover more than one or two years, making Tommen into a strong teenager.

Personally, I firmly believe it will be Jamie. I have a hard time putting into words exactly why, though. I just feel like it would be the ultimate downfall for Cersei and that she would not see it coming until it was too late!

However, if Cersei continues to be the well-behaved Queen Mother she was in her last appearance in ADWD, then I really have no idea who would strangle her. BUT I feel almost completely certain that she will not keep up this subdued act for long at all. The death of Kevan could be enough to make her into her foolishly bold, rash, paranoid, short-sighted self again :)

Only way it's Tommen is if he is UnTommen the wight and thus has superhuman strength. No way a little boy of nine years has the strength in his hands to choke a grown woman to death.

Jaime, Stannis, Aegon, Benjen, a Greyjoy, a Tyrell, or a Kettleblack are better bets.

Jaime only if Myrcella is the YMBQ. Stannis is her younger brother by marriage. Aegon wants revenge, as would Benjen. Victarion has already choked a woman to death. Euron might do it just for fun. Loras (if he's alive) or Garlan are both younger than Willas, and might kill her if Margaery dies. The middle Kettleblack is on the KG, so he has access, and if his little brother dies, he could easily take Cersei out (he's the cruel one of the bunch).

Only way it's Tommen is if he is UnTommen the wight and thus has superhuman strength. No way a little boy of nine years has the strength in his hands to choke a grown woman to death.

Jaime, Stannis, Aegon, Benjen, a Greyjoy, a Tyrell, or a Kettleblack are better bets.

Jaime only if Myrcella is the YMBQ. Stannis is her younger brother by marriage. Aegon wants revenge, as would Benjen. Victarion has already choked a woman to death. Euron might do it just for fun. Loras (if he's alive) or Garlan are both younger than Willas, and might kill her if Margaery dies. The middle Kettleblack is on the KG, so he has access, and if his little brother dies, he could easily take Cersei out (he's the cruel one of the bunch).

Ive never thought about the younger brother being a brother-in-law, its an interesting idea. The kettleblack is also a good theory

Does the prophecy specifically say that it is Cersei's younger bro or just any younger brother??

Archived