Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

1 players have not voted: Quick Ben.

EVERYTIME A VOTECOUNT PASSES WITHOUT YOU VOTING A BABY PANDA DIES. DO YOU WANT THAT?

Rake

Fiddler

Tehol

Icarium then.

I think. I'm not sure. Yedan might be above Fiddler and Tehol.

Rake is far and away the best lynch. It is known.

My order for today is Fids > Tehol > Rake but I'd do any of the three to get it done. Yedarm and Incarium get a pass from for for today. Did anyone re-read the Fids lynch train to see if there is anything helpful there? I didn't get a chance and am likely cell phone only access through the rest of game day so won't be able to.

Someone help me here: Either Maybe I'm going insane but I swore there was a part in Tehol's argument against Fiddler where he mentioned Fiddler trying to make sure we didn't speed lynch anyone day 1. I thought I quoted the right post but now I can't find it... it's important I find it; I have a point I really want to make.

But I didn't know this.

Ok, so I was completely unclear. Too bad. Well, I was quite angry, feeling somewhat betrayed.

When I've seen morning scene, I glanced at bolded parts at first, and there were two players gone; my first thought was about vig kill, what else could make a second corpse? Only then I've read the whole scene and realized that Toc wasn't dead. I couldn't stop considering vig kill after that, especially with Kalam's kill being so strange.

No. After he named his heal, my doubts have gone.

OK, after this post Icarium has slipped down a tier for me, I can buy his explanation. There's still the things Silchas and QB brought up against him, but while I tried to ignore it in favour of solid evidence, my 'gut' response to Icarium's posts this game has been that he's innocent. I'll vote for him today if I have to, but I prefer not having to.

As for Karsa, I have a hard time believing WJ would put in an evil vig into the game. Just can't see it.

No? I think a game like this is all about playing with peoples expectations... perhaps an evil vig and a good poisoner. The D'ivers role is certainly an ambiguous one.

I really like how you play, and I agree with everything you wrote (instead of a lot of other, where I can find a lot of unlogical.

But I still have some problems with understanding - nobody suspects any tricks in healer, D'ivers(very-very-very strong role) and vig playing for innocents.

I wouldn't say that no one is finding this suspicious, but what do you want us to do? Lynch all three on the chance one of them is bad? To me it makes more sense to wait a little while and see how this all plays out.

I will say this though, if there's a vig in the game, you need to act tonight. If there's a poisoner, you need to counter-claim Karsa NOW; There's a good possibility you'd be killed before your power takes effect.

And, yeah, Tehol, if you want to add Yedan into equation:

Rake

Tehol/Yedan

Fidler

Not me.

I had no time to reread either Tehol or Yedan because of... er, getting drunken. I feel somewhat sorry about this, but I was quite sure I won't budge from Rake after my Fiddler's reread.

God, I am so dumb sometimes. Gruntle could of just voted Silchas yesterday to protect Dassem.

Gruntle can't be evil unless Silchas is.

I thought we were going to lynch an innoecent yesterday because no one was defending Silchas or Dassem. But what if both were evil?

So, this will be my last post for the day. Well, maybe one or two more in few minutes... Last coherent substantial post, anyway. Been drinking a bit, so this probably isn't worth publishing or anything.

I'll pre-emptively get my last words out, just in case. Obviously I'm roleless. That didn't stop being a thing.

I kind of feel most productive analysis occurs when votes go down, and that's not really happened yet to any serious degree, but my thoughts right now:

• Icarium bothers me.
  • I don't really trust Beddict. While his spike in production could be time related, he will bear close watching in future days.
  • I still have a kind of innocent feeling about Fiddler, but I don't even know if that's based on anything any more. Not going to reread him now, so that's in your collective hands.
  • Silchas I still lean towards probably innocent now due to some stuff regarding the Dassem lynch I think I posted ages ago? But then he says stuff... Has a knack for looking bad maybe?

• Don't know what to make of Yedan and Sandalath. I think Sandy looks good from the lynch, but not from much else.
  • Dunno what to make of our D'ivers friend yet either. See if it's permanent first, I suppose. I hope he's not evil, because the first death won't come with a coroner's verdict, which means killing him is a two day proposition.

