Mafia 82: Halloween at Lany's Haunted House

House Targaryen

Sorry All,

Recently had a family emergency and this game just went to the side, that and being in a different time zone made it a bit awkward, Sorry for being silent this last 15 hours.

I only have a few minutes so I shall quickly sum up my feelings and if i don't finish I will get back to it later.

I am starting to think that princess is not a role less innocent but I believe she is not a FM either (Maybe a Medium or a Sympathiser) Which may explain her actions earlier in the thread.

Wolfly i believe is on the Innocent team at the moment

Genie I would be annoyed if s/he is actually FM, Best observation i can leave is how entertaining s/he is. (IMO Inno)

Count i believe is Inno

Cowboy I believe is Inno

Fairy I have no idea about, I need more evidence or information

I have a feeling that Blacky is on the killing team, I do not know how best to describe it aside from a gut feeling. (On my suspect list)

I find it a fair bit suspicious that Lil Devil stood by his vote on Wolffy since the very beginning

Err, Wolfy is clearly far too keen. Everyone knows that if you post in the thread three times in a row, it can only be because, er, you want to swamp the thread so that we can't find the real killers. Ergo, something.

He is on my suspect list

Bunny i don't know where or what s/he is, I need to keep an eye on future posts to make my decision. (I am leaning more towards innocent team then killing team with bunny)

Soldier Boy (Will get to later)

CB Ghost (Will get to later)

I was going to save this for after night ends, buy my Internet access may be sporadic until Saturday night.

FTR I don't believe this is any different than you saying you're forcing stuff. Do you disagree?

I wouldn't have known at the time. People were saying part of the case on Blacky was that he made a post that sounded forced, and admitted it when called on it. Reading it over, I don't think it's the same thing (since I think forcing conversation just to have something to contribute is worse than forcing the conversation to get the game moving). Don't find the post that bad.

And you're innocent because your name isn't in my role PM. Duh.

(Actually, it's because my one reason to suspect you would be that you can fake innocent tells. But so far, you've been controversial and looked as though you were scumhunting and defended your innocent reads very resolutely.)

If you REALLY want me to indulge my paranoia, then why are you defending your top scum read, Blacky? Also, your last post (the one about how Lil Demon is bad for his non-contradiction) felt kind of forced.

And you're innocent because your name isn't in my role PM. Duh.

Omg. It's like I'm talking to myself. I had no idea I was this irritating >_> (this is a joke @ me, I'm a nice person.)

(Actually, it's because my one reason to suspect you would be that you can fake innocent tells. But so far, you've been controversial and looked as though you were scumhunting and defended your innocent reads very resolutely.)

Eh, I was hoping for something less generic but fine. Like 'You're town because you couldn't POSSIBLY be so charismatic as FM and you couldn't...can I hug you Genie? You're the best'

If you REALLY want me to indulge my paranoia, then why are you defending your top scum read, Blacky? Also, your last post (the one about how Lil Demon is bad for his non-contradiction) felt kind of forced.

Yes I do want you to indulge your paranoia, don't let me get sloppy!

Er, you mean contribution? That was actually forced as I was hoping no one would take my 'can't let my fm get lynched' post serious, I realised with no flips I'd prefer to have my alignment be kinda obvious. Though I guess you picking up on it is a good sign mebbe.

Other one ; I'd think it'd actually be townish of me, but I'm not really doing it, or not trying to. Like I'm trying to work out Blackie's alignment, so if he drops a town tell I'll bear it in mind. I'm not actually looking for contrived bullshit reasons to suspect Blackie. If someone votes someone for reasons I disagree with I'll point them out, I think. I'm a good person

I am starting to think that princess is not a role less innocent but I believe she is not a FM either (Maybe a Medium or a Sympathiser) Which may explain her actions earlier in the thread.

OMG WHY WOULD YOU OUT A POSSIBLE FINDER DURING THE NIGHT?

._________________________.

Hello fellow party people! Thanks for not excorcising me yesterday. I had a rough time day yesterday (<-Edit) and fell asleep before lynch time.

