Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

KHAL DROGO

What do you think of Varys?

No substantial opinion yet. He's been friendly and seems to be enjoying the game early on, which is always great. I think he backpedalled interestingly on me, but I don't really make anything of that. Clearly, he was avoiding conflict, but then, from my point of view, he was barking up a non-existent tree anyway, so him backing off is fine by me. Iirc, that was the only thing of substance in his game so far.

We have no idea is berzerker is being used or not. On Day 1, with all 14 players, it seems a bit remote of a chance to be concerned about for Innos.

That is why I am hoping people dont pull their votes out of fear from the berserker. In my opinion, it does not matter what day it is because the thrat of a berserker will not be known until it happens, or until the game ends and it hasnt happened. At no point are we going to have knowledge of a berserker without it having happened.

No substantial opinion yet. He's been friendly and seems to be enjoying the game early on, which is always great. I think he backpedalled interestingly on me, but I don't really make anything of that. Clearly, he was avoiding conflict, but then, from my point of view, he was barking up a non-existent tree anyway, so him backing off is fine by me. Iirc, that was the only thing of substance in his game so far.

Ohhhhh so this didn't bother you at all

3 votes for Eddard Stark (Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Cersei Lannister)

The undoubted sparsity of evidence at this point in the game hardly justifies this defensiveness against a pretty innocuous comment Drogo.

:stunned:

Because earlier you were all up in Sansa's grill bout the same thing.

Is it the bandwagon that makes you uncomfortable, or is it the berserker role, Sansa?

KHAL DROGO

I am keeping my vote on Varys even though I was the first to put the vote on him. The possible presence of a beserker must not cause the first voter to pull their vote when a lynch is imminent. IMO, it would be not be smart for a FM to put the first vote on someone due to the points previously highlighted by Drogo but if they felt strongly about someone being a FM, they would be a quick 2nd or 3rd vote.

BTW, I cannot stop looking at Dany

I dislike that you're acting as if a lynch is imminent. This isn't that small of a game, so three votes is hardly a death sentence, especially when we've only recently gotten serious. Obviously, you're not the one in the (very mild) fire, but the hastiness is still strange. Varys isn't your partner, is he? That wasn't a distancing vote gone awry?

Also, what? "If an FM felt strongly about someone being an FM"? Considering that they know their partners, I guess they would feel quite strongly on that matter, wouldn't they?

What do you think of Dany? I understand the Moon of my life is gorgeous, but there must be more to it than that.

<stuff--I'm not bothering collecting the quotes-within-the-quote>

Well, no. I'm not concerned. Sansa removed vote because she specifically didn't want to be on a lynch "train." Now why would anyone feel uncomfortable in such a small lynch mob? Only someone that was too concerned about berserkers, imo, and I personally don't think innocents are that worried about them at this stage when we have some numerical safety. Varys changed votes because he thought I'd been suspicious. I'm not going to spend the entire game flipping out on people that change their votes for a valid(ish, it's Day 1, after all) reason.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

3 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark)

3 votes for Lord Varys (Ros, Renly Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen)

2 votes for Khal Drogo (Lord Varys, Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Petyr Baelish (Syrio Forel)

1 vote for Ros (Tyrion Lannister.)

1 vote for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo)

1 vote for Tyrion Lannister. (Eddard Stark)

2 players have not voted: Jorah Mormont, Sansa Stark.

Well, no. I'm not concerned. Sansa removed vote because she specifically didn't want to be on a lynch "train." Now why would anyone feel uncomfortable in such a small lynch mob? Only someone that was too concerned about berserkers, imo, and I personally don't think innocents are that worried about them at this stage when we have some numerical safety. Varys changed votes because he thought I'd been suspicious. I'm not going to spend the entire game flipping out on people that change their votes for a valid(ish, it's Day 1, after all) reason.

Subtle spiders spin webs of silk?

Hypocritical horselords might have to hang.

I dislike that you're acting as if a lynch is imminent. This isn't that small of a game, so three votes is hardly a death sentence, especially when we've only recently gotten serious. Obviously, you're not the one in the (very mild) fire, but the hastiness is still strange. Varys isn't your partner, is he? That wasn't a distancing vote gone awry?

Also, what? "If an FM felt strongly about someone being an FM"? Considering that they know their partners, I guess they would feel quite strongly on that matter, wouldn't they?

What do you think of Dany? I understand the Moon of my life is gorgeous, but there must be more to it than that.

lynches are imminent in a way (unless we vote night). I should clarify what I was saying: If we are one vote away from a lynch, I would rather not see the first voter to remove their vote out of fear of lynching the berserker and then being killed themselves. I was not referring to a specific lynching of any player, just a general observation.

as of now shes just gorgeous, not much to go on.

I'm not concerned about Varys changing his vote. His vote on me was an RP joke vote. I assumed it would be moved.

Dany's moves are a bit more suspicious to me. And her follow up explanations haven't clarified her shift. It sucessfully drew attention to herself and off of Varys. Possible sympy symp.

But Sansa's is the most concerning to me. She withdrew her vote from "bandwagon" unnecessarily, then disappeared. Tho we are into RP she made no attempt to assist the innos by placing her vote elsewhere. Instead she's sitting back looking for perhaps a more opportune time to place her vote. As far as Day 1 goes, that's better than random.org.

Sansa Stark

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Jaime Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister.)

3 votes for Lord Varys (Ros, Renly Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen)

2 votes for Khal Drogo (Lord Varys, Cersei Lannister)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Khal Drogo, Eddard Stark)

1 vote for Petyr Baelish (Syrio Forel)

2 players have not voted: Jorah Mormont, Sansa Stark.

Archived