• I like Gruntle. I like Quick Ben. I like Trull and the new improved Onos. But none of this is controversial.
  • Karsa I like too, but maybe should post more now that he's the revealed vigilante? I'm a little paranoid here because a vig that uses their kill on the same night that the FM miss always lends to that kind of thinking. I don't think night 1 is the time for that sort of stunt though, so maybe I don't feel all that bad? :unsure:

I think that's everyone. Nothing in there is earth shattering, but what can you do. I'm tired and a bit tipsy. Try not to be lazy tomorrow because I think we were a bit today.

So basically, you think Icarium is guilty and you don't trust me so maybe I'm guilty as well. No one else is really suspicious? Ok.

Definitely need to consolidate right now.

People voting for Rake, would you be willing to vote for Fiddler, Icarium or myself?

Same question for people voting me. Would you be willing to vote for Rake, Fiddler and Icarium?

Iccy.

Tehol.

Fiddler.

That's mine. If there's nothing for Iccy, I'll swap to Tehol I guess, but that will need to be obvious soon cos I'm sleepy.

Yeah, see the thing about the Karsa claim is it's *possible* it's a gambit set-up after losing the partner day 1, but I don't know. I certainly don't think he's an FM vig, you don't claim that, you unleash death on the innocents and kill off their stronger members (or should).

If there's an *actual* vig they would shoot him though which is why it'd be so risky to fakeclaim it as FM.

God, I am so dumb sometimes. Gruntle could of just voted Silchas yesterday to protect Dassem.

Gruntle can't be evil unless Silchas is.

I thought we were going to lynch an innoecent yesterday because no one was defending Silchas or Dassem. But what if both were evil?

Read Silchias' vote on Daseem. Does it look like a bus? To me it doesn't. But of course you have your pet scum team theory so :P

Hold on Trull i remember that post too.

Ugh, sorry, I fell asleep in the middle of writing a big post on Icarium last night, too. I hate being such a slacker.

I...um, kind of see the LOGIC behind Sandalath's Gruntle case--actually, I was a bit paranoid of Gruntle on D1, as I mentioned in a thoughts post. (He definitely does not get innocent credit from me for refusing to explain a vote, because I know some people do that as either alignment.) But his posts today have felt a lot more in-your-face and natural, and the vote count analysis was good. I definitely wouldn't lynch him today.

Right now, I want to vote Icarium, although I just want to see the vote count on the off-chance he's at L-1. I'll try to make a more formal case on him before the deadline.

That said, like I mentioned last night, I'm uneasy with Anomander's hop onto the wagon. At the beginning of the day, he thought the scum was clearly Yedem. But his shift to Icarium when it looked like there was actual momentum against him made me wary.

I don't like this post. He latched right onto QB's theory without truly reading it through as QB's theory is rather wrong. Icarium said he wouldn't have the balls, not that FM wouldn't never ever do it as QB pointed out.

Firstly, I think it's nitpicky, because this is an alted game. IIRC, his original post was a WIFOM-laden defence that we should clear him for having switched to Dassem. It was only later that I showed the same defence could be used to clear most of his suspects--to which he replied, "Yeah, but I'm OBVIOUSLY a different player, so you should take my word for it."

Secondly...

...this is annoying. I can't really elaborate much on this.

All right, Tehol. You say you agree with the case on Icarium, right? (You're not voting for him, mind you.)

I take it Icarium strikes you as the kind of timid player who would never ever distance, right? Because he doesn't have enough balls?

Even though he tried to emphasize before how stubborn he is?

Seriously, I do not understand where this leap of logic came from. Show me the relevant quotes proving that Icarium was ALWAYS discussing himself as a player, and not optimal FM strategy. I don't like at all that you're defending him from this point (even though you apparently agree with the case on him).

Someone help me here: Either Maybe I'm going insane but I swore there was a part in Tehol's argument against Fiddler where he mentioned Fiddler trying to make sure we didn't speed lynch anyone day 1. I thought I quoted the right post but now I can't find it... it's important I find it; I have a point I really want to make.

It's in the middle of my reread of Fiddler. I said he was defending against a speed lynch as he said something like "I don't want today to end in a speed lynch".

