ASoIaF Pinnacle of Human Greatness?

Myshkin

I think we can all agree that ASoIaF is the greatest piece of literature in the history of the written word. And I think we all already know, despite the fact that it has not aired yet, that GoT is the best piece of cinamatic art to ever grace the screen, big or small. So I posit that due to its utter dominance in two artistic mediums ASoIaF is the single greatest artistic endeavor in all of human history. Now you might be saying "tell us something we don't know", so I will go further; I argue that ASoIaF is the greatest thing ever known to man. Nothing ever invented, created, or discovered is better than ASoIaF. Try to argue with that, I dare you. And if you happen to believe any part of what I just said, please post your agreement in this thread, rather than creating a new thread about it. Now let's see how long it takes for the trolls to start hating. Go ahead trolls, I've done my research, you can't assail my factual position!

What can I say? When you're right, you're right.

At least about the books. To me it is the greatest literature ever created. It's shockingly good.

Too early yet to judge the TV series. It will probably be good, but I doubt it will live up to the greatness of the books. I know they already screwed up Catelyn Stark's (I hate her) character by making her oppose Ned's (RIP) move to King's Landing.

"Of course the tallest monument in Paris is the Eiffel Tower, named for the visionary engineer who designed it, Fred Tower. The good news is, there are elevators to the top. The bad news is, pretty much the entire tourist population of Europe is up there taking flash pictures of itself. There are so many people crowded into the smallish observation area that you get the feeling, crazy as it seems, that the whole darned Eiffel Tower is going to topple over. Ha ha! In fact this has happened only twice since 1991."

Too early yet to judge the TV series. It will probably be good, but I doubt it will live up to the greatness of the books. I know they already screwed up Catelyn Stark's (I hate her) character by making her oppose Ned's (RIP) move to King's Landing.

Don't be a pessimist, I've seen the trailers, I know greatness when I see it.

definitely best genre fiction but greatest peice of literature is a stretch lets wait till its finished before we judge

Name one book that's better. Les Miserables? Anna Karenina? The Da Vinci Code? All great novels, all utter trash when compared to ASoIaF.

I happen to agree with your wonderfully constructed collection of consecutive organized words, though Sliced Bread might disagree.

Fuck sliced bread. I slice my own bread!

well Da Vinci Code is pretty terrible so i'll leave that one, i think War and Peace is better also Shakespeare ( which can kinda be counted as literature) this isn't doubting that ASOIAF is awesome it's just in order for it to be great the ending needs to be as great as the beginning

You are incorrect sir. The Great Gatsby is the greatest thing ever made ever in the history of ever.

lololololol

The great who? Never heard of him, and frankly don't much care for his work.

"Of course the tallest monument in Paris is the Eiffel Tower, named for the visionary engineer who designed it, Fred Tower. The good news is, there are elevators to the top. The bad news is, pretty much the entire tourist population of Europe is up there taking flash pictures of itself. There are so many people crowded into the smallish observation area that you get the feeling, crazy as it seems, that the whole darned Eiffel Tower is going to topple over. Ha ha! In fact this has happened only twice since 1991."

WTF are you talking about? The Eiffel Tower is pretty cool I guess, but it can't even compare to ASoIaF in terms of greatness.

well Da Vinci Code is pretty terrible so i'll leave that one, i think War and Peace is better also Shakespeare ( which can kinda be counted as literature) this isn't doubting that ASOIAF is awesome it's just in order for it to be great the ending needs to be as great as the beginning

What did you ever write that was better than the Da Vinci Code? Tolstoy is a badass (but not as awesome as GRRM), but shakespeare is a screenwriter at best. There's really no comparison, even if the story doesn't have an end yet. And really shakespeare sucked at endings anyway.

What did you ever write that was better than the Da Vinci Code? Tolstoy is a badass (but not as awesome as GRRM), but shakespeare is a screenwriter at best. There's really no comparison, even if the story doesn't have an end yet. And really shakespeare sucked at endings anyway.

well im pretty sure if i was a writer i could crap out something better then the Da Vinci Code, as for Tolstoy vs GRRM, George may write about feudal politics but Tolstoy

lived it. Disagree with u about Shakespeare but that ones a matter of opinion the rest of this is fact ={D

Are you a virgin?

I totally did Jennifer Connelly, but it happened off screen so you might not have seen it.

well im pretty sure if i was a writer i could crap out something better then the Da Vinci Code, as for Tolstoy vs GRRM, George may write about feudal politics but Tolstoy

lived it. Disagree with u about Shakespeare but that ones a matter of opinion the rest of this is fact ={D

Yeah, I'm sure you're a better writer than best-selling author Dan Brown. And I don't see what Tolstoy's living conditions have to do with anything. And everyone knows that Shakespeare was a talentless hack whose reputation was built on the back of British colonial rule.

Yeah, I'm sure you're a better writer than best-selling author Dan Brown. And I don't see what Tolstoy's living conditions have to do with anything. And everyone knows that Shakespeare was a talentless hack whose reputation was built on the back of British colonial rule.

im starting to think that ure a troll

im starting to think that ure a troll

Maybe I get a little worked up over ASoIaF, but that hardly makes me a troll. Plus I have like 3700 posts or something and you only have 6. Who's the troll?

Archived