Mafia 88: Glimmers of the Pattern

House Targaryen

Um ... nm. I was thinking Dragon was bad ...

this is embarrassing.

So, if you thought 'Dragon' was bad, how did you read you're PM? Did you think you were evil when you are really town (aka Dragon), or did you think you were town when you are actually evil?

Gawyn, what about Faile being seems Mafia-ish

Her reasoning behind her votes and reads is highly illogical and her reaction towards being pressured about it is ever worse.

So.....I just re-read Faile. Aside from eventually changing her Mat vote, she's too stubborn to be evil. She's no longer a tier 1 suspect for me.

Stubbornness is more related to someones playstyle than anything else. Mafia can be stubborn.

So.....I just re-read Faile. Aside from eventually changing her Mat vote, she's too stubborn to be evil.

She's no longer a tier 1 suspect for me.

And of course, the proper time to discuss this is right now.

Why did you claim, Faile?

She claimed?

So, if you thought 'Dragon' was bad, how did you read you're PM? Did you think you were evil when you are really town (aka Dragon), or did you think you were town when you are actually evil?

Do you find this suspicious or are you just asking so you can be seen asking?

Do you find this suspicious or are you just asking so you can be seen asking?

I found it awfully awkward. Not awfully suspicious... just weird. And you didn't answer. How did you know you're alignment? And have you, by any chance, been playing for the wrong alignment? Do you just have a bad memory? Or a you a devious symp who didn't need to read that he was alighned with the shadows or dragons, as you knew you were symping the FM.

Moghedien hid herself in the shadows of Tel'Aran'Rhiod. She couldn't resist observing. al'Thor was willing to let his followers tear themselves apart, and now at night - the Dark One's domain there was a chance for more damage to be done. There was murder in the air tonight - she could sense it.

She wondered how many of her fellow Chosen were around? Not Sammael - he was surely dead by now, surely?. Lanfear was probably somewhere around The World of Dreams, foolish woman that she was. Moridin? She shivered. The man was clear insane - he considered himself Nae'blis, and perhaps he was for now, but that could change. She would please the Dark One - she would tame al'Thor and bring him to kneel in Shayol Ghul if needed.

A scream rang out. So, someone had died then. But who? She travelled through the houses and looked down upon the body. Bright red blood stained his white cloak

Galad Damodred was

Aligned with the Dragon

Another scream rang out across the other side of the village. The Spider leaped through the air, reckless for once. Another dead body. This one was tall and darkly handsome, his dark curls matted with blood.

Logain Abler was

Aligned with the Dragon.

Moghedien pondered. Two deaths. al'Thor truly was a tav'eren. Things were happening here and she would observe from the shadows and strike when necessary - her speciality.

On the wall, the following message was written by a member of the Grey ajah:

"Nay, nay, stay away,

In the kingdom, thou shall slay,

A boar of massive size shall rise,

Gore and blood, thou shall thrive,

O’er the kingdom of the wheel,

Learn to stand amidst the steel,

So gather around, have no fear,

For the man on the moon is the engineer."

Day dawns. 15 remain.

It is day 2

15 players remain: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Faile Bashere, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

15 players have not voted: Aviendha., Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Egwene al'Vere, Faile Bashere, Gawyn Trakand, Lan Mandragoran, Mat Cauthon, Min Farshaw, Moiraine Damodred, Nynaeve al'Meara, Perrin Aybara, Siuan Sanche, Thom Merrilin, Tuon, Verin Mathwin.

So 2 deaths is kind of fucked up.

Does anybody want to reveal as Green Ajah?

And why would a Vig kill Galad or Logain? Definitely not Galad - most people trusted him. Logain was more of a question mark and he got some votes yesterday, but his role claim looked like an innocent attempt to draw the night kill. Again, not a good target for the Vig.

If either of those was a vig kill then I'm going to be pretty disappointed in the vig, there were so many better targets to aim towards. Still think Lan, Mat, Perrin and Siuan are town although Siuan hard claiming her role if she has any information might be a good idea.

Still am pretty confident in my Faile scum read; to restate why I think she's mafia she stated she had multiple scum reads and stated unwillingness to lynch most of them for no reason whatsoever other than 'giving them a chance' when the entire aim of the game is to lynch your scum reads.

Going to see if I can do some re-reading now. Lan, have you found a way to ISO that works?

If either of those was a vig kill then I'm going to be pretty disappointed in the vig, there were so many better targets to aim towards. Still think Lan, Mat, Perrin and Siuan are town although Siuan hard claiming her role if she has any information might be a good idea.

Still am pretty confident in my Faile scum read; to restate why I think she's mafia she stated she had multiple scum reads and stated unwillingness to lynch most of them for no reason whatsoever other than 'giving them a chance' when the entire aim of the game is to lynch your scum reads.

Going to see if I can do some re-reading now. Lan, have you found a way to ISO that works?

Nope, had to do it the old fashioned way - read through the thread, looking for posts by a particular person. Really annoying.

Regarding Faile - I need to go back and look, but I think the players she listed were the players who had votes at the time. She was choosing from among that group. Not from among the people she thought looked evil. Is that wrong?

Hmm...another random.org directed vig shot?

I think we would have been told if it was two teams. We would need that information for evaluation, and the rules don't mention anything about two teams. It seems to mention the possibility of more than one symp or secretive followers, but I don't see anything else.

Regarding Faile - I need to go back and look, but I think the players she listed were the players who had votes at the time. She was choosing from among that group. Not from among the people she thought looked evil. Is that wrong?

I considered that initially but she claimed otherwise. When I pushed her about why she selected the people she did to pick from she stated because she had everyone else as Town/Null and they were the leftovers ie. her scum reads.

Hmmm. Lan, what's your thoughts on this being 2 scum teams?

The number 19 is a very specific number of players to want, it's likely because that was the best number to balance it out.

We've never had a 3 faction game here that wasn't revealed in the rules.

Don't the rules say its Dragon vs. Shadow? Did they leave open the possibility of 2 separate Shadow teams? If not, then 3 factions would be Evil Mod.

Archived