Now it's weekend and my to-do list looks as follow:

reread myself in hope to make my thoughts clearer to all the guys that have bad gut feelings about me.

Reread Wolffy: I like to look at the ones who take the lead by many rational (-looking) posts first, they have big influence. And I don't like that he seems to be forced to post and run, checking if this could be some fake excuse.

Reread Cowboy: He's our 2nd "rational leader".

I'll look into the low posters.

I'll look at the whole princess discussion again.

You pass the night in a dreamless sleep and wake to find Lany makng pancakes and sausage for breakfast (the real stuff, not likesome past games :P )

(sorry it is 4:30am)

It is day 2

12 players remain in the game: Blacky, Bunny, CB Ghost, Fairy, Genie, Lil’ Devil, Soldier Boy, The Count, The Cowboy, The Princess, The Witch, Wolffy.

7 votes are needed to lynch or 6 votes to go to night.

I hope there's a good reason you all Blocked my attempts to lynch this vital contributor.

I hope that you have a better explanation for effectively derailing the Blacky lynch other than "i really don't like this momentum shift from frankie to blackie. I always hate late day 1 train derails."

So you risk loosing a lynch just because you hate "late day 1 derails"? Not that you've been one of those who had strong suspicions of Frankie anyway. I might be nitpicking here, but this was the vote count ca. 4-5 hours before the deadline:

3 vote(s) Princess (Fairy, CB Ghost, Frankie)

3 vote(s) Frankie (Blacky, Witch, Princess)

2 vote(s) Wolffy (Lil’Devil, Cowboy)

2 vote(s) Blacky (Genie, Count)

1 vote(s) Count (Bunny)

2 players have not voted: Soldier Boy, Wolffy

So you say it's ok that the votes pile up against Frankie, but not that players decide to vote for Blacky instead? That you felt so strongly that no one may be lynched beside Frankie that you refused to switch your vote? Just because a case has been brought up later in the day does not mean that people shouldn't think about it and change their course of action based on new informations.

ETA: Wow, that came unexpected. :wideeyed:

Pretty sure you spelled Blackie wrong.

This post made me laugh. So much. It hurt.

Phone posting, but i really don't like this momentum shift from frankie to blackie. I always hate late day 1 train derails. I'll reread it tomorrow but will be no part of it.

I expect you to have a very busy day today, then.

I see we lynched. I'm utterly knackered now so haven't picked up much from my brief skim through the thread. Will be back tomorrow some time.

Are you kidding me?

Recently had a family emergency and this game just went to the side, that and being in a different time zone made it a bit awkward, Sorry for being silent this last 15 hours.

snip

:grouphug:

But... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

The Frankie train didn't feel rushed in the end, and I can't say I disagree with it per se, but I don't mind where I left my vote either. Yeah, it was originally placed as a joke vote. Then it turned out to be where I wanted it.

For my first post: I really can't see why it's evil-spirited to joke about Frankie standing cupboard-still instead of Frankie nightvoting after 10 posts. Also: I think cowboy was on it already.

Then the Princess dropped in with her infamous Devil-is-evil vote and after that:

And may I just say, in a game full of monsters, the real monster alt is me.

The rest of you can just go eat cake or something.

I answered to that with this:

*eating cake*

Was that some kind of confession, Princess? [Edit in quote: I meant the "real monster"-statement] I'm thinking of reasons to communicate in a way only certain people would understand. Hm, why would someone do that?

If I got it right, I'm accused of either signalling "message received" here or just cheapshooting. The truth is, I wasn't at all sure what princess meant with her Devil-accusation. Symp occured to me, so I was thinking of a way to bring up the topic. I thought it very unlikely that Lil' devil was sending clues. And I didn't really think she was signalling herself in that way, as it seemed too obvious.

Anyone with eyes and sense can see why Devil looks bad for his vote on wolffy. It isn't communication that only certain people will understand, unless by "certain people" you mean "skilled players with their eyes open and mafia brains engaged". I'm saying no more, for good reason.

