Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

I'm not a fan of the Dany mob. Somebody explain how his actions fit with FM.

It fits with FM who feels unable to look innocentish, so reproduces another player's style.

Onus' play in last game made many players trusting him, so it's logical enough to imitate this.

I am keeping my vote on Varys even though I was the first to put the vote on him. The possible presence of a beserker must not cause the first voter to pull their vote when a lynch is imminent. IMO, it would be not be smart for a FM to put the first vote on someone due to the points previously highlighted by Drogo but if they felt strongly about someone being a FM, they would be a quick 2nd or 3rd vote.

BTW, I cannot stop looking at Dany

Ros, are you suspicious of Varys, and if so why? I don't believe you have given a reason outside of RP. This seems to me like you are trying to say 'look at me, I'm not scared of the berserker, so I can't be FM'.

On Dany, I agree with Cersei. Her actions are not helpful, but don't strike me as evidence of guilt. Sansa's removal is more suspicious.

A new day comes, and though I sleep my little birds come to serve me breakfast and slip secrets into my hands.

What have you all been up to then?

Because I wanted a lynch train on Eddard. He had the most votes. Just noting I didn't like Sansa's comment.

You are a bloodthirsty one! You want a lynch train, and any old one will do it seems! Back the favored horse! But they who would back the favored horse will get little returns on their bet, and they who would lynch without preference or opinion may easily see the noose swing around their neck.

I'm not making a judgment on Varys being lynched merely stating that I will maintain where my vote is even though there is a threat of being "beserked?" as the first voter.

As Syrio points out, there is little to be said for this vote other than taking very well calculated chances. You could leave it in its place if you find me to be suspect or move it if you find someone else suspect, yet I guess you must be undecided.

If we are one vote away from a lynch, I would rather not see the first voter to remove their vote out of fear of lynching the berserker and then being killed themselves.

Indeed, for once the first voter had removed his vote, the second voter would become the first voter and then feel compelled to remove his, and thus all voters would remove their votes and none would be had. What a humorous game of mafia that would be!

I'm not concerned about Varys changing his vote. His vote on me was an RP joke vote. I assumed it would be moved.

Dany's moves are a bit more suspicious to me. And her follow up explanations haven't clarified her shift. It sucessfully drew attention to herself and off of Varys. Possible sympy symp.

Then maybe you do have reason for concern? For symps have masters, and these masters plot sinister schemes. Though these may not be wise words considering I'm everyone's favorite Spider, I propose we test symp theories on the masters, otherwise the coroner, which is a lazy one which may procrastinate or even perendinate its verdict, will not give us useful information. Wrong or right we'll be none the wiser, and we might want to be.

But Sansa's is the most concerning to me. She withdrew her vote from "bandwagon" unnecessarily' date=' then disappeared. Tho we are into RP she made no attempt to assist the innos by placing her vote elsewhere. Instead she's sitting back looking for perhaps a more opportune time to place her vote. As far as Day 1 goes, that's better than random.org.[/quote']

Your own daughter?! Tut tut. I find the picture you paint of Sansa slightly self-serving. She sits back, removed from the action, awaiting an opening which might allow her to strike against us rather than, she's busy, or sleeping. Better than random might still be poor play, and your vote seems as opportunistic as you would accuse others of being, searching for a reason rather than coping with a lack of evidence.

I think my vote might flutter back to perch on your shoulder Eddard Stark.

It fits with FM who feels unable to look innocentish, so reproduces another player's style.

Onus' play in last game made many players trusting him, so it's logical enough to imitate this.

An FM who is unable to appear innocent is in dire straits indeed! Though this may seem a two faced answer, I think we should loose a little more rope for our horse lady (not to be confused with our horse-faced lady) that she may tie it into a bridle or a noose, as she sees fit.

My problem with Daenerys is that I can't help shake a "too evil to be evil" ploy. I have to admit it makes more sense as a symp than a killer, but I'm not convinced I know who the master is, so a safer vote is one placed on what looks like it could be part of the killers voting bloc.

That said, I am still waiting on my dear sister. She's firmly on the same tier as Daeny right now.

Either would be better than a random.org. I have to admit I need to re-read the thread though, as I don't really understand the case on Varys or Drogo.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister.)

3 votes for Lord Varys (Ros, Renly Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo, Eddard Stark)

1 vote for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys)

1 vote for Khal Drogo (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Ros (Syrio Forel)

2 players have not voted: Jorah Mormont, Sansa Stark.

