Stannis fandom

Maud

Stannis is a character you either hate or love. No middle ground here. So which one is it? And Why?

Personally I dislike him for killing Renly and Robb in such a cowardly fashion (kinslayer & kingslayer). Also, he wanted to burn Edric Storm.

I kinda love Stannis. He is very blunt, which I like. He likes people who have guts (Jon, Davos) and speak to him frankly but at the same time he doesn't take any crap and he does endeavour to be a just king. I think his only weak point is his being led on by Mel. I think if he did manage to rule the 7k (which I don't see happening) he would bring peace, if he got rid of Mel.

He is also the only ruler to recognise the importance of the Nights Watch in protecting the kingdom.

Do we honestly need another iteration of this type of thread?

The past few days we've had;

Why do people like Stannis?

The Paradox that is Stannis

Why don't people like Stannis?

Stannis decision to have Renly killed

Anyone else feel sorry for Stannis

Aren't we all, whether you be a Stanstan, a non-Stanstan or neutral, kind of sick to death of this yet? And if we're not, shouldn't there be some kind of recurring outlet for this discussion like the R+L=J.

I'm mixed about Stannis

Good points

• Very direct and just, tells it to you honestly - does not sugar coat the facts.
  • Is a fair man, genuinely desires what's best for the realm

Bad points

• His obssessive fans on this forum (not really his fault but still)
  • Blind and very stubborn sometimes - (almost) burns people alive, claims that he doesn't want the throne but fights so hard for it.
  • Kills his brother. Yes Renly was a traitor but that doesn't mean he deserved death, and even if he did, that doesn't give Stannis the right to kill him.
  • Burns people

Do we honestly need another iteration of this type of thread?

The past few days we've had;

Why do people like Stannis?

The Paradox that is Stannis

Why don't people like Stannis?

Stannis decision to have Renly killed

Anyone else feel sorry for Stannis

Aren't we all, whether you be a Stanstan, a non-Stanstan or neutral, kind of sick to death of this yet? And if we're not, shouldn't there be some kind of recurring outlet for this discussion like the R+L=J.

Well for a newbie like me who hasn't been around for the other threads, I'm glad the topics up for discussion again.

Archived