I might explain on day 2. :)

That's her answer that at that time confirmed my opinion that she wasn't signalling herself. I thought: Why would she draw attention to that first post by answering my inquiry in a manner that must even draw more attention.

I'll go to my room and look for the other guests on the way. I'll be back when there's new cake.

Then I had to leave. I really like the set up Lany has provided us with, so I think it's a shame people start ignoring it after a while. I'll keep role-playing, once in a while, because it's fun.

Good Meeeewooooooorning!

Not much time since I have to stroll around to catch mice. But I can say this, Wolffy, (w/o quote because I'm lazy): I joke-voted Frankie because the count gave me the set up. Of course I could've taken the "night - bait" but not all kittens are like that you know. Seriously, I thought it was a joke so I didn't bother.

As to my vote on Frankie: When I read up to date just now I really stopped when he voted Princess for the same reason you did. Up to then I was going to change my vote, now I think I'll leave there till I come back.

Since I am ironically doing so for the same reasons you pressured Frankie on, I will explain in my own words right away so you don't have to ask. It feels like he's looking for a reason to put his vote without needing to come up with stuff himself. It's also a second vote on something that could become a bandwaggon. And it's a small unobtrusive post to do so.

ok gotta run, catch up later again.

ETA: typo, and now I'll be late for work :(

Then this is the post I made after waking up, having like 20-30 mins till work, knowing I couldn't participate for another 8 or 9 hours. It was called "forced" and I admitted to that, which apparently makes me look scummy. But think of how it would've been if I hadn't made it. I would've left a joke vote on Frankie for Idk 15, 16 hours. Also: I like to play this game. I had my morning coffee in hand, some minutes left to enjoy myself, so why not drop in to play? As to the contents: I think it's self-explanatory. Wolfy "caught" Frankie parroting him. When I read through the thread in those 30 mins, that was the thing that stroke me as the strangest as well. Now I wanted to say so but had to avoid parroting Wolffy myself. Don't know what's wrong here.

After I posted, I read what Frankie posted while I was busy writing my post, which was:

I personally find Princess's behaviour suspicious because she purposefully revealed that she knew something suspicious that would count against another player, then refused to share it in favor of waiting until tomorrow in order to draw attention to herself and her bullshit, and then nominated him for lynching based on skills and experience so fabulously complicated that she didn't even need to explain herself because it was so glaringly obvious. I also have a rough guess as to why she considers Lil' Devil suspicious and it's not a good reason.

Credibility means that someone is usually trustworthy or accurate in their guesses. Fishing for credibility means attempting to gain it in an incredibly obvious way.

He wrote "in order to draw attention" so thought about reasons to draw attentions. That made me think "Finder" and that was when I came to the conclusion that Princess could very well be a symp, opposite to what I thought (and just wrote) above. But I had to get going.

After the work, this - for obvious reasons - distracted me:

Blacky

well that was easy

I reacted this way:

Hi Genie! Nice to see you around to party with us! Have fun (I can see you do that already)!

because I had no idea what she thought was wrong with me. So I signalled I was there so she could talk to me about it if she even wanted. Some players just like to drop a random vote to create discussion, which is ok, but I rather like it if I'm provided with arguments, so aside of who's evil I don't have to also guess what the innos mean.

Then the count picks up on Genies "thoughts":

Blacky. This post here looks a bit forced to make it look like it's contribution:

[Edit in qoute:I cut out all sorts of stuff, also my Meeeow post he's referring to]

5 minutes later, w/o me answering and with all his other thoughts in mind, he decides like this:

Vote Blacky, although this might be a blind shot.

So I had picked up two votes quickly w/o even really knowing what they were about. So I thought to end this distraction:

votes on me: I can't really defend against Genie because I didn't get what she was bothered by. As to my earlier post that was criticized by Count: I was forcing myself to make any kind of contribution because I hadn't been on for hours and knew I wouldn't be on for another few. There was not much to discuss other than the Princess-thing which I didn't have a final opinion about at that time. So you are partly right - only, I thought it was at least some kind of contribution.