My problem with Daenerys is that I can't help shake a "too evil to be evil" ploy.

If the too evil to be evil are indeed, evil, what a terrible conundrum! We shall have to start suspecting the too good to be evil next :P

I have to admit it makes more sense as a symp than a killer, but I'm not convinced I know who the master is, so a safer vote is one placed on what looks like it could be part of the killers voting bloc.

Day one as it may be, the Daenerys symp theory still makes much less sense to me than the Daenerys is acting really weird theory. I think Tyrion's view on her is the only really convincing one regarding potential guilt.

All this is slightly self-serving, though, but then I have privileged information, of course :P.

That said, I am still waiting on my dear sister. She's firmly on the same tier as Daeny right now.

We all seem to be playing the waiting game. This is a pity, as no one seems to be around when I have plenty of time to play and we don't get the benefit of all those fascinating opinions waiting to be had. Many whispers will be heard when poor Varys is laying his head on a pillow of feathers, and only his little birds are around to collect snippets of information. Some of our players seem to have decided to join the silent sisters, which might be a sad vocation for such gallant fellows.

Either would be better than a random.org. I have to admit I need to re-read the thread though, as I don't really understand the case on Varys or Drogo.

Better than random.org is a rather poor standard, even for day one. Your re-read do you any good?

You are all correct, I do not have much of anything on anyone. Varys was an easy choice to put pressure on becaues he was quick to respond and was posting enough that you could find something "evil" about him.

Sansa's removal of her vote due to reasons of bandwagon does seem rather suspect, yet I feel like it has to do more with D1 jitters than the fear of a partner being lynched. If she was protecting Varys, she could have still waited longer and removed her vote without drawing suspicion. I don't feel like this latest move to Dany is grounded much either.

Although posting a lot may be a way for a FM to stay alive, I would still rather have a huge poster around than someone who is not communicating at all. The more posts, the greater chance to catch someone in a lie.

For this reason and the fact I may not be able to get back on before night falls, I will remove vote.

I will keep up as much as possible over the next 10 hours and try to post when work allows.

Is everyone playing new to Westeros or what? I voted a person because I was jealous of the way they RP'ed. Since when does such a vote require explaining when it is removed. If I left it there I would be under more sever questioning.

ok, bandwagon was an exaggeration, but look at the reason for the vote in the first place. :rolleyes:

For the record, I knew I would be gone about 10 hours as I dealt with RL and was not leaving a joke vote on someone who collected voted very quickly.

But in all seriousness, since when is 3 a bandwagon, even in non serious time? Possible early distancing* followed by distancing?

Seriously, jokes aside, I'd love an explanation here. Why was it a bandwagon, why did it worry you enough to make you back off, and why does it always rain on me?

*not that we'd take a roleplay joke seriously anyway

Is it the bandwagon that makes you uncomfortable, or is it the berserker role, Sansa?

Didn't realize this was confirmed. Now I'm scared, shaking in my boots.

I'm sticking with Varys, either one way or another, there's been a fair amount of suspicious voting on him.

Edited because I can't spell to save my life, but don't want to look like just another fabulous face.

So you are voting him because people are suspiciously voting him?

What have you got about competing vote trains? It forces people to choose and the more people voting gives us more info to analyze later.

I have no problems completing trains. I have problems with people taking RP votes seriously and inventing false reasons to vote.

With more than 20 hours to go, there was no chance of an (to use your very words) imminent lynch.

We have about 20 hours until the end of day. No lynch is imminent.

I'd like to see a little more pressure on a few other candidates myself. Dany and Sansa have generously offered up what passes for first day suspicious acts, but we have very few posts from several of our party. With board issues and geography taken for granted, I still want to see more of Jorah and Tyrion.

Since when is removing a joke vote a suspicious act?

I'm not concerned about Varys changing his vote. His vote on me was an RP joke vote. I assumed it would be moved.

Dany's moves are a bit more suspicious to me. And her follow up explanations haven't clarified her shift. It sucessfully drew attention to herself and off of Varys. Possible sympy symp.

But Sansa's is the most concerning to me. She withdrew her vote from "bandwagon" unnecessarily, then disappeared. Tho we are into RP she made no attempt to assist the innos by placing her vote elsewhere. Instead she's sitting back looking for perhaps a more opportune time to place her vote. As far as Day 1 goes, that's better than random.org.