So basically, you think Icarium is guilty and you don't trust me so maybe I'm guilty as well. No one else is really suspicious? Ok.

Don't know about Fiddler. Haven't reread. Won't tonight. But yeah. Nobody else is really that bothersome to me right now beyond vague unease. There's only 2 FM left anyway, so...

I...um, kind of see the LOGIC behind Sandalath's Gruntle case--actually, I was a bit paranoid of Gruntle on D1, as I mentioned in a thoughts post. (He definitely does not get innocent credit from me for refusing to explain a vote, because I know some people do that as either alignment.) But his posts today have felt a lot more in-your-face and natural, and the vote count analysis was good. I definitely wouldn't lynch him today.

There's like a far better reason to consider me Innocent than this but OK, although I'd never bother with that VCA as scum, even though it was kinda fun to do. Yeah obviously unexplained votes isn't a town tell, I don't think anyone's trying to say it is though?

Firstly, I think it's nitpicky, because this is an alted game. IIRC, his original post was a WIFOM-laden defence that we should clear him for having switched to Dassem. It was only later that I showed the same defence could be used to clear most of his suspects--to which he replied, "Yeah, but I'm OBVIOUSLY a different player, so you should take my word for it."

Secondly...

...this is annoying. I can't really elaborate much on this.

All right, Tehol. You say you agree with the case on Icarium, right? (You're not voting for him, mind you.)

I take it Icarium strikes you as the kind of timid player who would never ever distance, right? Because he doesn't have enough balls?

Even though he tried to emphasize before how stubborn he is?

Seriously, I do not understand where this leap of logic came from. Show me the relevant quotes proving that Icarium was ALWAYS discussing himself as a player, and not optimal FM strategy. I don't like at all that you're defending him from this point (even though you apparently agree with the case on him).

What does an alted game have to do with anything? Your whole theory was predicated on Icarium saying that FM would NEVER EVER vote for his partner. Icarium never said that. He said that he wouldn't have the balls to change to his partner at that point. I'm not saying he doesn't have the balls or not. I never agreed with his statement or disagreed with it. I'm questioning your overblown misrepresentation of what he actually said and Fiddlers very quick acceptance of the theory without actually reading the relevant quotes. That's all.

As for Icarium, yes I agree with the case but if you actually read any of my posts, you'd realize that I like the case on Rake and Fiddler more hence why my vote is on my top suspect. Was it really necessary to throw in a "he likes the case but isn't voting" type of offhand remark when it's clear why I'm not voting him?

Yeah, see the thing about the Karsa claim is it's *possible* it's a gambit set-up after losing the partner day 1, but I don't know. I certainly don't think he's an FM vig, you don't claim that, you unleash death on the innocents and kill off their stronger members (or should).

If there's an *actual* vig they would shoot him though which is why it'd be so risky to fakeclaim it as FM.

I said this on day 1:

Since Karsa bothers me, I did a reread to try and find a solid reason why.

He comes in and places a RP vote on Trull, does another RP posts and 30 minutes after his first post, makes the one below:

I just can’t get past the idea of posting without reading your role. What I really feel is that he wants it on record that he has a role.

More RP; Then he has the post where he quotes all of Kalam’s posts and calls it:

2 things bother me about this: the list of quotes with just a comment about it’s general lack of content instead of individual comments, and 2) the almost “afterthought” of the Onos comment, with nothing to back it up.

For the most part, the rest of his posts are a combination of fluff and asking others questions. He agrees with Anomander Rake about Silchas being wishy-washy (a child of 10 would be wise enough to agree with that)

I definitely would lynch Karsa.

He didn't want to hide his role; He wanted everyone to know it. Why would the FM kill QB? They knew there was a healer, so they killed Kalam and Karsa claimed it.

Karsa

I'll know for sure on Silchas tomorrow.

I said this on day 1:

He didn't want to hide his role; He wanted everyone to know it. Why would the FM kill QB? They knew there was a healer, so they killed Kalam and Karsa claimed it.

Karsa

I'll know for sure on Silchas tomorrow.

Dude, Karsa isn't a potential lynch target today. Try focusing on the people who are. Me, Rake, Fiddler, Icarium, Yedan.

Archived