My vote on Frankie: I liked his post just before I left (#71). It made me realize something that I myself didn't think of before (see below). I don't like that he's floating by up to now without adding anything. I don't feel comfortable with my vote on him though.

Princess-gate: I really didn't get her at first. After some thinking (and to be honest, after some confirming posts by others) I concluded that it must be about symp-clues. Either the Devil was signalling (which I think is far fetched) or she made his post her own, signalling herself. That would make sense (as Frankie made clear to me and Wolfy said so to) in order to draw the finder's attention. I cannot see, for just that reason, how that is making her look FM.

Wolfy: He's definitly leading the game in a way. And I have similiar bad feelings about it as cowboy. Also: if either devil or princess were symp-signalling, it leads me to Wolfy. I'm inclined to vote him after Frankie returns.

Genie: Don't know what's so likable about this style of play. I hate it.

I don't know, I think this post explains all my thoughts up to that point. It weren't that many due to lack of time. I didn't feel comfortable with voting Frankie because he made me realize a possible way of "evil thinking" which is a good thing. I don't know if a an evil ghost would point out just why a symp were acting so attention-drawing. I also have a natural aversion against leaders because they gain power to stirr the crowd (especially away from them). That's why I wanted to investigate on Wolffy who was there to start discussion but always gone quickly. I also kept in mind, that for the same reasons cowboy must be on my list soon.

As for the Genie: part, I really don't like spamming the thread with one-liners that hardly have valuable content.

After that, I enjoyed Friday night a while and when I came back and saw all this new talk I just got discouraged - being tired. I skimmed to what Frankie wrote and it was not much. While I was thinking what to do and if I had it in me to really look at Wolffy closely, Frankie totally broke out of character. He always tried to seem the laid-back, calm rational type only to suddenly break out with insulting princess. It looked desperate to me, trying to draw attention away from him to something he hoped would make people think about the only other viable target at that point: princess with 3 votes. I really disliked it and thought: what the heck I'm tired, mine is a good vote where it is. After that I reread the first two pages to look at wolffy and after rereading one post three times and still not realizing what it said (tired) I switched of the comp and went to sleep. End of story.

I hope that you have a better explanation for effectively derailing the Blacky lynch other than "i really don't like this momentum shift from frankie to blackie. I always hate late day 1 train derails."

So you risk loosing a lynch just because you hate "late day 1 derails"? Not that you've been one of those who had strong suspicions of Frankie anyway. I might be nitpicking here, but this was the vote count ca. 4-5 hours before the deadline:

So you say it's ok that the votes pile up against Frankie, but not that players decide to vote for Blacky instead? That you felt so strongly that no one may be lynched beside Frankie that you refused to switch your vote? Just because a case has been brought up later in the day does not mean that people shouldn't think about it and change their course of action based on new informations.

ETA: Wow, that came unexpected. :wideeyed:

You really can't see the difference between 4 hours before the end when lots of people are active and discussing the thread, and the last hour or so when people are panicking, and when all it takes is a 1 vote majority on Blackie to force anyone who logs in to ensure a lynch into voting blackie?

I dislike last minute changes in direction, not 4 hours before the end trains forming after another one was found to be well and truly dead.

Oh, and I aint saying anything until I have more information on what happened last night. :)

You awake to find Lany making pancakes and sausage for breakfast.

Thanks Lany for those pancakes and sausages they were delicious except the juice that came with breakfast tasted abit off.

Oh, and I aint saying anything until I have more information on what happened last night.

Yes, I will agree with you Princess on this point

But

Anyone with eyes and sense can see why Devil looks bad for his vote on wolffy. It isn't communication that only certain people will understand, unless by "certain people" you mean "skilled players with their eyes open and mafia brains engaged". I'm saying no more, for good reason.

I will explain on day 2.

Can you explain now?

Archived