Sansa Stark

Eddard Stark

Sorry but this is not OMGUS. This is based on you creating a case based on my removal of a joke vote. It is your reaction to that that really bothers me.

And you need to explain the part I underlined. Dany is more suspicious, but you voted me?

And you need to explain the part I underlined. Dany is more suspicious, but you voted me?

Though I don't really like answering for others, the referrant for the sentence you underline is clearly the former Varys rather than the later Sansa.

I agree Eddard's case on you seems slightly contrived, though, so otherwise please carry on.

Then don't you think that if I'm unable to look innocent, I'll be pretty obvious when we start getting very serious?

Then don't you think that if I'm unable to look innocent, I'll be pretty obvious when we start getting very serious?

And yet he may think that you're obvious enough for a day one lynch. In a basket of unripe fruit, the sweetest morsel may yet be bitter, but it can't complain if it gets eaten first.

Flippancy is a prerrogative of kings and queens, yet mayhap here it does you a disservice M'Lady.

If you would live out the day, then giving your votes a clear voice, rather than merely voting for the strongest lynch contender throwing caution to the wind and the very purpose of this little game of ours with it might be a sound idea.

A queen of the dothrakhi must ride in the front of the khalasar, not follow behind with the baggage and slaves!

Em, someone here asked me before whether my vote against Dany had been serious or not. So, at first it was just a random choice, it's clear, but now I don't feel inclined to change it, because this person's demeanour seems unreasonable and also a bit nervous to me. For example, there came a long post from Arya Stark addressing Dany containing a lot of reasoning and ending with the question "Would you tell us who your masters are?" or something like this, and her only answer to this was "no". Actually most of the mafia games that I've played before were the "live" once, and there such an answer could certainly mean that the person is being nervous and not knowing what's the better way to act, which usually meant that he was mafia. But it's also a likely behaviour for a novice, though.

I also have a question to, if I remember it right, Eddard Stark. Was it you who's written that it was not a big danger for the FM clan to lose it's member in the first day? It just seems a bit strange to me, because in the games I took part in before (on another forum) that kinda thing was usually quite a threat.

Another thing that I'd like to know: What's the usual proportion of the FM players in the game(if there is one, of course)?

Em, someone here asked me before whether my vote against Dany had been serious or not. So, at first it was just a random choice, it's clear, but now I don't feel inclined to change it, because this person's demeanour seems unreasonable and also a bit nervous to me. For example, there came a long post from Arya Stark addressing Dany containing a lot of reasoning and ending with the question "Would you tell us who your masters are?" or something like this, and her only answer to this was "no". Actually most of the mafia games that I've played before were the "live" once, and there such an answer could certainly mean that the person is being nervous and not knowing what's the better way to act, which usually meant that he was mafia. But it's also a likely behaviour for a novice, though.

I also have a question to, if I remember it right, Eddard Stark. Was it you who's written that it was not a big danger for the FM clan to lose it's member in the first day? It just seems a bit strange to me, because in the games I took part in before (on another forum) that kinda thing was usually quite a threat.

Another thing that I'd like to know: What's the usual proportion of the FM players in the game(if there is one, of course)?

This isn't a live game. If I wanted to answer, I could have taken all the time in the world to formulate the perfect response.

In a game like this, most likely 2 FM/1 symp with the symp potentially being promotable.

At 14 players, no more than 3 evils. I'd guess 2 killers + symp or 1 killer + 1 promotable symp + 1 regular symp.

You are a sleeper agent. The mods have given you the worst possible role. At the beginning of the game, you have no special powers or abilities. You will be told the identity of all the evil-aligned players in the game, though no other evil-aligned player knows you exist, and you may not communicate with any of them. If investigated by a Finder or an Understudy during this time, you will be reported (wrongly) as a member of the innocent faction. On the morning of day 4 (or at any point before this if the number of killers in the game falls to one), you will be promoted. At this point, you will become an ordinary killer (and will be correctly identified as evil if you are investigated by a Finder or an Understudy after you are promoted). Note that if you are investigated by a Finder or an Understudy prior to being promoted, the Finder or Understudy will not be informed of the promotion.

There will be more than one regular killer in a 14 player game. The role specifies it as well. So if it is in the game, there has to be a minimum of 2 killers.

Archived